Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Note to terrorists

I would hardly call it “shooting my mouth off”

I would call it an expression of thought.
    I was in no way attacking you, I was just displaying my thoughts hence the comment “That poem must have been written in anger”
    I am fully aware that you did not write the poem, but by displaying it you must agree on it’s contents.
    If you choose to take it as an attack then I can do no more.
    Quick!!….Pack your bags!!…

The Elephants are coming!!…

Quote Originally Posted by FLaCo
    What history is that...i'm curious?:confused:

One example:

America acts all tough and doesn't let anyone have nuclear weapons. The problem being, America is the only country to have set off a nuke on a city killing millions of innocent people.

Not that I am saying that it was a bad thing but I was just answering your question.

EDIT: sorry, not one, TWO cities.

What history is that...i'm curious?:confused:
    Kent State.
    The genocide of Native Americans.
    The slaughter of various villages carried out during the Korean Conflict & the police action in Viet Nam.

Just to name a few............
    I imagine they teach a good deal more about these events abroad than they do here at home, if you can imagine that:?:
    The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

In the end we still end up with blood on our hands.

We go to war and fight against these barbaric people, innocent people die. If we back away and cower from these peple, still innocent people die. Either way people get hurt and nothing really changes. It just starts over from scratch again after they rebuild their follows, because these people become angry and seek revenge for the deaths of their loved ones.

I heard something on the radio the other day that really rang a bell with me; The anouncer said, "so many faiths, so many beliefs and until we all have the same faith and beliefs there will never be an end to war or terrorism".

So, do we just keep fighting these people and killing them, and then killing the people that seek revenge for their deaths?

Or, do we sit around twiddling our thumbs trying to figure out another way to deal with these types of people?

I don't claim to know the answers, all I see if death and more people getting hurt in the process.

Don't get me wrong, I think what these people are doing is wrong, but is killing them and then the next generation, and the next generation, etc..............., the answer to this situation?

Dealing with it like this might or might not be the answer, who knows?

It was just how I viewed the current circumstances bottom line.

It will be never ending, until the world is non-existent anymore unless we find a better answer than the one we have at present.

Ok, what did we do to Afghan?
    - Damien

I didn't say we did anything specific to them at all. All I'm saying this will be a never ending story until no-one is left to fight.

Ok, what did we do to Afghan?
    The war between Iraq and America has been going on for a long time now, it's all about not letting Iraq have weapons of mass destruction now thou.

But no country is clean, Russia has a bad name with it's KGB, and even Australia's own ASIO has bound to have been up to something that is not right.
    Quick!!….Pack your bags!!…

The Elephants are coming!!…

Mr. C

While I agree that the U.S. has done a lot or sorry ****, I take exception with you listing Kent State. The outcome there was not planned, but the result of a number of stupid errors. We had an idiot Governor who was trying to establish a national reputation as a "tough guy" like Daily was percieved in Chicago. He sent in troops who were: young and inexperienced, had zero training in crowd control, had no means to defend themselves but their rifles and had it beaten into their heads over and over in basic training that in times of danger, your rifle was what would keep you alive, out numbered and scared ****less. And the students (just like the Palestinians) didn't stop to think that throwing rocks at guys with guns isn't necessarily a good idea. And I'm not totally detached personally from this either as I am friends with one of the wounded students, and had met one of those killed.

Slamo

Millions weren't killed with the nukes. The losses were greater with conventional bombing in Tokyo than in Hiroshima or Nagasaki. And if you call the people killed "innocent", you have no understanding of the devotion of the people to the Emporor which made everybody a defender of Japan. Even children were to be suicide bombers to fend off an invasion.

Moose,

Of course the note was written in anger. It was in response to a brutal attack that killed hundreds of innocent people. Most of them Austrialian's.

The terrorists hope by these attacks to destabilize the world economy and weaken the resolve of many a free country. They know that one strike against one country will never do that but several attacks against many countries might.

They want you to feel afraid in your freedom.

Hense the term Terrorist

The note that was sent to Mr. Tweak from what I read was simply a statement that I am NOT afraid of you and I am willing to fight to protect myself and my country.

A very normal reaction to the unbelieveably violent event that this person is responding to.

The problem as I see it is...

There is almost no defense against zelots that are raised from infancy to hate those of us in the free world and willing to turn their bodies into weapons to destroy us.

I don't claim to have the solution to this, but I for one do not feel the need to passively sit by and let these acts go un answered.

The only thing I can do as a normal citizen (not a political leader and not a military person) Is to live my life as I normally would and not let these acts alter my way of living. That of a free person.

I will not cower in fear. I will participate in the economy. I will continue to believe in my God and belief system. And I will continue to feel anger towards anything that threatens those beliefs.

First of all I never talked as if America was Innocent!! We have a habit of sticking our nose into stuff we should not be in... Hence the gulf war!! We spent billions of dollars to go and help a small country protect there land... "Helping"
    But this is just how the US reacts to putting our nose into other people’s problems!!
    Terrorist have been striking and killing hundreds of hundreds of people... it has started moving in all directions: They target Israel almost daily... When it comes to the "Muslim" religion, they think there religion is the only true religion! They are the only religion that has so many conflicts with other religions. This is spoken from someone that has studied the religion well and actually at one time did convert. I have actually read there holy book from beginning to end... not one page in that book spoke about killing for the sake of the religion!!!! These people are ruthless as I spoke in prior posts! I don't know if you can even ask yourself if there are innocent people over there... since they are all trained/brain washed as kids. From the time the boys come into manhood they are rushed off the the army. They don’t have a choice and even by then they are so brain washed they want to join anyways.
    I was once married to a Muslim... a Muslim from Egypt!! I personally could not fathom dating or even having a relationship with a man from Iraq or from the Middle East. My relationship with my x husband was great until we married. This is when his customs came into play; hence never walk in front of me... either beside me or behind me but never in front: "history he became really quick after that" I could not even wait till my 1st anniversary before he was out the door! But that is all really beside the point.

When it comes to the whole situation it all really sucks!! In the end there will be no winner!!

It is almost as those these people are begin for war... they are now traveling to other countries and starting with everyone!! If they want to die so bad why don’t they just stay in there own little country and bomb each other to death!!

But as for the US, I don't agree in some of there methods and I am very unhappy with who is leading our states: Last night I was watching the News and Bush came on talking about the cost of medication.... he could not even say prescriptions without stuttering it out. And this is the person we have leading us into this mess!!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information