Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Thread: Forumtopia... join the cause!

Beefy Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris
    READ OTHER PEOPLE'S POSTS, PLEASE
    This is actually a gripe I've had for some time, usually I just grin and bear it, but seeing as this is rather an important topic, I thought that people would actually take the time to read the initial post (and the posts following it) carefully.

I DO NOT DISLIKE THE BEER GARDEN. I DO NOT WANT TO SHUT IT DOWN.
    *Osiris shuts down rumour #1*
    ~Osiris
    Hehehe.. you tool. If you had of read MY post, you would see I said the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by FLaCo
    You may have a BG post count and a tech post count under your name. You can go as far as add a total at the bottom of both. I think this system would be better if possible. Members like Kay can be seen as a frequent Reg at the BG while Darth although having 5 post in the BG has 1000 at the tech forums; suggesting he is a bit more knowledgable under that aspect of threads.
    that is a good point...

a overall post count is no good, we are back to the same situation again...even though ive said all this...:)

yes i believe having a post count for tech and another for BG would be good...is this possible though? i got a feeling it would be...not sure

i reckon either have 2 post counts like above or just 1 for tech, no other ones....
    MSN Messenger - handy481@hotmail.com
    DC++ - handy481 :: Sweden Xperience :: BootCamp 02 :: Revolution xShare 01 :: Mp3Heaven

It does appear the post counts have been removed.

Kind of a shame - but ultimately they have no true purpose.
    It may impart upon some new member to the community an impression of an individuals experience/technical prowess. That impression could just as easily be misguided by a post count.

Darthtanion for instance has always given "dead-on" advice and help, while not a frequent poster in the Garden. So that has resulted in a relatively low post count - though they have been the highest caliber in quality.

Truth is, when I ask for assistance, I don't give a rip if your posting the first time or a regular. I just need accurate information.

I've always liked the idea of titles for exceptional/unique members who have shown to be a valuable part of the community. Whether it be on the order of "nVidia guru" or "Suzi Sunshine" a title imparts a good deal to a newcomer - it states clearly that the individual has shown a marked tendency to contribute to this community in a manner that has value.
    Certainly a titled poster can be a position for everyone to aspire to, but it can't be gained through false means in the way a post count could be achieved by deviant (although industrious - you gott'a give them that) individuals.

Personally, I've never been clear on what exactly the hubbub was, as I have never found where exactly it started. Though I have no doubt as to who the rotten apple was that started this whole snowball a'rollin'.

Ultimately, I hope none of the current members leave over this hulabaloo. Though it is a fact as others have stated, folks move on for many reasons. Always sad to part ways with a freind just the same.

It looks like another chapter in the TweakTown book is being written. I'm thinking it's going to be another good read for all by the looks of things at this point.

Go Team!:cheers:
    The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

well done!! Maybe this can solve alot of problems that we all have been going threw!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. C
    It does appear the post counts have been removed.

Ultimately, I hope none of the current members leave over this hulabaloo. Though it is a fact as others have stated, folks move on for many reasons. Always sad to part ways with a freind just the same.

Go Team!:cheers:
    I believe that leaving the forums is pointless (man i love that word)....It will just destroy TT even more. Hopes were down at TT ...regs were leaving etc...but like i said before...whats the point...there isn't any...so just stay...and go on with it...: peace2:
    - Damien

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. C
    ...exceptional/unique members who have shown to be a valuable part of the community... ..."nVidia guru" or "Suzi Sunshine" a title imparts a good deal to a newcomer - it states clearly that the individual has shown a marked tendency to contribute to this community...

Yeah well I am a valued part of the communtiy (Arent I?) and look what I got stuck with :rolleyes2
    New Sig soon, old one was way outdated.

:thumb:

That title was given with the utmost in respect for your special contribution:D
    Not just any pain, now mind you, but the official TT Forum "Pain in the A$$"
    That isn't any consolation prize - it is a mark of distinction possessed only by yourself, there is no other!
    Wear it with pride:thumb:

I am assuming that titles are not concrete and are subject to upgrade/downgrade as warranted.
    :laugh:
    The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

At least they notice you...as a pain in the butt but hey who doesn't notice that....lol

You are TT's pain in the Ass...show the pride....
    - Damien

Demoted to 'Pain in the litte toe' maybe? :laugh:

But you must admit it is unique. :thumb:

Beefy Guest

I thought it was highly appropriate, and I do have at least two other people to back me up. :D

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Thread Information