Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Forumtopia... join the cause!

Quote Originally Posted by Beefy
    me.
    Wrong bigtime pal but isn't that post spam? In fact quite a few of your posts are 1 word or 1 smiley (we did have a limit of 3 words) so cut the crap with the spam part there, ppl are followin' your example. Another thing that disappoints me is some ppl's seemly very short memories on how they use to be here when they first started postin' here, just stop and think back a moment as I remember how a lot of ya's use to be.

Correct me if I am wrong wiggo.... Is beefy the 1 person?? Or am I thinking of someone else??? This situation really makes me feel that I am to blame from some of all this because I do most of my posting in the beer garden in the game section.... I am starting to feel not welcomed anymore and feel maybe its time for me to go too

But I have to say: I dont agree with Beefy and his departure... and I think maybe you should of talked things over with some people before you did what you did and then hit the door again.... This makes me feel like you are "the coward" and run and hide when things get tought. Maybe I dont know the whole situation but running is not the answer... but hey its your choice right!!

Okay... can we stop the blaming/bickering back and forth?

Basically, I really want to know what people think about cutting post counts and using a rating system or the like...

I'm in total aggreeance.

This is the first time in a long while that I've been back here...new people are here and people have left...i wouldn't even have seen this thread had Osiris not sent me the link...

Before I stopped posting I think we tried to get post counts to be dropped, but unsuccesfully...hopefully things might change here...

We used to be the friendliest, and helpful technical support forum on the net....back before the spammage...and yes, even i contributed to spam way back then when it started...

I think it would be a good idea for this to be changed to a vote, asking who thinks the post counts should be dropped, the games threads be killed, along with the Cafe, and hopefully we can get back to a nice, friendly, and most of all, helpful environment...

I'm all for this, and hopefully if we achieve anything with this, I'll be hanging around (and I'm assuming others will be too) a bit more...
    At the request of wiggo ;)

Beefy Guest

Seems to be a lot of current moderators here. Surprising that people in power don't come to the forums much anymore. Then again, it's not really.

As for the gaming section, that won't be going anywhere I'd say. There's 'big plans' for something to happen there. Apparently...

Quote Originally Posted by StormyWeather
    Correct me if I am wrong wiggo.... Is beefy the 1 person??
    No.
    The doc and his 3 other personalities is who I'm referrin' to.

But to answer ya question Osiris I don't really care how ya want to measure things but it must be reasonable, fair, and not disadvantage anyone at all as some recent decissions have done. Plus once a decission is made after fair consultation with input from all who wish to, then it should be posted with reasonable time for ppl to know about what's happin', why and when. None of what's been goin' on lately and just makin' it up as ya go when ya please and members wonderin' "WTF is goin' on" every 5 minutes.

Sadly what's happened around here the few couple of weeks IMO has done more damage than the fire of '01 ever did.

What is IMO if you dont mind me askin?

well people post which video card i should buy, is this better than that....

maybe its time for a more designated section for this, like i know there is the "what should i buy" but people still do it in the other forums, im thinking it needs to be more suggested that the right forum is the one to use.

that should clear up the other forums of all that stuff, leaving it for general help and all that kinda stuff.

:)
    MSN Messenger - handy481@hotmail.com
    DC++ - handy481 :: Sweden Xperience :: BootCamp 02 :: Revolution xShare 01 :: Mp3Heaven

Wiggo,
    is there something that I have missed here in my absence? What's been happening as of lately?

We don't want this to turn into a flame fest, just want to know eveybody's input on the matter...if your reply of what has been happening lately is going to start a flaming session, could you please PM me it...

I think this would be best for TT, but thats just my opinion, and would like to see other opinions
    At the request of wiggo ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Wiggo
    No.
    The doc and his 3 other personalities is who I'm referrin' to.

But to answer ya question Osiris I don't really care how ya want to measure things but it must be reasonable, fair, and not disadvantage anyone at all as some recent decissions have done. Plus once a decission is made after fair consultation with input from all who wish to, then it should be posted with reasonable time for ppl to know about what's happin', why and when. None of what's been goin' on lately and just makin' it up as ya go when ya please and members wonderin' "WTF is goin' on" every 5 minutes.

Sadly what's happened around here the few couple of weeks IMO has done more damage than the fire of '01 ever did.
    Well, I don't really think it's likely that any change will be effected... personally, I'd like to first off just see post counts disappear... after that, we could look at other systems, etc...

And Stormy, IMO means In My Opinion.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread Information