Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Forumtopia... join the cause!

Since this is the first I've seen the term libel in all of these posts, I would guess you are addressing me. A quote from my previous post to you is:

"Webgraph

Tell me if I got the gist of your post:
    more people = bad forums"

This was the only conclusion that I could reasonably draw from your post before that. I then followed with a sarcastic suggestion of how such a "bad forum" could be avoided. This was meant to illustrate my opinion that you point to the wrong road for making a better forum.
    Libel/slander is to unfairly damage someone's reputation in public. If you feel that this is libel, you must think your reputation is quite fragile.

Ok, I've just re-read the thread and I have a question.

Perhaps the saged Moderators can explain something to this newbie.

How is the Beer Garden affecting anything that goes on in the tech area of Tweak Town? Isn't it just a matter of NOT visiting it?

Besides.. it appears this thread and all of the hullabaloo has effectively killed it off and buried it.

Some clarity would be helpful to me.

Quote Originally Posted by G Smith
    Ok, I've just re-read the thread and I have a question.

Perhaps the saged Moderators can explain something to this newbie.

How is the Beer Garden affecting anything that goes on in the tech area of Tweak Town? Isn't it just a matter of NOT visiting it?

Besides.. it appears this thread and all of the hullabaloo has effectively killed it off and buried it.

Some clarity would be helpful to me.
    You have it exactly. There is no place anywhere you have to visit. I wouldn't have known about this thread if one of my friends hadn't tipped me off about it.

The beer garden is an "off topic" forum, where people can post whatever's on their minds.
    Chris "Raven"
    News Crew - TweakTown
    <!--
    <font size=1>
    <font color=green>Main Beast:</font>
    - Athlon XP 1800+@1701MHz | EPoX 8KHA+ | Corsair 512MB XMS3200C2 | GeForce3 Ti200
    - 2x80GB WD 7200RPM | 40x12x48 Sony CDRW | Pioneer 16X DVD
    - Swiftech MCX462+ / Tt Smart Case Fan 2 | Antec 1030SX case w/ 431W Enermax PSU
    </font>
    // -->
    "Look at life like your morning cup of coffee. You might have one every day, yet you still enjoy it."

How to ask a good question

bigjackusa, wrong again! I didn't say you were the one causing libel against me! I said that I have nothing against any community unless if one libels another! I meant a conflict between two entire communities, not between two people! I know that all communities have an off-topic forum and I'm not a newbie here. I came to TweakTown since February 2001. It's just that I don't post a lot now since I use other communities. Besides, the only libel I've ever heard was when one former Neowin user (banned) used Neonerds (now SlipStreamX) to get back at the Neowin Administrators! If you think I'd cause libel against anyone, you've got to be kidding!

Webgraph

Since you had made such a point of making sure that all of us understood the term libel by defining it for us, it certainly gave the appearence (to me at least) that you were applying that to this forum. Your intentions might be clearer to dummys like me if you could classify your dislikes by whether or not they apply to this forum. BTW, I didn't take personal offense at it anyway. This thread has become a bit tiresome for me though. I suppose now I'll just lurk unless someone really pushes a button.

Please guys, keep the "libel" argument out of this thread and keep it on-topic - just because this is the beer garden or "off-topic" forum doesn't mean that you run each off-topic topic further away from retaining any semblance to the thread at hand.

Keep it clear for the actual constructive posting, and take your arguments to PM if you must.

G Smith, it used to be that one could avoid the beer garden and be done with it - the main reason for complaints is that many of the BG "pointless posts" are spreading out into other areas of the forums, and that, like has happened in this topic, the conversation is swaying away from the originally intended topic.
    SileNceR, Messenger of the Dark and the Night. To post quality, or not to post at all, THAT is the Question - Never again ask what can my post count do for me besides increasing my ego, but instead ask what can I do to help someone else!
    Overclockers Melbourne (http://www.ocmelbourne.com).

No worries, I don't mind it at all if you send me an email there mrC, what you said was brilliant and well said. But when it comes down to it; the main point to your post is also the main reason I am leaving. The reason I stayed here in the first place was posting up to all hours with the doc, then I went to qld and when I came back it had all changed, but oh well I got to know WS at that time alot better and shortly after SW and K as well as a few others...I have also gotten a bit of help with my website and learnt a few things by browsing the forums. But with the exodus under way I have a difficult time to come up with a reason to stay.
    And thanks mrC, I appreciate it alot that you consider me to be a member of this community...

Beefy Guest

I hope nobody is getting me wrong. I'm not against the BG. It actually makes this place an interesting community.

oops! I didn't realise I had my old persona in use still...I was suppose to post that prior post under stormybaka
    "I'm back!" ^_^

I know I am not taking it that way Beefy...If you haven't worked it out you are one of the ppl I consider to be special here...

I will add that I will be on TT for another ½ hour than I will depart for good...I am just here long enough to reply to the email and answer any last queries I guess...
    "I'm back!" ^_^

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread Information