Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Need a job

well for me........after being let go from working at my school its been almost a year taht I've been out of a job. Today I had an interview at GameStop (a video game retail store). And it looks like I'm in I just have to fill out the massive load of paper work to get on the pay roll. Sad thing is I'm only being for about 3-4 weeks for the holiday's. Cause they need holiday help. I'll be doing ground maintence and recommending Game Informer suscriptions. Pending on my performance will tell my manager if I stick around after the 3 weeks or not. I guess it'll only be a few bucks but a few bucks that I desperatly need.

I got fired because I don't do any work at work, they don't understand why I don't feel motivated for $6/hour, go figure huh.

I can't get the dole because I haven't declared myself independant from my parents yet.

So that's why ya were only gettin' $6 p/h instead of $12. Get out from under the family wing and sign up for unemployment till ya get a real job (ya may have to wait a few weeks though). :devil win

Good luck (ya'll need it with a proper job) :thumb:
    <center>:cheers:</center>

This might seem a bit old fashioned.
    But listen up. Ready?
    OK
    Not everyone is going to be fortunate enough to be CEO of a Fortune 500 company coming straight out of school.

Go to work, give your employer his money's worth. Show up on time, and if required stay a bit late to finish.
    Be reliable, dependable and self-motivated - there's these things called raises once-in-a-blue moon. Not often enough, but have yourself in line for one if they come up.

There's also these things called references, when looking for better paying work, it's a good thing to have a favorable one.

And wiggo's right, if you were depending upon yourself to feed you and put clothes on your back & roof over your head, you'd be faced with a whole different aspect.

Most young fellows are surely wanting a bit of independence, but it is only gained through hard work, sticking to it & sometimes putting up with BS and low pay.

ahh, my daddy always said "There's gott'a be a better way to serve the Lord than working for a living."
    However, to date he hasn't informed me of what that might be:laugh:

</RANT>
    The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Mr C is largely right but the culture shock going from a school environment to the workforce (especially in some of the low paid/skilled jobs) is huge.

My kids didn't get it right for quite a while but it was the lack of money (and what that can do) which eventually motivated them.

Remember, to have that 10% chaos and fun in your life it takes the other 90% of drudgery and hard work FIRST. Not the other way round or in the reverse proportions. I wish it was so myself..
    The older I get...the better I was

Beefy Guest

Words of wisdom from the 3 wise (and old) men. :)

Since school finished I've basically been doin things myself. I moved out a couple months after I finished school, was paying most of my own way with part time work and study, and now have a full time job.

Even if you aren't happy where you are, unless there are alternatives, then just put on a brave face and plug away at it. If you give people reason to fire you then why would anyone else employ you?

i think everyone must of missed the $6/hour part

THATS $3 US

Well ya didn't read my other post, but why didn't ya just quit instead of bein' booted? :confused:

Bein' booted always follows ya around. :(
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Beefy Guest

i only got $8 for a while... and i was living out of home.

my first job payed $20 an hour however it wasn't in an area that i was interested in so I took a massive pay cut to get my first real job, it took more than 3 years to get back up to what I was making at my first job.

So if you didn't like it you should have given notice, your employer would have valued your honesty

But enough finger pointing

what sort of Job where you after

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information