Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Need help making a "GET OUT" stick!

Quote Originally Posted by JediAgent
    I understand about the money. The German Car place i go to has a VERY knowledgeable Porsche guy who also does trans rebuilds. He gets paid in the 40-50 range and that is still what i might consider low for as much as he knows. I dont pay that for my services as thats my best friend, but fer someone who can afford the service price... there should be some respect...
    My friend sounds like he's in the same boat, but he works for Audi. As for respect, that goes both ways. The business might charge $400-$500 an hour, but the servicemen are getting jack **** of that. And just because someone is willing to pay that doesn't give them the right to be abusive the employees for little or no reason.

In most cases respect is given when it's received. I bet anyone would find it hard to keep their cool if they got serverly abused 3-4 times a week for either nothing, or for extremely trivial things.

Think of the poor ppl that get abused more than that per day, the only way of getting politeness is usually by using politeness

or :hammer: it into them :thumb:

One of our sales people used a line on a customer a few years ago that has stuck with me:

"You know, it is nice to be important, but it is more important to be nice."

The customer looked at her, blinked his eyes a couple of times, then proceeded to complete his transaction in a much more friendly manner.
    Antec 900 case (4 120mm and 1 200mm lighted fans + UFO flashing light set + 2 12" and 1 6" Mutant Mods meteor lights) - Aerogate ll thermal controller - Asus M2N-e SLI - AMD 64 X2 AM2 6400+ - Corsair TX650 PSU - MSI 450GTS Cyclone OC - 2 X 2GB Patriot Extreme Performance PC2 6400 RAM - SATA 320 GB Seagate HD, SATA 300GB Maxtor HD and IDE 80 GB Samsung HD - Floppy Drive/Card Reader Combo - LG SuperMulti Lightscribe 18x DVD RW - Plextor PX-716A DVD r/rw - Windows 7 Home Premium 64

Crude but Effective ... it is a way of life.

Yes that's a very good one. :thumb:

But there are some that will still ignore that even, believe me. :(

And they don't have to be important either. :rolleyes2

Yep... I've worked in the retail sector in one capacity or another for twenty odd years now and have seen more than a few who would not be pacified no matter what was said or done. I hate to say it but my patience has worn thin a few times.

Physical intimidation sometimes works to shut em up. Lately I've gotten to the point that if they become too demanding or think that they deserve the best of the best I simply ask them to "say please" and I'll see what I can do. Amazingly a lot of them will actually say "please" at this point! My approach is not something I would recommend or put up with from my staff (bad example that I am at times) but I have yet to lose a customer as a result.
    Antec 900 case (4 120mm and 1 200mm lighted fans + UFO flashing light set + 2 12" and 1 6" Mutant Mods meteor lights) - Aerogate ll thermal controller - Asus M2N-e SLI - AMD 64 X2 AM2 6400+ - Corsair TX650 PSU - MSI 450GTS Cyclone OC - 2 X 2GB Patriot Extreme Performance PC2 6400 RAM - SATA 320 GB Seagate HD, SATA 300GB Maxtor HD and IDE 80 GB Samsung HD - Floppy Drive/Card Reader Combo - LG SuperMulti Lightscribe 18x DVD RW - Plextor PX-716A DVD r/rw - Windows 7 Home Premium 64

Crude but Effective ... it is a way of life.

I put up with driving public transport buses for over 20yrs till it blew 3 disks out of my back and against the spinal column (I drove all these bar 3 or 4 at sometime and 80% of them most of the time). For the last 6.5 of those years I was a revenue inspector (collector) also and some ppl still didn't wake up when bein' hit with 1 or 2 x $100aus fines (the second usually regarding their language) and we'll still wind up in court because that person thought that they were "God's gift to the world" till the Magistrate announced a fine 5 times as much plus court costs as well as STA costs (though one was dragged kickin' and screemin' to the cells abusin' the Magistrate and she reckoned that she was goin' to have the Magistrate's job. She got 30 days in gaol (jail for those from the US) added to her fines plus a recorded criminal conviction against her name). :D
    <center>:cheers:</center>

It's amazing how much some people become wrapped up in their own self importance.

All the more reason to whack 'em with a "GET OUT" stick :thumb:

Have ya thought about obtainin' an old wooden baseball bat and usin' a real hot soldierin' iron to write what ya want on it? :?:
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information