Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Horray for introduction speeches!

Erm, yeah..

Hi. ;x

I've been fooling around, tweaking, building computers for 3-4 years now. Old reliable just died (Celeron 400mhz..) so I thought I might as well build something modern for myself..since i've bult hundreds of computers for other people. Throughout the years of using that peice of ****, I've learned how to tweak every single aspect of windows 98 (if it didnt have such horrible ram leaks..I'd be on it right now) I've tweaked that thing so much, not even having an AGP card, I could play almost the most modern games today..But, the CMOS died, and im too lazy to set it back up..Might as well get with the times..So, now I wanna learn how to play with these AMD based systems i've been building, and possibly share some of my linux/windows tweaking knowledge. heh.
    Work in progress..
    AMD Athlon XP 1800+ (@1.72ghz higher soon..)
    Gigabyte GA7VAXP (VIA KT400)
    256mb Samsung PC2700 DDR
    GeForce 4 MX420 (too broke to replace it with a real card)

Welcome, I am sure you will find something of interest here :wave:

So sorry to hear about your system Fallen deity, it sounded like it had a lot of love put into it. Shame to part with an old friend, but sometimes you gott'a move on.

Hopefully, the next one will help ease the pain a bit.

Seems to me you are going to fit in around here very well indeed, any time you feel you have something to offer, please speak up: peace2:
    The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

It's gonna make a comeback, as a Linux box. Just on a better board. I loved that damn computer..Just for novelty really, and to see how long that processor will last.

Here's the stats..

Intel Pentium Celeron 400mhz
    Intel Freeman mobo (int. 8mb ATi Rage Pro 128 video, some kinda creative int sound..)
    256MB Crucial PC-133 DIMM 128mb x2 (that's all it'd support..:x)
    Couple of Seagate Baracudas
    GeForce 4 MX420 PCI video
    Soundblaster 512
    Cnet NIC.

I pretty much maxed her out..I'd be using it right now it if didnt break down. Windows 98 worked damn well..Just had to use Memturbo to argument the ram leaks, XP worked amazingly..in fact so good that I might use it as a computer just to surf/chat. It played CS pretty damn well too. I had Fusion Pack 7.0 installed and worked halfway decent. ;x (low as hell resoultion, horrible sound..)
    Work in progress..
    AMD Athlon XP 1800+ (@1.72ghz higher soon..)
    Gigabyte GA7VAXP (VIA KT400)
    256mb Samsung PC2700 DDR
    GeForce 4 MX420 (too broke to replace it with a real card)

Welcome to the crazy house... :)
    Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
    Managing Director
    Tweak Town Pty Ltd

:wave: Welcome to TT Fallen deity.
    I'm sure you'll always find plenty of interesting topics and discussions to read and add to in our humble abode.

Above all, enjoy your time with us.
    New rig
    P4 Titan 8S655FX
    PENTIUM 4 Intel 2.8c
    KINGMAX 2x512 DDR
    GeForce4 MX440
    DVD: LITEON x 16
    CDRW:LITEON 52x32x52
    LG FLATRON F700B
    NEWMEN OPTICAL MOUSE

Thread Information