Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Canberra Fires

Considering John Howard has chosen not to live in Canberra, has never really liked or lived in Canberra and it is a Labor Government here at the moment, I have no idea what you're on about Slamo. Why would he play favourites here? What's he got to gain..the Canberra people voted Labor according to the poles.

Anyway, it's been very hazy this afternoon and checking the official ACT Bushfire update site as oldbugger said it looks like Northwest ACT will have to brace itself again tomorrow. I probably won't go in to work because if the grassland here behind Palmerston catches even an ember the whole place will light up like a torch in seconds.

This has been one shocker of a week...I'm starting to hate this summer bad. Heat, humidity, no rain, bushfires. It's a sh*thouse summer in Canberra.

It's good to hear they have the sewage under control as that could have caused very serious health risks in the long run. It bad enough that it has leaked into the main river system already.

These reporters on the news seem to be trying to create a path of blame which I don't consider to be legitimate.

Considering the lack of rain of the past couple of years I think it could of happened anywhere in Australia, it was just unfortunate that it had to be Canberra. Every city/town is under threat with out breaks occuring everywhere.

Oldbuggar and PI our hearts go out to you and our fingers are crossed for you all. Lets just hope those gusterly winds die down b4 they cause anymore danger.
    New rig
    P4 Titan 8S655FX
    PENTIUM 4 Intel 2.8c
    KINGMAX 2x512 DDR
    GeForce4 MX440
    DVD: LITEON x 16
    CDRW:LITEON 52x32x52
    LG FLATRON F700B
    NEWMEN OPTICAL MOUSE

Quote Originally Posted by Slamo
    Back in 1983 when the Ash Wednesday bushfired burnt out our area of victoria, it devistated hundreds of farmers and even burnt towns down. No aid was given.

Now that canberra has been hit, everyone, not just the uninsured people get ,000 each.

I feel deeply for the people who lost family's and homes, I just find it funny that little johnny steps up his response to the fires by about 300% as soon as canberra is hit.
    Where the hell did that come from? You weren't even born in 1983 and the Ash Wednesday fires hit 3 states I think, not just your beloved Victoria.
    Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
    Managing Director
    Tweak Town Pty Ltd

actually cameron, they wiped out my cousins farm, there is a lot more money in a farm than there is in a quarter acre house.

Quote Originally Posted by Slamo
    actually cameron, they wiped out my cousins farm, there is a lot more money in a farm than there is in a quarter acre house.
    My heart weeps for you, it really does.
    Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
    Managing Director
    Tweak Town Pty Ltd

**********scanning for sarcasm************

sarcasm level: 100%

Don't look now but there's another readin' comin' in at 120% and it ain't sarcasm. :rolleyes2
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Just gave $1000 bucks to the cause for the effort given by the firies..........we own them much more than I can give...........

If you can afford even a few bucks (**** I can't afford my contribution...I'll pay it off) please give........( I think the Commonwealth bank is the one)

Breathing much easier.....thanx to the fire fighters....

PS...from what I've been told...at least 6 firefighters lost their wn homes fighting for someone else's........

This has been our worst natural disaster ever.........but we will come back...as much as I lothe JH...we are real Australians...... and we WILL come back......STRONGER
    The older I get...the better I was

My heart goes out to everyone that has lost a beloved one and there homes.... I seen for the first time today on the news the devastation you guys are going threw.... it looks like a time bomb went off!!

Here in Florida, during the winter months... they work at preventing fires from starting ... they start backburns and clear away the dead brush. (Something of that matter) do they do that over there???

Last summer here we had several fires... some distroyed some homes here in Port Charlotte.... but nothing like what you are going threw!!

Gesh I wish there was something I could do.... Does anyone know or have any information on where I could send money too??? And NO Slamo i dont want your personal account... (shaking head)

Usually the US starts aids for countrys that have been hit with such terrior... where people donate food and clothing I will find out with the red cross here if they have anything set up. I dont know if they do due to the distance but heck it worth a shot!!

My heart once again goes to everyone and will keep you in my prayers

We use to have regular burnoffs here but the so called Greenies basically stopped that and look at what has been goin' on with all these huge fires that we've been havin' the last few years. We should make them pay for all the damage.
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information