Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: The Space Shuttle Burnt Up!!!

"Seven New Angels"
    February first, two thousand and three,
    as returning to Earth, a shuttle was lost.
    Two women and five men, lost in the debris,
    realizing their dreams, but paying a high cost.

A very sad day, for families and friends,
    of two women and five men, living their dreams.
    Sailing the heavens, till the trip suddenly ends,
    as mighty explosions, thru the sky streams.

In Heaven now, seven new angels reside,
    two women and five men, their lives have been taken.
    For their life long dreams, they lived and died,
    and now a whole world, by this tragedy is shaken.

The entire world weeps, and is in despair,
    for two women and five men, who traveled in space,
    All the joy and wonders, that together they share,
    they now share with each other, in God's Heavenly Grace.

~written by Frank J. Hornsby

In God's Hands

Rick Husband
    William McCool
    Michael Anderson
    Kalpana Chawla
    David Brown
    Laurel Clark
    Ilan Ramon

I have no words to descride my feelings, or any that can console one's who have lost a loved one.
    New rig
    P4 Titan 8S655FX
    PENTIUM 4 Intel 2.8c
    KINGMAX 2x512 DDR
    GeForce4 MX440
    DVD: LITEON x 16
    CDRW:LITEON 52x32x52
    LG FLATRON F700B
    NEWMEN OPTICAL MOUSE

Quote Originally Posted by E^vol
    Well that's 2 down (Apollo doesn't count, it wasn't a shuttle). So, how many shuttles are left now ? :rolleyes2
    6 were built to date.

Enterprise was the first, never flew in space as it was used for testing purposes.
    Then the Columbia.
    Challenger was the 3rd.
    Then followed Discovery, Atlantis and Endeavour, in that order.

So that leaves 3 which may be considered usable.

If you wish to learn about the shuttle, then this is about the best resource there is online. It hasn't been updated since 1988 and Endeavour was constructed in 1992.
    But this is still the link available at the Kennedy Space Center site.
    http://www.spaceflight.nasa.gov/shut...ref/index.html
    The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Now what happens to the three men stuck on the International Space Station who only have food to last till June?
    Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
    Managing Director
    Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Actually, the ISS has a Soyuz space capsule docked there.

This is the emergency lifeboat that was placed there in case evacuation became necessary.
    That is one big reason why there has never been more than 3 astro/cosmonauts left aboard the ISS at any given time, as 3 is the capacity of the Soyuz capsule.
    This might not be the most desirable method for returning to earth, but if it comes to that it should be possible.

Of course, the Russians have the capability of docking and delivering goods/personnel to the station as well.

The real question is, the ISS is in a fragile low-earth orbit and it needs to be given a boost from time to time. (every 2 years or so)
    From what I have gathered, the Soyuz craft don't have a propulsion system capable of this maneuver. Not enough thrust.

Don't know when this was last done, but the clock is ticking for sure.

Edit;
    I may be mistaken about that orbit situation. One of the modules is designed to maintain orbit - they use the shuttle to draw fuel for the maneuver.
    The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

believe it or not, people are selling pieces of debris from the shuttle on ebay, i just did a quick search to see if it was true, and there was someone selling photos of the 7 crew and news papers that had headlines about the explosion

Quote Originally Posted by Andy
    believe it or not, people are selling pieces of debris from the shuttle on ebay
    Thanks Andy, I at one moment yesterday meant to check on that but I forgot.

Hope they get big-time Federal charges going against those sellers. Those could be key pieces of the investigation for all we know.

UPDATE: CNN just reported that eBay has pulled the auctions they have found, and reported the sellers to the FBI.
    In the past eBay has been very good at policing these activities at thier site.

Ya i saw that on CNN also they said that ppl in Iraq are very happy about this like ppl cheering on the streets and stuff... Quite sad

What is really sad is that I couldn't give a rats posterior for the people in Iraq.
    Not even the enthusiasm to cheer in the street if the whole place were to fall into a massive sink-hole.

I suppose that whatever it takes to enrich their pathetic less-than lives should be seeded into our nightly news on a semi-regular basis.
    Just because seeing them so joyous is our Christian duty

They could certainly do with some "Christianity" but more importantly they need to get with the REAL world and pull their heads out of their cake holes so we can ALL go forward to a better world.
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Quote Originally Posted by Wiggo
    They could certainly do with some "Christianity" but more importantly they need to get with the REAL world and pull their heads out of their cake holes so we can ALL go forward to a better world.
    <center>:cheers:</center>
    The category these people live in is out of style. They need to get with the program imagine if the finally realize that working together will bring more prosperity to themselves they would prolly change up a bit. All this negativity is holding them back and now they want to bring it on us. They live in another time i think they are 400 hundred years behind in their calender. Not saying that our calender is right but the rest of world is using the same calender. The calender isn't the point tho...the point is why close you doors and burn your bridges and closed minded about alot of things that have to do with prosperity.
    - Damien

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread Information