Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Space Shuttle Burnt Up!!!

About 45min ago or less, just as it was decending into earths atmospher way wow:cry: :cry:

from CNN:

JOHNSON SPACE CENTER, Houston, Texas (CNN) -- The space shuttle Columbia, with seven astronauts aboard, broke up as it descended over central Texas Saturday toward a planned landing at Kennedy Space Center in Florida.

Search-and-rescue teams from the Dallas-Fort Worth area were alerted and area residents were urged to stay away from any possible debris from the shuttle, which may be hazardous, said NASA public affairs officer James Hartfield.

The Bush administration was preparing to convene a "domestic event" conference among all domestic and military agencies that may be involved in the next step.

An administration official said the shuttle's altitude -- over 200,000 feet -- made it "highly unlikely" that the shuttle fell victim to a terrorist act.

NASA officials said they last had contact with the shuttle about 9 a.m. EST, and it had been expected to touch down at about 9:16 a.m. EST.

Video of the shuttle tracking over Dallas showed multiple vapor trails, but NASA spokesman Kyle Herring said it was too early to determine the source.

Steve Petrovich, a police officer in Palestine, Texas, said he heard "a rumble and boom" at about 8 a.m. CDT (9 a.m. EST).

Jim Hubbs of New Boston, Texas, said he heard police discussing over a police scanner "a smoking object going southeast" that disappeared in the Bowie County area near the Arkansas state line.

Officials said no tracking data were available.

Israel's first astronaut, Ilan Ramon, was among the seven-person crew. There was no official reaction from the Israeli government, but a Defense Ministry spokeswoman said, "Like everyone else, we are feeling terrible, hoping the slightest hope that still remains at this stage will become a reality."

Columbia is the oldest of NASA's shuttle fleet, first launched in 1981. It was on its 28th mission.

also from CNN:

That film was the hottest I've ever seen one of them comin' in. And it could be smacked in Ayers Rock for all they know. :eek: :cry:
    <center>:cheers:</center>

debris has been found on the ground now - it's probably all over Texas and Arkansas

My prayers go out to the families of the crew.
    Great achievements at such an awful price, there is no balance in that.

I'm deeply moved, as I suppose most here are.
    Being the technophiles and dreamers we are, I'm sure most of you feel like myself - I'd give anything to take that ride.

There are quite a few science-fiction fans here too. And little is as exciting as when we see those stories coming to life here on our own little planet.
    I remember the first steps on the moon, I was only a little kid, but I had no doubt that this was going to change all of us. That proved that there is a reason to dream and a pay-off of unbelievable opportunities for those who dared to do so.

I'm crying for all of us dreamers - but I know this won't stop us from dreaming.
    It seems not so long ago, and a day in February too oddly enough that I watched a shuttle come to a horrendous end. I must've watched it about a thousand times - each one hurt, just like the first time.

This is a heart-wrenching blow to the space program, to America, and most of all to mankind who has long sought answers among the stars.

Mission Report; (updated)
    http://spaceflightnow.com/shuttle/sts107/status.html
    MSNBC;
    http://www.msnbc.com/news/857733.asp?vts=020120030650
    Patrick Drapers photos of the disaster; (this site is overwhelmed ATM)
    http://www.pdrap.org/photo_albums/columbia_disaster/

A lot of bogus stuff is going around right now, be patient as the experts are going to go over and over every detail of this calamity until the answers and the preventative steps are found.
    Don't go for any terrorist rumors that are going around, there is no known weapon that can engage a craft at that height.

A terrible setback for all of us.
    But keep dreaming - that is what takes us to places we haven't been yet.
    :cry:
    The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Yes I just got to see the last footage and what was hot was breakin' up fast in it where the first I seen was just a hot trail but I had to get that thru the UK news service though as it's only 3am Sunday mornin' here. :eek: :cry:

:( those poor families......:cry:

NASA has scheduled a news conference in just a few short moments (11:30 am EST)

source;
    http://www.msnbc.com/news/857733.asp?0cv=CA00

Get to the tv's now!

FURTHER UPDATE;
    Conference delayed - briefing is to take place at this time.
    The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Yeah there's very little info over here from the 6 major international news broadcasters but a hell of a lot of speculation with that latest video just loopin' over and over. By the time most ppl over hear wake up maybe something more will be learned but I very much think that it will all remain just speculation even in the end. :(

Damn not long found out that I can't put a news post up. :cry:

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information