Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Computer show was in town =)

If you saw my Frankenstein case (i dont think it actually clasified as a case, more like a piece of wood w/ comp. parts on it), you understand that i needed a case. After getting into some money, i knew that i had to get one.
    I bought the 30dollar special. Nothing fancy, but really usefull.
    It has 2 in fans, and 2 out. as well as one on the side. Perfect for me. Than i decided that I will probably build another system so might as well get 2. 55 out the door. COOOOOL!!
    Sure they came w/ BS power supply, but i already had one that is good, so no need for that one. It might have a life in the future project.
    When i got home i found that the case has a removable mobo tray! not bad for a $30 special!

I also got some cool 40mm fans for my newly aquired 16port 100/10 hub, that replaced the old 10mbs hub. All is well.

On my way out i found some black IBM keyboards 4 for $10
    I couldnt refuse myself.

All in all, a good day, but getting that crap back to the car was a b!tch!

Next time i'm bringing reinforcements as I saw some pretty kick ass 21" for 150!!!
    Damn i need a job! and soon!

Yes, a job would be good. :D

I wish that my town was large enough to have computer shows come in. The closest thing we get to that is some folks who do the liquidation sales. They will sometimes have computers (the whole thing; not parts) and they tend to suck pretty much.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

The good thing in living near a major city is that there is always something going on, but trust me, roads around here suck! Its like driving on a gravel! Holes and bumps. Maybe someday Chicago will have roads like Atlanta. Than I would be happy.

I've done the Chicago thing and it isn't all that bad. I grew up in the central part of the state and had kin from Joliet and a Grandmother from Oak Lawn, so I've been there.

One thing I notice, however, is that a lot of folks drive beat up pieces of garbage in the city and then drive nice cars when they're away. I imagine it saves a lot on insurance costs. :)
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Chicago streets arent the most friendliest to cars bodies, so everyone in the city drives junks. But the suburbs have huge parking lots and the people have $$ so they drive nice cars. and if they work in the city, they take the train, that way the nice cars stay nice. :D

P.S. Its was my 2nd show that i went to that no-one knew what Arctic Silver 3 was. Only one guy had the red-cap off brand crap.
    I guess I will have to order it online. Which is kinda hard after spending all my $$ on shows and crusin' the ForSale froums and ebay.
    But on a good note, I should get me a DigiDoc5 (black) next week.
    I cant wait!!! :bounce: :bounce: : party ha :bounce:

Thread Information