Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Poll: Who Lives Where

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Who lives Where?

Quote Originally Posted by Beefy
    Field Hockey - yes... Ice Hockey, hell no...

........you can play Hockey on a field? - doesn't that make it hard to skate?...

Yes very hard indead thasts why we run instead. Its very popular over here. And i still stand by my opinion the the U.K rules becuz i live there.:laugh:
    What the fcuk happened to my sig?

there is some field hockey over here.....it seems to be dying out rapidly though-

My wife's high school team won the provincial championship's (16 years ago)...she's got a few field hockey sticks hid away in the basement. It's always been more popular as a women's sport in Canada, at least for as long as I can remember.

Yes it is more a womens sport i think. Ice hockeys more my sport as i can rugby tackle people. Rugby is the ultimate sport in the world and england are going to walk over italy this weekend just like they have done to every other team in the worls. And is there a canadien rugby team:?: must be pretty crap if there is one as it aint in any major tounrament.:laugh:

Rugby is growing in popularity both as a men's and a women's sport (beleive it or not)in Canada...I'm sure there is a men's national team somewhere - and I'm positive they do suck. It's quite common at the high school level now - although not when I was there.

Canada has our own verison of football - very similar to American rules (with the big helmets and shoulder pads)..it's by far my favourite sport - In fact I played for 11 years, including 2 semi-pro.

In my last year we played a team from the UK as an exhibition - trust me they were equally as bad at football as most Canadians are at rugby:D
    It's not that they were bad athletes - they just didn't seem to understand some of the concepts behind the game - probably lack of exposure to it....I think the same is true of rugby and cricket in Canada

Yer i know we have a womens team on the island:eek:
    And yes i'm sure we would suck at american and canadien football as there are no teams that we know off. Still don't understand why u need so many big bads???:?: We were less and its just as physical. plus they were long sleeves and trousers in america!!!! its mainly hot!!! we were shorts when its pissing it down and 2C!!!!

Pads in football is one of those things you don't understand unless you've played...the contact is not the same in any other sport that I've played...and I've played quite a bit of hockey and lacrosse. try to think of it this way - go find a brick wall & back up about 20 yards - then sprint as fast as you can and hit it without slowing down - stings a bit without a helmet

I've had a couple of injuries even with the pads - including concussions - I can only imagine what kind of shape I would have been in without them.

I have to say all these years in the scrums have done some strange things to my body. My shoulders click when i role them now:laugh: And i've had lots of injuries like that as well. Those big pads would help a lot in rugby.But U aint seen a tackle like a rugby tackle.:D I'm off to bed now but i'll reply to any more posts tommorow:zzz:

So if I got this right, you can fall to peaces at anytime! Rough game that rugby... :D :D

Yep bloody great sport. So wot do u play tomi??????

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread Information