Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: War in Iraq in 48 hours

Darthtanion

I too follow current events. You have developed a different opinion from them than I have (as is your right). Here is how I see some of the current (and past events).

1. We didn't take out Sadaam before, not because of political intervention, but it was understood beforehand that the only way to form a coalition was to abide by other countries wishes to stop at forcing Sadaam out of Kuait.

2. The idea of presenting to the world that first-strike and pre-emptive war is OK is appalling to me. What if everybody does it?

3. Every attempt by Bush & Co. to tie 9/11 to Iraq has been a lie. And when it is pointed out, they abandon that one and just fabricate another. I have yet to hear a valid reason based on truth. You'd think that if this was such a righteous war the truth alone would be compelling. When you have to lie to justify your actions, there is usually a hidden agenda.

4. If the U.N. resolutions are beeing violated, let the U.N. take further action. Many times in the past countries have violated U.N. resolutions and we have done nothing.

5. N. Korea is a far greater threat in the area of WMD than Iraq. Will we go to war with them next? I doubt it because they actually do pose a threat us. They also didn't try to kill Bush's daddy.

6. The very idea very idea that the rest of the world is"Chamberlin-ish" but we know better should give one pause.

I could probably write 10 pages about why I think this war is a stupid idea, but I doubt it would stop the war, so I guess, what's the point. The only person that I would want to change his opinion is Bush and that is not going to happen.

We owe the UN exactly squat.
    Who's been footing the bill anyway?

President Bush should give them 48 hours to leave!

Round them all up and put them in a cage in Cuba for being subversives if they don't hustle on home.

New York is always looking for another landfill anyway - Iraq should hold a bit of garbage - been run by garbage for years:laugh:
    The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

i wish they'd just get it overwith... all these "new" colors to our nations alert system are startin to make meh se3 **** this lil "i bet u won't cross this line" game is getting OLD... somebody needs to be killed :group: :barf:

Beefy Guest

Just one question: What right has GW got to order Saddam and his family out of a foreign country? Perhaps if he had UN backing, but no...

It won't be foreign if it's turned into glass made by the US. :laugh:

Since I am living in Europe, I should be against the war.
    But I am glad to say that I support the US in this matter.
    The way Bush is handling it however is not that great.
    But he is right when he states that Saddam must go.
    He has been playing the UN for more than 10 years, and now
    his time is up. He knows that the UN will never commit to war
    against Irak unless he attacks first.
    If the UN wants te keep some of their credibilty they should support this war. Perhaps the war could have been avoided
    if they kept the pressure on Saddam during the 90's. But as Bush said; the time for talking is over. Now Iraqi people will have to pay the price for the stupidity of their leader.
    Let's just hope that the US can smash the regime before they have time to launch their scuds. If they can do that AND keep the civilian casualties to a minimum AND capture/kill Saddam, then they have earned the respect and gratitude of the entire world.
    The world should have learned something from WWII. You shouldn't wait for Saddam to place the first blow. With the weapens he (probably) has available, the number of casualties would be staggering.

North Korea probably thinks the same of the UN as Saddam does.
    Perhaps they, and other nations, will learn from this that they shouldn't count on the UN to restrain the US and the UK.
    If this war will make them decide to stop their programs regarding weapons of mass destruction, that would be a good thing for world peace

: peace: :group:
    "Make FPS, not war"

What it comes down to is something really simple.

If Saddam Hussein and his "brothers" are not taken out of power now, many people will die because of it in the future - he has proven in the past he cannot be trusted.

Sure, it's going to be hard to avoid killing innocent Iraq civilians in this war but it's a necessary evil. If this doesn't happen more people will be killed than this in the future.

No winners really.
    Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
    Managing Director
    Tweak Town Pty Ltd

yup yup i agree too! bomb iraq
    kill saddam
    they are DIRECT threat to USA.
    make your military bases there.
    then make plans...for what you ask...oh u r so dumb
    to bomb N.Korea ofcourse!!!!!
    after that bomb Russia!!!!!!!
    then bomb China!!!!!!!!!!
    bomb every country other than USA and UK or anyone who says that don't bomb any country! they all are DIRECT threats to USA, they all have Weapons of Mass Destruction!
    Every country has WMD except USA. Ofcourse they are from the peacful lot!
    I don't understand one thing. If USA wanted to bomb Iraq in anycase why did they present the resolution in UN. Oops, i forgot! To keep the sanctity of UN ofcourse, sille me. After all they take care about everything!

Talk about Iraq giving help to terrorists. Look whose talking :laugh:
    I'll give you a few hints about that terrorist thing. Think about breaking of USSR. Remember something? If you don't then don't talk about giving shelter to terrorists, just go out there and bomb Iraq and then keep bombing everyone cos they all are threats to USA!
    Latest Microsoft Security Updates.
    Last Updated:
    10th MARCH

If you are a security freak: Use Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (NT/2000/XP/2003)
    ======================
    jabber : asklepios20@jabber.org
    =======================
    Linux user since: April 24, 2003 312478
    yabaa dabaa doo...
    Customized for 1024x768

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Tweak
    What it comes down to is something really simple.

If Saddam Hussein and his "brothers" are not taken out of power now, many people will die because of it in the future - he has proven in the past he cannot be trusted.

Sure, it's going to be hard to avoid killing innocent Iraq civilians in this war but it's a necessary evil. If this doesn't happen more people will be killed than this in the future.

No winners really.
    Why is it that only USA thinks about whole of the world!
    Only GW Bush has brains and the countries opposing the war are a**holes?
    Latest Microsoft Security Updates.
    Last Updated:
    10th MARCH

If you are a security freak: Use Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (NT/2000/XP/2003)
    ======================
    jabber : asklepios20@jabber.org
    =======================
    Linux user since: April 24, 2003 312478
    yabaa dabaa doo...
    Customized for 1024x768

Quote Originally Posted by asklepios
    Why is it that only USA thinks about whole of the world!
    Only GW Bush has brains and the countries opposing the war are a**holes?
    Australia is not just sitting back here watching the show my friend.
    Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
    Managing Director
    Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread Information