Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: War in Iraq in 48 hours

Only GW Bush has brains and the countries opposing the war are a**holes?
    By that statement i meant that has anyone ever tried to know or understand for that matter that why some countries are opposing the war or USA?
    Does USA feel that decisions in their favour are all coming from people with sense while the ones who are opposing are just creeps and should be given a place in graveyard that will be made in Iraq?
    I wonder how much of that support they are getting was bought!
    Latest Microsoft Security Updates.
    Last Updated:
    10th MARCH

If you are a security freak: Use Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (NT/2000/XP/2003)
    ======================
    jabber : asklepios20@jabber.org
    =======================
    Linux user since: April 24, 2003 312478
    yabaa dabaa doo...
    Customized for 1024x768

This whole thing is just so, so sad.

I am not following GW blindly but I do agree we can't let Saddam continue to play the UN as he builds up further aggressive weapons and programs. He's like a bully caught on the schoolyard punching other kids.

The UN tells him to stop ...so he just makes sure he doesn't get caught tripping little Bobby.

We have waited 12 years for him to disarm. That's a pretty resonable amount of time to be patient. It's also enough time for him to develop mobile weapons groups. Ones that move about and can hide from detection.

I think it's time to clean this threat up even though I have family members in harms way if he does.

My real fear is that the war will not be in Iraq but hidden in the heart of other lands. 12 years is a long time and how many little groups does Saddam have with microbes at hand outside of his country.

Anyone else been watching this un-named, un-treatable, un-identifiable respiratory illness that is spreading around the world?

I hope it's a freak of nature and not something made in a lab.

Asklepios,

I have read an interview with the French President... his reasons for not supporting the war IMHO just don't hold water....

He stated that he feels the UN pressures have forced Saddam to BEGIN a clean up and that in a few MONTHS the WMD would be cleaned out... but Saddam hasn't acted in 12 years .... until now....and even now he drags his feet.

Are you willing to bet the farm that he will kindly disarm just because the UN tells him to? You don't think he will just draw the process out another 12 yrs???

A leopard does not change it's spots overnight my friend...

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Tweak
    Australia is not just sitting back here watching the show my friend.
    I see that the Aussies are in there with us and I want to sent-out a big, hearty THANKS! It's a bad situation, but we appreciate your support.

Saw the War Protest slogan painted on the Sydney Opera Hall. Very gutsy.

The US press has not fully publicised Australia's involvement I am sorry to say.

: peace:
    :-(

The UN should have made a resolution several years ago in which they would set a deadline after which they would commit to military action. Instead they came up with economic sanctions, which only hurt the Iraqi people and Saddam isn't bothered (big surprise). The French did their best to sabotage the weapon inspections and now they want them to continu. The French don't seem to be very trustworthy. (see also WWII)
    Offcourse the USA is no saint and the've got a "We are the Best **** the rest" attitude, but they got every right. Because everytime there is trouble in the world, it is up to the USA to sort it out. A very good example is Bosnia. There was a war going on and what brilliant plan did Europe come up with? We set up save havens for the people.
    And when the serv's (how do you spell that:confused: show up at the doorstep they gave up the enclave without a fight. At that time I felt ashamed for being Dutch. Later I found out that Dutchbat requested armor and air support to face the enemy. IT WAS DENIED!!! We al now the result: thousands of innocent people killed.
    Only when the American jets showed up did the war come to an end.
    So I say GO USA :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
    "Make FPS, not war"

Quote Originally Posted by G Smith
    Asklepios,

I have read an interview with the French President... his reasons for not supporting the war IMHO just don't hold water....

He stated that he feels the UN pressures have forced Saddam to BEGIN a clean up and that in a few MONTHS the WMD would be cleaned out... but Saddam hasn't acted in 12 years .... until now....and even now he drags his feet.

Are you willing to bet the farm that he will kindly disarm just because the UN tells him to? You don't think he will just draw the process out another 12 yrs???

A leopard does not change it's spots overnight my friend...
    alright!!! cheers every one! now i agree with all of you!
    bomb iraq and get rid of terrorism, WMD and every other threat that poses to mighty and very helpful (quote: Nosferatu) USA!
    but i have a suggestion then! f*ck UN, dissolve this impotent organisation that can't do anything except drag things for more than 12 years! accept US as the big bro. make every international matter to be resolved in White House and Pentagon cos UN simply can't do anything.
    security council sucks! we don't need UN...hail US. war war war!
    after all he who has the power rules the world, isn't it?
    i simply don't understand that if saddam sucks so much then why in this world is any opposition to this bombing going on? may be we should bomb all those opposers too! thats a good idea. after all how in this world can anyone oppose US. it should be declared an international crime!

and i m very sorry G Smith, but that bully in school thing was so so lame! if saddam is acting like a bully beating little bobby, then what is US doing? trying to prove that he is a bigger bully? if saddam didn't listen to UN then is US listening to UN? btw which little bobby did saddam trip after gulf war? he made WMD and killed...? fill that blank for me please!

i can see lots of eyebrows raising and people might be thinking "this f*cking guy has got to be a relative of Laden" but guys killing innocent people can't be defended in anyways and why does it have to be US all the time? why does US have to be upfront with "we are going to bomb" thingy? i feel thats much more bullish then anything in this world.
    : peace2:
    Last Updated:
    10th MARCH

If you are a security freak: Use Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (NT/2000/XP/2003)
    ======================
    =======================
    yabaa dabaa doo...
    Customized for 1024x768

bigjackusa,
    Now you see why I try to keep to the sidelines concerning topics like this, but sometimes a line just has to be drawn.

You made a statement indicating that political intervention was not a factor in removing the Iraqi leader the last time. I beg to differ with you on this point. I can tell you that Saddam was in the sights of our Marine snipers during Desert Storm. It was this non-existent political intervention that allows him to be breathing to this day. He was bought and paid for but orders from the executive branch of the government told our troops to hold off. Too bad as it is entirely likely that we wouldn't be in this situation today if we had been allowed to take care of business the first time around.

Also, you mentioned that we should let the UN take further action if these sanctions were not abided by. That is truly hilarious. The UN is nothing more than a bunch of politicians who are afraid to act! To allow them to try to get things straightened out would be akin to letting a starving dog guard your food pantry. Iraq has consistently gone against these sanctions with no regard for the consequence because he knows that the UN doesn't have the balls to actually follow through with punitive action. Fortunately we have a President who does have the balls to do something about it.

I've gone on too long again it seems, so I'll close and try not to continue with this topic. It goes without saying that I have strong opinions regarding it, and I do try to stay out of the political discussions for the most part.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Hello Asklepios (BTW what does that stand for?)
    I agree with you that it is always the US to be all pro-war.
    On the other hand; somebody has to be. The UN tries to solve things without a fight. Of course that is the best solution. But let me ask you the following: if you have a child which does not listen to a thing you say and keeps on using your new PC as a toilet. What do you do? You warn him. he still doesn't listen. You warn him again but with a threat of, let's say, straight to bed after dinner. When he still stands up to you what do you do?
    You send him straight to bed after dinner. Why? Not because you like to punish him, but he must learn that if he ignores the rules he will have to face the consequences.
    If you were ruler of the world for 1 day, how would you solve the situation with Saddam?
    "Make FPS, not war"

Darthtanion

Why not stay involved in the discussion? I agree that political discussions can be tough, but sometimes all kinds of little pieces of truth fall out of them.
    Do you remember the 3 star Air Force general that got canned right before we attacked last time? The one that answered a question at a press conference with ""Of course Sadaam is a legitimate military target!". Bush senior was all over that explaining that that wasn't true. He had already made the deal with the coalition to persue limited objectives.
    My objection to references to the U.N. is the way Bush uses it in his arguments all of the time. He says in one breath that contries need to do as the U.N. says to do, and in the next breath says we're going to start a war whether the U.N. says we shouldn't or not. He keeps asking the U.N. to give him the moral high ground and they refuse. You can't say that if you disobey the U.N. your're a bad guy but when I do it I'm the good guy!
    Sadaam's military ambitions have been contained for 12 years. I believe containment is a viable option to war. We contained the Soviets for nearly a half century and I think that was a wise choice over war. Stalin was far worse than Sadaam could ever hope to be and we held him back till he died.

Hello Nosferatu
    (Asklepios is name of greek god of medicine)
    well about child thing. well i agree with you that if the child is not listening you got to get strict but do you think this a child thing here?

i mean u r not scolding ur own child here. you are trying to kick your neighbour's kid in balls and whats the reason behind it? he has a stone in his hand that can hurt your car! lots of other people are there in your neighbourhood but they are not saying anything, its just you and sole you who wants to kick him and teach the SOB a lesson.
    let me get my point straight. if US wants to do all this stuff then kick UN out and dissolve this institution. it doesn't deserve such a high profile cos its useless.
    if i m the ruler of this WORLD for one day then i would certainly do something about saddam, but what are you trying to prove by that statement? that US is the ruler of this world? yeah may be you are right! US is the ruler, cos it has maximum number of WMD then anyone else has in this world!
    thats why i will say...hail US for war and f*ck UN cos its of no use and its a stone in US' path to be officially crowned as ruler.

now i will ask you one thing. if US wakes up tomorrow and says that it is the ruler of the earth, who can hold US by collar and say "Hey pal. Wait a sec here, you are wrong!"? no one buddy, no one can do so! it boils down to BALLS. isn't it darthtanion?

guys i think i have got enough of notoriety and i might lose some people whom i think as friends in TT (don't get mad at me darth :(). so now you know my views abt this whole scenario and thats my :2cents:
    i won't be saying anything else in here : peace2:
    Last Updated:
    10th MARCH

======================
    =======================
    yabaa dabaa doo...
    Customized for 1024x768

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread Information