Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: War in Iraq in 48 hours

Mr. C

And as for, "the whole point of that." --- putting people in power hasn't exactly become a fine art in the recent years.
    While I agree in principle your stance on Bush's election(appointment) to the White House, my point is that the Iraqi people have not asked us to give them a new government, let alone one approved by Bush. If memory serves me right, Hungary was the last time the general population of a country asked us to help them put a new government in place and we really screwed the pooch on that one. I don't think Bush has any right to remove the government of a sovern nation by force of arms on the basis of what that government might do in the future. Besides, with Bush's piss-poor record of running the government here, I can only imagine how much he'll bolix it up with a country whose needs, costoms, and traditions he has no understanding of at all.

Quote Originally Posted by smokin_pc

and also, what i dont get is, why are USa saying that IRAQ shouldnt have the bombs and that US should distroy it, while the US has like the most amount of bombs and other wepons in the world, and only they can use it. Are USA super human beings? and that they ar incharge of our world?? This war isnt fair.

I hope this will end ASAP
    They shouldnt have those bombs because Saddam is a threat and he has no commmon sense, and he is a threat to us and the world

Yes Saddam has been ridin' the blood of his own ppl since he's been in power (much longer than the 12yrs of sanctions) and the Iraq ppl can't do nothin' or Suddam will just kill them like he has countless thousands of others before. No, enough is enough and this madness has gone on for far too long, thus must be brought to an end quickly, thoroughly and forever.

Hey smokeymcpot......Do Canada have a damn army to join in with in the first place:confused: :confused:
    What the fcuk happened to my sig?

amd_man2003
    They shouldnt have those bombs because Saddam is a threat and he has no commmon sense, and he is a threat to us and the world
    The very same reasons you stated above are why Bush shouldn't be allowed to play with bombs either.

I'm not happy about the war either, but.....
    How else do we go about dis-arming a country with WMD when they have ignored the UN for so many years already?

As far as I'm concerned Saddam is sitting back LHAO at all of us as he has been getting away with it for so long already.

I hear everyone saying what the US is doing is wrong, but I'm not hearing how else we're supposed to deal with this matter, do we just keep letting him build these weapons and not give two hoots until he starts using these weapons when and where he pleases?

Cause, by then I think it will be too late to take action, Don't you?

If I heard a solution from any of you that was convincing, then maybe I might change my mind.

Yes, I think it is sad that people have to die, but either way they will. Whether it be from a war, or from Saddam using his weapons of mass destruction, or from terrorist attacks, there will still be blood on someone's hands.

I've always wondered why the Iraq ppl follow and support him the way they do, but the answer is, if they don't support him and speak out they are shot/torchered. Or he cuts of the oil supplies so these ppl starve. I don't think they have much choice as the military power is just too strong to fight.

I really don't think this war will be the end of it, but I don think it's a start to solving the situation as it will make them sit back and think, and heeds a warning to any other country that is building these types of weapons.

To the people that don't support this war, tell me how else you think we should deal with the present situation?

If the U.S. feels that we have to start a war with every s.o.b. that has WMD then there is a long list of wars to be fought soon.
    Vigilance and containment work and are a viable alternative to war.

That hasn't worked yet so why flog a dead horse any longer? :?:

Sorry but they've tried the lot over the years which have all failed and the extreme course is now the only answer that will provide an end. :hammer:

It doesn't seem to me that vigilance is working somehow. They're still building them. They're still attacking inocent people when ever they feel like it.

Besides, this have festered more so since the incedences of Sept 11 and the Bali bombings don't you think?

I believe that Saddam and Bin Laden are in ca-hoots, don't you?

After Sept 11 there was a bounty put on Bin Laden's head, Saddam didn't hand him over, don't you think he would have known where he was, doesn't that tell you that they're working together. To me that says that Saddam supported these types of attacks.

After both of these incidents nothing was done, I guess the Governments finally realised it was time to stand up to these animals and say enough is enough.

I know this war goes back many years, way beyond these attacks. But do we sit back and just keep letting it happen, again, and again and again?

Sadaam and Bin Laden have diametrically opposing views of the correct world order. They do not share any goals. Bin Laden thinks Sadaam is about as bad as the U.S.. Sadaam knows that he could not be a ruler under Bin Laden's vision of Islamic government. So I really doubt that that they are working together. I don't think that Iraq had anything to do with 9/11. Every connection that Bush and company tried to present fell apart as soon as it was scrutinized. Some of the stuff was so pathetic that if I didn't have so much contampt for him, I might have felt embarrassed for Bush.
    Sadaam tried invading a neighbor country 12 years ago and got his ass kicked for doing it. The world has had its eye on him ever since and he hasn't tried it again. I think he can be held back for another 12 years, or 24, or whatever.
    Remember that the inspectors said that they weren't done looking even though they hadn't really found anything yet. They were prepared to continue following a peaceful solution.
    I'm not anti-war per se. I believe there are times when a just war is the lesser of evils and must be fought. I just think this one stinks because of all of the lies that have been told to justify it.

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread Information