Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: War in Iraq in 48 hours

Last night I saw a discussion on TV which confirmed (to me anyway) that the war should be fought now and not be delayed.
    There is no absolute guarantee that Saddam has WMD. I think most people will agree on that. Most of the people will also agree that Saddam WILL use them if he has them and feels threatened.
    Suppose the US waits another 10 years before acting. By then Saddam will have those WMD. They can send as much weapon inspectors as they want, but Iraq is a big ass country where they can easily hide their production sites.
    So in 2013 Irag has WMD and the UN decides Saddam must go.
    But then the can't attack because Saddam will use his WMD.
    Hello Cold War II.
    "Make FPS, not war"

Quote Originally Posted by G Smith
    This is an open discussion about a political issue....we are all free to exchange our opinion here, and I for one will not consider less of anyone who does not agree with me.....

Open discussion is a good thing.
    Absolutely!
    It's about having a voice. It's an emotional issue, no doubt about it. We all have the right to be heard, vent and discuss.

I've agreed to disagree before in this forum.
    Be assured I don't keep score/hold grudges.

Any and all attempts to "show me the light" are truly appreciated. I hate to admit it, but fact is, I don't know everything:o

OK, that last line is a real shocker --- regroup, reconsider, reply
    The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. C
    What does all this U.S.S.R stuff have to do with anything?
    Don't you realize that was a mutually beneficial situation - we got to develop arms pell mell with no second thought to morality or budget.

Man, those were the days!

The UN is a lame duck -- when was the last time a "definitive" action was taken by a commitee? The Oscars perhaps!

Nope, the world always looks to the US to bail them out when times get tough, war or natural phenomenon everyone wants ol' Uncle Sam to come a runnin' and pour buckets of money on it.

Well, we been pouring buckets of money into the UN for 50 years, and we're not getting much return on our investment lately.

In the house where I grew up, daddy paid the bills -- daddy made the rules.

What kind'a house were you raised in?

Cause daddy may be layin' down the law here right soon.

Chill folks -- freedom of speech is a good thing.
    I can cope with the necessity of innocent civilians getting creamed in a conflict - stuff happens, sad, but that's how it has always been.

But start losing friends in the forum -- now that is a bit harsh
    lol what if we should mention all the bad stuff us have done to.. ;)
    People suffering, huge amounts of money to clean up.. phew..

:cheers:

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. C
    Absolutely!
    It's about having a voice. It's an emotional issue, no doubt about it. We all have the right to be heard, vent and discuss.

I've agreed to disagree before in this forum.
    Be assured I don't keep score/hold grudges.

Any and all attempts to "show me the light" are truly appreciated. I hate to admit it, but fact is, I don't know everything:o

OK, that last line is a real shocker --- regroup, reconsider, reply
    Thanx Mr. C. I think i will plunge into this pool then!
    Alright guys, who says Saddam has WMD. Get us some proofs! Come on, lets know something out here!
    US wanted saddam to destroy Mustard Gas and missiles with range of 150Kms!!!!!!!!!! yeah read that, 150Kms! Any reports that WMD's will be there in Iraq? I never read one, but then as Nosferatu said they might have them in 2013. Yup fair enough. Bomb all the countries that might hold power in future!

now think about the countries that have real WMD's and i will point out to the countries in vicinity of Iraq only.

Russia --> Inter-Continental Missiles
    China --> Inter-Continental Missiles
    N. Korea --> Inter-Continental Missiles
    India --> Missiles ranging between 2200-2500Kms (May announce inter-continental missiles anytime)
    Pakistan --> Missiles with range above 2000Kms

What will be next step of US? Bomb all those countries? Nope US won't do that, cos it doesn't want anything from them!
    Lets face another truth. US has not recieved even a single oil boaring tender from Iraq for last 11 Years!!!! Iraq holds 2/3rd of all crude oil and natural gas wells in this world! 80% of the boaring contracts have been disributed to France, Russia and India. Doesn't sound good right? Iraq is the only country that would never listen to US **** cos they give a damn to US.

Bin Laden and Iraq? I can laugh to death over that thought! CIA knows that Laden is not in Iraq rather is running around from Saudi Arabia to UAE to Pakistan but they need something to validate the reason behind bombing iraq and there it is. Its the most touchy topic right now in US. Talk about it and every one would want a war!

WS you talk about situation. Tell me which situation are you talking about? Is there any situation? WMD? Laden? Everything that bush put in front as a reason for war proves out to be a f*cking fluke! When Saddam wanted an open debate, Bush was found crouching for shelter as he cdn't stand the counter questions that he would have been facing at that time and neglected all that saying that there is no issue to debate about! Listen to a National Leader...there is no issue to debate about? We people who are not related to Bush or Saddam are debating about it all but there is nothing for Mr. Bush to debate about.

Is Saddam the only military leader in this world? If you think so then get real in current affairs. I won't name any country but read around and you would come to know that one of those military rulers just modified their constitution so that he can remain as president, but you know what US has done as a reaction? They gave that country a grant of $35 million. Why? cos it helped US in bombing Afghanistan!

Bali bombing huh? You know that much only? Ever read about the Colombo Airport blasts? A packed Boeing-747 was blown away when it was about to take off! It didn't only kill almost everyone (severly injured 13 survivors, i guess) in the flight but also hit Airport quite hard? What did US do? They told Sri-Lanka to keep the peace path going and talk it over with LTTE! Talk about double standards.

Mr. C, yeah i lived in a house where daddy paid bills and daddy made rules. But i didn't have two daddy in my home, one for paying bills and other for so-called solving the matters! I would say accept US as the only daddy and kill the other daddy, The UN!

Guys, not everything is wrong on Saddam's side and everything is not right on US side and war is surely not the way to go!
    Latest Microsoft Security Updates.
    Last Updated:
    10th MARCH

If you are a security freak: Use Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (NT/2000/XP/2003)
    ======================
    jabber : asklepios20@jabber.org
    =======================
    Linux user since: April 24, 2003 312478
    yabaa dabaa doo...
    Customized for 1024x768

Lets face it asklepios. altough what you say is pretty much right while those countries have those weapons there unlickly to use them. Sadam is a crazy mother biatch and would gladly set a few off. so i say Go USA and Britain. Come on guys back us up:thumb:
    What the fcuk happened to my sig?

Nice to see that you know about mental health of the leaders of all those countries compared to Saddam!
    Cheers :cheers: !
    I am very happy for you that you know so much!
    Last Updated:
    10th MARCH

If you are a security freak: Use Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (NT/2000/XP/2003)
    ======================
    =======================
    yabaa dabaa doo...
    Customized for 1024x768

Firstly - welcome back to the fray!
    You know you wanted to be here, why hold back?

I do have to concede on the matter of proof.
    Seems to me there hasn't been much concrete evidence given now has there:?:
    It appears that the over-stipulated-allowable range missiles is truly the only violation that possibly could be presented.

(or is this satelite recon a bit too much for us to handle you suppose:?: )
    OK, I admit - I'm not qualified to judge such a thing for myself as it requires a lot of specialized training to analyze such things.
    I'd still like to look at them though -- hec, I helped pay for it didn't I.

True, Colin Powell did make some heavy accusations, with some nice graphics -- but that isn't exactly proof now is it.
    LOL, there are people here who can do graphics at least as well.

I do believe that a better presentation of evidence would certainly have been in order.
    The burden of proof is squarely on the shoulders of the USA.
    The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

The thing is, there is no proof of the necessity to go to war. Bush and co. have even suggested that there are things that can't be made public because of national security (the "just trust me" ploy). If there were really any valid reasons you would think that they would have been shared with the trusted leaders of allied nations that Bush has desparatly sought to sway to his objectives. The German Chancellor said he could not back Bush in his call to war not because he disbelieved the evidence Bush gave him, but that Bush gave him NO evidence of the necessity for war. None, zip, nada! We've trusted Germany with inteligence sharing for some time. Bush really wants German support. You would certainly think that if he had anything real, he would have presented it. If you consider nothing else you should still have to wonder how right this war can be if Bush has to resort to bribery and threats to try to get foreign leaders to back him and fabrications to convince the general public. My only conclusion is that Bush has an alternate agenda that he won't disclose and must create FUD to garner support.

Thanx for that welcome Mr. C.
    I wanted to be here but i was trying to refrain only because i didn't want to make people angry, especially the ones whom i like! (including you)

well about the missile range being violated, the 150Kms is nothing! Its absolutely nothing compared to what all those countries that I mention already have!
    I feel that no one will challenge Russia, China and N.Korea holding ICBM's but the only doubt would come when the topic comes to Pakistan and India. To just get you all over with that doubt here are pages from
    Defence India and Federation of American Scientists .
    Now why won't US hold anything against them? I simply don't understand. You are right and US have got to give some solid proof against Iraq or Saddam for that matter, before they do anything! But then, who have got the strength to ask them?
    Last Updated:
    10th MARCH

======================
    =======================
    yabaa dabaa doo...
    Customized for 1024x768

Go ahead and shake things up asklepios -- keeps the folks awake so they won't miss any meals:laugh:

bigjackusa - bribery and threats are long standing traditions in world politics, plenty goes on at the local level too if you read the papers.

I don't see any proof of anything by anyone.
    Iraq hasn't showed us any serious disarmament.
    Seems to be accepted fact worldwide that they have armament. No one has ever argued that the UN resolutions were unwarranted.

No one else has offered proof positive of just exactly what Iraq is hiding.

Don't concern yourself with Russia, they are willing at this point to appease any who have some spare change to prop them up with.

China's weapons are rather inconsequential.
    They have a population capable of overwhelming most countries using nothing more than sticks.

North Korea -- interesting, keep an eye out, we'll do that thread someday.

India and Pakistan -- kind of balancing each other ATM.
    Might turn into the US vs USSR arms race for those 2:?:

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread Information