Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: War in Iraq in 48 hours

*we both are doing almost the same thing Mr. C, ruffle up the things ;)*

now we are talking sense Mr. C
    now we are talking as though it is coming straight from the mind of Bush!
    bomb only those countries that have something to offer. The meatier opponents. isn't it?
    nice!
    i feel that this is the real scenario and you are talking exactly the way it should be presented to this world so that they can understand whats going on!
    buy support either by bribe or threat, just do what you want and give a damn to everyone else and you are exactly right! we will be having another thread about N.Korea in at the max 6 months and all those who are supporting this war right now will be hopping again, supporting that war too with fluke reasons given by Mr. Bush! may be N.Korea stole Bush's pretzels, now thats a crime!

*btw Mr. C, do you know telepathy? cos you are talking more or less from bush's mind. atleast thats what i think!*:laugh:
    Latest Microsoft Security Updates.
    Last Updated:
    10th MARCH

If you are a security freak: Use Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (NT/2000/XP/2003)
    ======================
    jabber : asklepios20@jabber.org
    =======================
    Linux user since: April 24, 2003 312478
    yabaa dabaa doo...
    Customized for 1024x768

Reading the mind of a politician is no feat -- finding it would be the challenge

On the point of not caring for replacing the current ruler --- taken a look at American history?
    That's how we got here, ain't it!

North Korea is a whole different ball game - keep in mind, we've had a sizable force placed there for generations.
    There is much that goes on there that you and I don't hear about, I found out a lot of goodies while I was in the service that the TV news just doesn't report.
    No sir, that is going to be quite a thread I reckon.
    I'm in no particular hurry to get there though.
    The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. C
    On the point of not caring for replacing the current ruler --- taken a look at American history?
    That's how we got here, ain't it!

Were you forced to do that? I guess no!

Anyways, You might be thinking that N.Korea thread will be quite a good one, then be it. But i still feel that people who are supporting the war right now will have unchanged views, especially the people who come in just to say "go US go...kil 'em!"
    BTW having sizable forces there won't change anything, except that this time US will have to pay to lesser number of countries to allow them to make bases at their place!
    I agree with you that sizable number of thoughts are usually filtered by News Channels just to make the programmes more sensational for the local public and thats why threads like these reveal all the facts and myths people are living in!

I m in no hurry for N.Korea thread either but i certainly feel that we will be there in no time.

*that mind of a politician thing was a good one :rofl:*
    Latest Microsoft Security Updates.
    Last Updated:
    10th MARCH

If you are a security freak: Use Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (NT/2000/XP/2003)
    ======================
    jabber : asklepios20@jabber.org
    =======================
    Linux user since: April 24, 2003 312478
    yabaa dabaa doo...
    Customized for 1024x768

I dont want to toalk much anout n.korea in this thread, but i see tham as dumb enough to take advantage of us fighting Iraq and bomb S.korea or japan. Of course if they did, that could spark us having to fight them too, so lets hope this war is over very quickly

Here comes World War 3.....The war were we all get nuked
    What the fcuk happened to my sig?

Quote Originally Posted by rugbydude
    Here comes World War 3.....The war were we all get nuked
    could be, but i hope not

Quote Originally Posted by bigjackusa
    If the U.S. feels that we have to start a war with every s.o.b. that has WMD then there is a long list of wars to be fought soon.
    Vigilance and containment work and are a viable alternative to war.
    Forgive my lateness in this thread, if you read all this you might understand (at the end) why I'm not around so much lately.

I guess I'll breathe some air into this discussion. One part from an objective point of view, and one of a soldier's point of view. I hold Darthtanion's view on involvement in these discussions. I'm pretty set in my ways so arguing (or water it down and call it discussing) until I'm blue in the face won't accomplish anything.

The US does not start wars with every s.o.b. that has WMD's. Take a moment to think of the number of countries that have WMD's. Certainly every major developed country has a few packed away in a missile silo. We do, however wish to remove WMD or NBC (Nuclear/Biological/Chemical) attack capability from countries that have displayed completely irrational or irresponsible actions. If you'd like me to point out a few things, take September 11th, Bali, the oil fires, or use of chemical/biological weapons on citizens for example.

I've been watching the news, and other sources for a long time. Talk is cheap.. that's so very apparent it's nearly painful. Sanction this, that, the other. We see it has done next to nothing in the name of progress. As for anyone saying we're attacking them anyways, No. I do believe it was understood there would be no actions taken if the weapons were turned over (and finally for him to leave after the 48 hour deadline was issued). Who here believed that Hussein would turn them ALL in. Even if that were to happen, he would have gone right back to making more. Need an example? The weapons plants that were destroyed back in the Gulf War were rebuilt and continued to produce missile engines and other items.

These people are a threat to MANKIND. Not just the United States. Wherever you live, think what situation you would be in now if Hussein, Bin Ladin, or any terrorist organization believed you were a threat. It's now apparent that only a handful (40 I believe was the latest tally) of countries have the grit to stand up and take action.

If you'd like to bring North Korea into the picture, take in mind that if they make any aggressive action, they would commit both literal and political suicide. China would take absolutely no action to rescue North Korea. Japan would join the ranks against them, and of course South Korea and the US at the very least. Take in mind that the US is present in South Korea because of the KOREAN WAR. Do a little research on it and come up with some answers. Depending on where you look you'll see this: North Korea attacks South Korea 25 June 1950. Not US attacks North Korea. Also note that this war has never ended. It is simply at an armistice.

Another thing to note about them is the fact that they starve their own people for their own benefit. If I were a leader there, I would not hesitate to make the maximum effort to reduce tensions, restrictions, or otherwise and allow the opening of a trade route or two. Also research into their political structure, you might be surprised.

Some would like to say that perhaps we should live in a Utopian world, where no military existed... yadda. That would be nice. I don't see it happening by the time my grandchildren have grandchildren. Until that happens, there will be those that will wish to take another's way of life, or even their LIFE.

Since before history was recorded, the sword has existed.. people have fought. That's well over 2,000 years, ladies and gentlemen. How much has really changed outside of technology, and evolution? Some would even argue that evolution hasn't really taken impressive strides.

--- Now for the soldier's point of view ---

I'm a soldier in the United States Army. You're damn right I agree with the actions being taken. I'm a soldier because I believe certain actions are sometimes necessary for our way of life to be upheld. That time is now, as the world can see. If I've got to pick up an M-16 to ensure YOU keep enjoying your Internet, job, fresh air, Freedom, then dammit I will. Remember, your way of life exists as such because somewhere, a soldier or person was willing to give everything to preserve it.

Now, if you've read through this, I congratulate you. I enjoy a spirited debate. I do NOT enjoy uneducated flaming. If you've got some things to say about this feel free to email me at:

russellc@tweaktown.com

Remember what I said about flaming. You're damn right I won't hesitate to block you if you're not interested in intelligent conversation.
    Chris "Raven"
    News Crew - TweakTown
    <!--
    <font size=1>
    <font color=green>Main Beast:</font>
    - Athlon XP 1800+@1701MHz | EPoX 8KHA+ | Corsair 512MB XMS3200C2 | GeForce3 Ti200
    - 2x80GB WD 7200RPM | 40x12x48 Sony CDRW | Pioneer 16X DVD
    - Swiftech MCX462+ / Tt Smart Case Fan 2 | Antec 1030SX case w/ 431W Enermax PSU
    </font>
    // -->
    "Look at life like your morning cup of coffee. You might have one every day, yet you still enjoy it."

How to ask a good question

:thumb: :cheers:

Beefy Guest

OK, so we're going to 'war' whether we like it or not.. So, what exactly does 'war' entail? What do the US plan on doing? Are they just going to bomb Iraq, or take out specific areas (if so, what and why?) or just send in troops to remove Saddam...?

It's all good to say we are now at war, but what is the aim of the war?

Beefy Guest

I'll rephrase that. As of 30 minutes ago, we are now at 'war'... :(

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread Information