Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: War in Iraq in 48 hours

Raven

I'm a soldier in the United States Army. You're damn right I agree with the actions being taken. I'm a soldier because I believe certain actions are sometimes necessary for our way of life to be upheld. That time is now, as the world can see. If I've got to pick up an M-16 to ensure YOU keep enjoying your Internet, job, fresh air, Freedom, then dammit I will. Remember, your way of life exists as such because somewhere, a soldier or person was willing to give everything to preserve it.

I would as a citizen of the USA, like to say thank you from the bottom of my Heart. I am not a member (for med reasons)of the US military but come from a long family of them. I congratulate every man and woman that has the sack and fortitude to stand in harms way for people as small as myself. I live in one of the greatest lands in the world because we, above most other countries, will stand there and say "NO MORE" Again thank you and every person in your unit from my family(oh and dog).

The rest of you. Saddam has laughed in the face of the world for long enough. How long did Hitler stay in power before he decided it was time to try and take over the world? People said...oh he just wants Poland, just France (**** them anyway) They didnt do anything till it was to late. Now for once someone, some country is say we will not take this anymore. How many Jews died before some one did something? How many Kurds died before someone did something? Isn't this enough of an indicator that this man will do whatever he wants to whoever he wants? People laugh at the 150km limit set on his missles. Do you know why that limit was set? The man has shown that he doesnt care about world politics, polls or favor. He will launch his missles at Israel? Again? Perhaps. Would you want to sit there and have a cup of tea thinking about that? Take the man out of office. His sons too. They set up Rape camps torture chambers and the world thinks that they are nice people? Lets have some more people look around in the desert. Didnt some one in the bible do that for a while? 40 years perhaps? Trying to find a few thousand missles in a country the size of California....oh that should be easy. I suggest you look around your town. Look at a semi driving by. What was inside it? Cant tell? Neither can the inspectors. That semi might have had 20 missles in it but you couldnt tell. Now go down to the interstate and watch all the semi's that drive by. Which one has TV's in it? Cant tell? Neither can the inspectors. That is the problem they face in Iraq. Lets give them some credit tho, they found some stuff that Saddam said he didnt have. Of course he probably led them to it as bait, "Oh if they find this they will be happy and go" Screw him. There are about 300,000 new inspectors in town.

Nice explanation Raven!
    First of all thanx for telling us that you are a soldier (atleast i didn't know that). I salute you cos in my sight this is the best someone can do to his country! Serve in the highest possible manner.

Now i would like to talk you about something, not in email but out here in the open forums!

If you'd like me to point out a few things, take September 11th, Bali, the oil fires, or use of chemical/biological weapons on citizens for example.
    And Iraq and Saddam is related to those things? You gotta get your facts cleared!

Need an example? The weapons plants that were destroyed back in the Gulf War were rebuilt and continued to produce missile engines and other items.
    You yourself agreed that wars will be there and army will there. What should have Iraq done? They should have left themselves at mercy of its neighbouring countries including Kuwait!!! Iraq should live in Utopian world when US is on the button to bomb every country THEY feel is threat to world? Nice thinking!

These people are a threat to MANKIND. Not just the United States. Wherever you live, think what situation you would be in now if Hussein, Bin Ladin, or any terrorist organization believed you were a threat.
    Right now i m thinking that what would have happen if US thinks a person or a country to be international threat. Atleast we have the MIGHTY US to save us from all other threats but who would save us from US itself?

It's now apparent that only a handful (40 I believe was the latest tally) of countries have the grit to stand up and take action.
    Tally stands at 34, might be 35 in a few hours! I don't blame you for not being too regular with current affairs cos of your mind being too cramped with thoughts of war!

Another thing to note about them is the fact that they starve their own people for their own benefit. If I were a leader there, I would not hesitate to make the maximum effort to reduce tensions, restrictions, or otherwise and allow the opening of a trade route or two. Also research into their political structure, you might be surprised.
    Do you mean that they should come on their knees and beg you for mercy? Anyone asked US to intervene and improve the situation of citizens of Iraq? I never read or heard anything like this!

CheeZmonZter

The rest of you. Saddam has laughed in the face of the world for long enough. How long did Hitler stay in power before he decided it was time to try and take over the world? People said...oh he just wants Poland, just France (**** them anyway)
    Right now US is going on same tracks! I wonder if Bush has any idea to become second Hitler

Do you know why that limit was set? The man has shown that he doesnt care about world politics, polls or favor.
    When did US last cared about world politics?

Remember guys, US is no angel! These are simple double standards and nothing else. Though we are "at" war and this discussion now stands absolutely invalid but i hope that people atleast FEEL that war is not the solution to anything!
    Latest Microsoft Security Updates.
    Last Updated:
    10th MARCH

If you are a security freak: Use Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (NT/2000/XP/2003)
    ======================
    jabber : asklepios20@jabber.org
    =======================
    Linux user since: April 24, 2003 312478
    yabaa dabaa doo...
    Customized for 1024x768

To those who responded, please don't thank just me. Thank every soldier out there. And please pray for both Iraqi and Coalition forces.

Now for the debate part: Here's more fine tuning asklepios. Keep on responding and maybe we'll get things straightened out more. I've removed your comments and added the update to what I know.

Quote Originally Posted by asklepios

If you'd like me to point out a few things, take September 11th, Bali, the oil fires, or use of chemical/biological weapons on citizens for example.
    And Iraq and Saddam is related to those things? You gotta get your facts cleared![/b]

To my knowledge Saddam DID use chemical weapons on his people, and light oil wells on fire causing one hell of a mess. The others were references to terroists attacks, which we are in the process of attempting to take care of that.

Need an example? The weapons plants that were destroyed back in the Gulf War were rebuilt and continued to produce missile engines and other items.

I wasn't referring to what Iraq would/should have done. I'm looking at a military leader here. Those factories were capable of producing rockets capable of carrying chemical warheads. Now I'll try and find the newspaper article I read, but I can't guarantee you I will find it. It's not quite the same equation of saying they rebuilt a car factory that was destroyed.

These people are a threat to MANKIND. Not just the United States. Wherever you live, think what situation you would be in now if Hussein, Bin Ladin, or any terrorist organization believed you were a threat.

Ok, you got me. Of course the US would be a threat to you if you decided to engage in terrorist actions, caused genocide, etc... I'm sure I could sit around and think about what would provoke the US and other countries to attack someone, but I won't.

It's now apparent that only a handful (40 I believe was the latest tally) of countries have the grit to stand up and take action.

If it was 34, the newspaper I read was wrong. I miss quoted, and I apologise. Not that less of a number may be something to be tooting about.

Another thing to note about them is the fact that they starve their own people for their own benefit. If I were a leader there, I would not hesitate to make the maximum effort to reduce tensions, restrictions, or otherwise and allow the opening of a trade route or two. Also research into their political structure, you might be surprised.

No, I do not believe they should come to us on their knees. For christ's sake these people are starving. Are you aware how many people attempt to defect to china through the border, by a boat, etc? Not many try to go across the DMZ since there's a good possibility they'll be shot by North Korean soldiers immediately. If your country was starving would you at least TRY to improve their lives? If you ever get ahold of some North Korea propoganda, you'll be amazed.
    If we could remove Hussein from power without having to send 250,000 US troops, and massive munitions, I'd be all for it. But he's not leaving. Unfortunately, we have to go in and make it happen. That involves armed conflict, and I realize very completely people will die.

To be specific this is not against Iraq. I'd bet you everything I owned that if their military laid down their weapons, turned their tanks, missiles and other offensive weapons to non agressive positions, the US military and coalition forces would just walk on by. The goal here is to get Saddam Hussein out of power, not destroy Iraq. Just as the goal in Afghanistan was the Taliban and Al Quaeda, not Afghanistan. Take the actions there as sufficient proof of what we'll be doing this time.

Beefy

We are not at war with Iraq yet. Even armed conflict has not begun until the first strike is made. If you want to get technical we're not at war until congress votes it is a war. Until then it's a military conflict. Of course I doubt that correction will be distinct enough to matter on anything but paper. With the exception of the fact that a draft cannot be imposed, or significant restrictions on troop loss.

The main goals are to take out targets of significant military importance. They may even destroy their parliamentary building, but unless Hussein is known to be there, I doubt it.

Expect airstrips, missile sites, supply depots, fuel depots, aircraft hangars, barracks, radar sites, and other targets essential to military operations to be destroyed. Yes, the conflict will start with bombing specific targets. A strategic strike, not just random destroying. The idea is to create a massive shock for hostile forces. After that the ground forces will advance and the rest will be history. There won't be unnecessary military casualties. Those who surrender will be properly taken care of. Those who fire at Coalition forces will also be taken care of. I wish I could say no single civilian would die. While we wont be targeting civilian buildings, it's just inevitable that SOMEONE will be in the wrong place at the wrong time.

I'm not giving out any secret information.. just basic military strategy. It's all available if you pay attention to the news, and listen to a few Generals talk.
    Chris "Raven"
    News Crew - TweakTown
    <!--
    <font size=1>
    <font color=green>Main Beast:</font>
    - Athlon XP 1800+@1701MHz | EPoX 8KHA+ | Corsair 512MB XMS3200C2 | GeForce3 Ti200
    - 2x80GB WD 7200RPM | 40x12x48 Sony CDRW | Pioneer 16X DVD
    - Swiftech MCX462+ / Tt Smart Case Fan 2 | Antec 1030SX case w/ 431W Enermax PSU
    </font>
    // -->
    "Look at life like your morning cup of coffee. You might have one every day, yet you still enjoy it."

How to ask a good question

Ok Saddam has tested every weapon that he has on his own population for generations (ask the hundreds of thousands of dead Kerds, or however it's spelt, about it).

The only threat that the Iraqies have had in my knowledge was Iran and that was because it was believed that Iraq had lost the muslim way.

It should be more as this farse should've been finished 12yr ago.

You maybe surprised at how many Iraq citizens will welcome the change because if they try it then they'd be dead (see 1st parragraph).

The US isn't hidin' anything but Saddam is and has been for decades.

We all live in one world and it's about time we became one world, for everyone (ya not seein' the big pic here which started many decades ago but enough is enough).

What can I say, Wiggo, except that I agree. :thumb:
    Chris "Raven"
    News Crew - TweakTown
    <!--
    <font size=1>
    <font color=green>Main Beast:</font>
    - Athlon XP 1800+@1701MHz | EPoX 8KHA+ | Corsair 512MB XMS3200C2 | GeForce3 Ti200
    - 2x80GB WD 7200RPM | 40x12x48 Sony CDRW | Pioneer 16X DVD
    - Swiftech MCX462+ / Tt Smart Case Fan 2 | Antec 1030SX case w/ 431W Enermax PSU
    </font>
    // -->
    "Look at life like your morning cup of coffee. You might have one every day, yet you still enjoy it."

How to ask a good question

okk raven, i will write it in the way you did!

Quote Originally Posted by Raven
    To my knowledge Saddam DID use chemical weapons on his people, and light oil wells on fire causing one hell of a mess.[/b]

Do you know there are countries (other than Iraq) out there that have military rulers and its a crime to even talk about changing the government. Read my earlier posts and you will know what i said about US following double standards. You are going to bomb a country cos it has a military ruler while you are giving grants of more than Million to another one? Is that what you call setting standards?

The others were references to terroists attacks, which we are in the process of attempting to take care of that.

Why is it have to be always that WE thing? Why is it that US have to think about every country? Who asked for YOUR help? As far as i know US was snubbed in UN meeting for such kind of behaviour cos of which you had to withdraw your resolution regarding war.

I wasn't referring to what Iraq would/should have done. I'm looking at a military leader here. Those factories were capable of producing rockets capable of carrying chemical warheads.

i m giving you example with countries having military ruler with missiles of range above than 1500 Mileswhich are able to carry "not only chemical war heads but nuclear warheads weighing more that 1 tonne"!!!!!!!! Rings a bell in there? and you might not believe but almighty US is giving such a country grants like peanuts, just cos it licks US soles at will! Read my posts carefully and you will know about it!

Ok, you got me. Of course the US would be a threat to you if you decided to engage in terrorist actions, caused genocide, etc... I'm sure I could sit around and think about what would provoke the US and other countries to attack someone, but I won't.

Terrorist actions? Which terrorist actions? Iraq indulged in terrorists actions? Against whom? In any case who gave US the right to indulge in such "I m the big boss" kinda attitude?
    BTW which "other countries" are you talking about out there? The ones who have been bought by huge sum of money or the ones who've been terrorised by the might of US?

If it was 34, the newspaper I read was wrong. I miss quoted, and I apologise. Not that less of a number may be something to be tooting about.
    Nope its nothing to be tooting about. I m just telling you that get your facts cleared up!

No, I do not believe they should come to us on their knees. For christ's sake these people are starving. Are you aware how many people attempt to defect to china through the border, by a boat, etc? Not many try to go across the DMZ since there's a good possibility they'll be shot by North Korean soldiers immediately. If your country was starving would you at least TRY to improve their lives? If you ever get ahold of some North Korea propoganda, you'll be amazed.

Do you know which is the poorest country in this world? Don't google around and tell me straight. If you know it then tell me and if you don't then rather than searching around on net, just accept that you don't know. Now what have US done for this country in last 2 decades? Nothing, Nada, Zip and suddenly US comes to know that there is hunger in IRAQ? Nice point pal but its for those who don't know things! Go on searching and you would come to know of countries that have largest number of people dying of starvation and US government gives a damn to them! Go and do something for them rather than bombing a country to relieve them of hunger. I feel lauging at this thought that a country wants to bomb another one cos the people out there are dying of hunger!

If we could remove Hussein from power without having to send 250,000 US troops, and massive munitions, I'd be all for it. But he's not leaving. Unfortunately, we have to go in and make it happen. That involves armed conflict, and I realize very completely people will die.

and why should he leave? cos US said so? Well yeah thats a valid point.

To be specific this is not against Iraq. I'd bet you everything I owned that if their military laid down their weapons, turned their tanks, missiles and other offensive weapons to non agressive positions, the US military and coalition forces would just walk on by. The goal here is to get Saddam Hussein out of power, not destroy Iraq. Just as the goal in Afghanistan was the Taliban and Al Quaeda, not Afghanistan. Take the actions there as sufficient proof of what we'll be doing this time.

Yup right. They should come and surrender and why? Just cos US said so! Do you know that saddam have got more than half a dozen imposters who look like him? Even if they surrender today and tomorrow CIA comes to know that Saddam is still there, whats the guarantee US won't be charging down Iraq once again? You can't give any guarantee, rather you will be getting on with your JOB!
    What you did in afghanistan is sufficient proof! yeah of what? Wake up pal and know which all countries have been benefited the most by afghanistan war. Its not afghanistan but the countries that helped US to attack Afghanistan!
    Originally posted by Wiggo
    We all live in one world and it's about time we became one world, for everyone (ya not seein' the big pic here which started many decades ago but enough is enough).
    Yeah Wiggo we all live in one world but come what may, this one world is not going to accept US as its ruler. The only way for US to make them do so is to bomb all the countries that defy this thing and you bet that they are on a strong way! With all the support they are getting, I feel they will do it pretty soon!
    Latest Microsoft Security Updates.
    Last Updated:
    10th MARCH

If you are a security freak: Use Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (NT/2000/XP/2003)
    ======================
    jabber : asklepios20@jabber.org
    =======================
    Linux user since: April 24, 2003 312478
    yabaa dabaa doo...
    Customized for 1024x768

Ok I did some studying and came up with the ultimate solution to all problems :cheers: :cheers:
    "Make FPS, not war"

i'll drink d0 that

The list of countries that supposedly support the U.S. is just some more Bush propaganda. Some of the countries on the list have promised to send as many as 12 CB counter-measures specialists. One of them I think promised to send 6. Some of them on the list have promised to send people to aid in the aftermath, medical attention, food distribution, etc.. And Turkey is right behind us. They promised not to shoot down our planes. Yep, I'd call that a solid coalition.
    The WMD thing is being blown out of proportion too. Stalin killed an estimated 30,000,000 of the people he controlled through conventional means. Pol Pot 2,000,000. More millions in various African countries. At least hundreds of thousands in S. American countries. The idea that Sadaam has killed many of his own people is justifacation for war must be a new idea as it has not been applied to others with even worse records. You don't need WMD to be a mass murderer. I also fail to see how taking a breath of poison gas and keeling over dead is so much more horrible in people's minds than having your body shredded by artillery fire or bombs. Maybe some of the Iraqi soldiers will feel lucky to die from massive wound cavities caused by rifle fire instead of gas. There is no humane way to fight a war regardless of your choice of weapons.

The only way to tell if a war was the way to go is if you can look into the future. Since that is not possible war is always a gamble. I for one am glad that I don't have to make that call.
    Perhaps only the Iraqi people can make that decision. Too bad you can only find out afterwards what their opinion is
    "Make FPS, not war"

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread Information