Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Geek Food

Well the reason is I actually get off my arse and go shopping - I don't rely on my mother to do everything like you seem to :no:

So that's how come I know meat prices - I talk to my butcher :toung:

And for the record meat is cheaper the further from the cities you go - Where WS is in Mudgee it is probably about 25-30% cheaper than in the capital cities
    What came first - Insanity or Society?

http://forums.overclockers.com.au

OCAU forums have a pretty decent geek food section... check it out, heaps of nice recipes there! :)
    Asher Moses

Thanks for the link Acid.

And for the record meat is cheaper the further from the cities you go - Where WS is in Mudgee it is probably about 25-30% cheaper than in the capital cities [/B][/QUOTE]

Sorry to correct you Al, but meat prices are cheaper in Sydney then what they are here, "UNLESS" you know ppl in the right places:D
    My other half works at the Abattoirs so that makes things better for us, we buy direct from the producers so it makes it cheaper to buy them alive and have them killed ourselves, otherwise we'd be paying through the nose too.
    New rig
    P4 Titan 8S655FX
    PENTIUM 4 Intel 2.8c
    KINGMAX 2x512 DDR
    GeForce4 MX440
    DVD: LITEON x 16
    CDRW:LITEON 52x32x52
    LG FLATRON F700B
    NEWMEN OPTICAL MOUSE

Canned and frozen foods are the way to go. That way when you have a real home cooked meal you are in heaven !

I appreciated the analysis of the market Albinus, things like that give me a lot of info on the world you live in there.

One of my favorite skillet meals, my dear mother used to call it cowboy supper.

1 16oz can pork & beans
    1 pound ground beef
    1 medium onion
    1/3 (or so) green pepper
    a bit of chili powder and hot sauce

Brown the burger in a skillet.
    during that, chop up the onion and green pepper - nothing fancy, bite size pieces.
    when the burger is done, drain off excess grease. add the tin of pork & beans and onion and green pepper.
    season to taste (for a real treat, add a small finely-diced habanero pepper)
    Stir it a bit, till it's all good and hot. I like to cook it just until the onions begin to turn transparent.
    Grab your fork, time to eat!

You'll have to adjust the quantities above to the metric system :)
    that makes about 1 big helping for me, so you might want to increase for multiple day feasting. add some biscuits, and you got a dandy meal.

Perfect for a bachelor, as when your done you only have 1 skillet, 1 knife and 1 fork to clean. unless of course, you choose te eat off a plate like mom taught you.
    The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Make a box or two worth of Hamburger Helper. That should keep you fed for a week at least: party ha

That cowboy supper sounds pretty good Mr. C.

:thumb: ;) :D
    <!-- Begin Code Amber Ticker code. -->
    <P ALIGN=CENTER>
    <SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript1.2" src="http://www.codeamber.org/js/codea.js">
    </script>
    </P>
    <!-- end of Code Amber Ticker code (c)Copyright codeamber.org 2002, 2003-->

Grab some mince

Get some burrito mix stuff. (spicy powdery stuff)

oh, and get the burrito rolls. :)

Cook the mince, add the mix as per instructions on the pack and serve. Will fill you up quick smart, not to mention tasty.

Total cost: Under $15, depending on the meat prices in your area of course.

Mum always said I cant eat cheese on toast everynight.
    Boy did I prove her wrong. :D

Beefy Guest

Pot noodles... It's basically 2 minute noodles in a big styrofoam cup, with flavour and dehydrated veggies.. Just poor in boiling water, give it two minutes and eat.. Definitely the way to go.. :)

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information