Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 10 of 72 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast

Thread: 3DMark2001 SE scores

Too bad not many ppl got money to throw around lol.

WHOA, bad assumption made there... T3 = 45 MEGA BIT which is abbreviated (Mb)

Mega BYTE is abbreviated MB, and there is a big difference... a T3 will get you NO MORE than 6 MB / sec.

Which really isn't that much... You aussies better HOPE that your ISP's have access to 6 Meg/sec, or you're in big trouble.. Ahahahah... Just think.. 6 meg a second is 1000 active dial up connections... OR 30 broadband users @ 200K/sec

Sorry but you can get 45mb per second!! My cousin works as a very stressed (but highly demanded) technician for several large commercial companies with servers linked to Full T3 (45MB) connection bandwdith support. The full T3 bandwidth supports the full data rate of 45MB per second.
    The other options that some people do get mixed up with is the fractional T3 connection that smaller businesses go for with lower costs, therefor, T3 is available in increments of 3MB per sec, up to 45Mb per sec.
    The bandwidth, as we all know, depends on lots of factors. Such as the time of day, etc. Example; The T3 consists of 672 individual channels, each channel supports 64Kbits per second. Yes, it's true that big bucks help when it comes to securing T3s which are the backbone of many ISPs. (although there is a much faster connection than T3 that Scientists are testing. Wait for it, 2.6 tera bits per second (Tb/sec).
    This is equivlent to 400,000 channels of bandwidth, compressed video. It is the worlds first 20 Gb/sec optical duo-binary modulator/demodulator. I think I have made my point and I hope it keeps everyone's appetite going for better internet access.
    -All the best (from a self confessed tech-head).
    BRING ON AMD 3.5GHZ

20 GB/s...that's what I call bandwidth!!!
    <Insert Witty Comment Here.>

You would need like a mega large HD to store all the stuff you d/l lol, if there was a 20gb d/l, it would fill my hd in about 0.4 seconds lol.

not really, the place you are downloading from has to be able to upload at that speed too, eg my cable connection doesn't get a very good work out, coz not many servers upload fast enuff to keep up with my modem's download speed

Most servers are stuck on 512KBs/2Mbit connections with just 256KBs/512KBs upload size. Faster computers are just 2/3 years away with 3.5Terrabyte RAM (smaller than the size of a credit card). the production costs for this is just 10 per chip and is expected to sell for around 30. Haven't yet got any further details; like what motherboard manufacturer will want the task of supporting this size of RAM.
    Things are looking hopeful, maybe we can eventually store everything in pure RAM form (so everything stays on RAM like a HardDisk and it'll be a lot faster to play Max Payne).
    On the HardDisk front, a 160GB Ultra ATA 166/15,000rpm (3ms access time) is in development and will be released quite soon (late summer). For anyone to have a machine that still has U. ATA 100(100MB/s), U. ATA 133(133MB/s) is available; although the difference in performance isn't going to do much for people writing docs, it should help when composing music, wireframe design, storage servers, etc.
    BRING ON AMD 3.5GHZ

I would like to know what kinda bandwidth Download.com is using??? I always get a fast connection from there servers and just by looking at the title of there site you know many users are pulling files off there server.

XP1800
    512Mb DDR RAM
    Hercules G3 Ti200
    30 + 40 Gb HDD
    Asus A7V266-E Mobo

Voltages, FSB and RAM all stock settings

Ti200 running at 218/458 no AA but with Vsync on

Score 7145

urotsukidoji :D

then i tried again

my pc sucks :cry:
    TT Original