Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 17 of 72 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast

Thread: 3DMark2001 SE scores

actually it looks significantly easier than unlocking an AMD processor - at least for those of us with big clumsy fingers :thumb:
    OC'ing your video card is not really any different than OC'ing your CPU - if you already get a good OC @ default voltage - imagine what you could get if you bump the voltage up a bit.

Yeah, I'm definitely thinking about it, since it is something that's easy, and I gained about 900 or so points as it stands right now with my current OC. Could bump me higher, and the risk is pretty minimal---good because I'm a weenie when it comes to doing mods to my hardware (besides cases----unless it would be a Lian Li!)

I have finaly gotten myself into the 10k range so im not sure if im going to keep trying to get them any higher? I think im going to wait until Nvidia releases some beter drivers for my card before i go for some more score breaking bench mark binges!! Right now im just happy to be part of the 10k club! Took me three weeks of tweeking on this new gianward 4600 to get the score but i got it and im happy for now! Well my score is below in my sig you can clik on the compare and see it. Sorry no picture of the screen shot but i havent figured out how to put pictures up in here yet???
    Dual Athlon Mp+ 1900
    Asus A7M266D
    1024 MB DDRAM
    GainWard G4 Ti4600
    Windows XP Pro
    3DMark 2001 SE = 10387Compare

It's good to hear that ya happy with ya setup there Percadann. :thumb:
    Only don't expect to get scores like some of the single CPU jobs do as that's not the reason behind a dual setup as they were designed for stability and heavy work loads. : peace2:
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Yes!! I totaly agree with you on that about my scores! I learned that the hard way! When i built this I expected ALL the wrong things out of it! Now that ive had her up for a couple of months now i understand that. I will say at first i was realy bummed agout it but now it dont bother me and im just happy that i can rip a dvd in the back ground while i frg with my fav game or burn a cd what ever i want to do!!All at the same time! Well thx for the responce talk 2 u later.....Perc.................................... .................
    Dual Athlon Mp+ 1900
    Asus A7M266D
    1024 MB DDRAM
    GainWard G4 Ti4600
    Windows XP Pro

Yes heavy multi taskin' is were they really shine. :thumb:

Dude ......

I just ran into someone in a forum who just built the same pc as mine part for part damm near he had 1800s and i got 1900s was the only differance realy. Anyway the poor kid had a score of like 8600 or so and was realy upset about it. I tried to ease his mind by telling him what you have told me these last couple of responces. I mean i can see why he would be upset he spent all that money and he wanted to see it get these record breaking scores! I tried to tell him to relax you most likly well get the 10k like i did but he wouldn't listen! I think the only reason I even botherd with the 3dmark was cause of the new ti4600 i added to my setup other than that i have no use for it. I mean sure id like to get a 1200 score but u know it aint going to happen with a dualy and besides if that is what you built one for then you might as well sell it and buy a machine that well put out those scores. I dont think I could ever go back after getting spoiled on this thing!
    Hell this is the first time i think ive ever been happy with a setup
    and you know how rare that is most of the time ur always wanting to upgrade somthing right? Well dude ill talk 2 you later thx again for ur responce... later...........perc.............................. ...
    Dual Athlon Mp+ 1900
    Asus A7M266D
    1024 MB DDRAM
    GainWard G4 Ti4600
    Windows XP Pro

Is 6300 normal for the kind of system that I have?

Quote Originally Posted by ReSpAwN DeMoN
    Is 6300 normal for the kind of system that I have?
    Is that a g-force 3 listed in your sig? well i think the score is about right maybe might get it in the low low 7's if you tweek it a little. I know with my set up and my old G-force 3 card my stock settings with no over clocking at all i was getting a score of 6900 and when i over clocked the G-force 3 card to 240/500 then i got my scores up to about 7400 i think it was? So all in all id still say yes its good score you got there and you might could improve it by a few hundered points if you shut off some back ground programs and a few other tweeks on the card settings in your display settings tab. But always keep in mind that the 3dmark is just a bench program a tool dont confuse it with your real world performance just cause the scores arent as good as the last guys doesnt mean your computers isnt performing good? Did i say that right? Well my point is: its fine to bench your computer everyone does it but dont let that be the only thing you care about!! Hope this helps you out with your score.......... Later perc.......................
    Dual Athlon Mp+ 1900
    Asus A7M266D
    1024 MB DDRAM
    GainWard G4 Ti4600
    Windows XP Pro

IT did help me out alot......so basically with the scores though.....all the people that are getting in the 10k area are running GF4TI4600's and high end athlonxp's? and yes that is a geforce 3 in the signature

Page 17 of 72 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast

Thread Information