Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: radeon 9200 benchmark problems

With your Pro version of 3DMark '01 I believe that ya have to uninstall it and install the newer version (details should be on their website under support). Yes close down all programs in the system tray but some programs like antiviruses may still have processes running which will need to be shut down thru the Windows Task Manager.

ok, thanks swinger, i'll try that!

thanks for the advise wiggo, just downloading build 330 now
    i'll let you know how i go on.:laugh:

ok, just a quickie, coz its way past my bedtime, ive done everything ive been told, and my benchmarking has a improved a little with 4202 marks, still dont think this is right though.

Any more suggestions??

forgot to ask, would adding a some more RAM have a big effect??

What brand and model is that R9200 as I'm wonderin' if this maybe one of those with the crippled 64bit memory path and not the full 128bit memory path.

Quote Originally Posted by funkyphantomuk
    forgot to ask, would adding a some more RAM have a big effect??
    If ya runnin' Win XP then yes it could a bit and if ya only 1 memory module in that mobo of your's then yes as atm ya only runnin' in single channel mode and not dual channel mode (ya'll 2 modules of the same size, make and model).

its a sapphire ATI radeon 9200 128. Does that help ya out?

just to let you guys know, ive just bought some more memory (exactly the same as the other stick of 256mb) and my 3D marks have come up worse than what i had when i was only running on 256. Methinks something strange is going on..........would overclocking my processor have an adverse affect on 3d marks??.....

no overclocking should only make things faster, as for the extra stick of ram, do u have both sticks in the right memory slots for dual channel mode, if not it will still use single channel. checm you manual for which slots to use for dual channel. also what size is your windows page file? aslo i think you do have the 64 bit version of the 9200 and that is probably holding you back a lot.try and borrow someone elses card thats about the same speed and see if you still get really low marks, i think a fx5200 is about the same speed.

hi, what do you mean by,"what size is your windows page file"?

when i bought the card i specifically asked for a sapphire radeon 9200 128mb, and thats what it said on the box, come to think of it, the box was not sealed. i bought it from www.overclockers.com
    is there a way i can find out if im running on 128mb and not 64??.....
    im gonna check the dual channel in my instruction manual.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information