Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: 64-bit benchmarking on the Athlon64?

Ok, I've looked around bit and I can't seem to find any site that has used a 64bit OS w/a 64-bit app to bench the Athlon.

It's would be especailly nice if some would also compare it to the 32-bit version running the benches both on the Athlon64 and a P4.

Anyways, anyone know of any half decent reviews out there with 64-bit benchmarking?

[Sry for any poor spelling just nuked OS and haven't had time to re-install Word]
    If the stuff in glow sticks is truly toxic then why do they make so many flavors?

Depends on the benchmark.

For current 32 bit 3D apps like 3DMark2001, its a bit slower in a 64 environment. This is with Windows Server 2003 64 bit and 64 bit ATI Drivers. Wether this will change or not in the future I don't know.

FX5900 - 3DMark2001 [20,566] - 3DMark2003 [7,281] - Aquamark3 [56,694]
    Ti4400 - 3DMark2001 [16,028]

AMD really jumped the gun with 64-bit processin' so software has a bit of catchin' up to do. Ya'll just have to be patient atm.

The reason I ask is I plan on building a system late January / early Feb. and I'm trying to decide between a P4 C, either 2.4, 2.6, posssible 2.8, or an Athlon64 3000 all currently cost around the $200USD mark.

So I was looking for reviews with benchmarks to help me decide.

I'll be using some high end 3D apps such as Maya or XSI both of which I believe have 64 versions out. (I think)

And of course Games

And perhaps some encoding.

The encoding part naturally points to a P4, but I was trying to find out if the 64-bit has/will even things out a bit.

I'll also bedoing tons of multitasking but I don't think there is a real difference between the two in that area.

-Smokey

P.S. Sorry if there are spelling mistakes but I just nuked my HD and I haven't reinstalled word.

P.S.S. I should make that my sig. :D
    If the stuff in glow sticks is truly toxic then why do they make so many flavors?

Thread Information