Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Help with PCMark2002

Okay here is my problam. I just wondering what the cause of this may be. it don't matter how many time i reload it d/l the Exe or anything I always get this for wierd stuff on my score. Don't matter what OS i am running, H/d's, CPU's, Ram. Only time i do notice it going back to normal is when i change Mobo. But it has had a flash just incase some issues was with it. but thing is I sold this board to a friend of mine last year he ran it and got normal scores. I get it back and i get the wierd scores again. I am just lost is all :confused: here is what my setup is...

MSI K7T Turbo 2
    AMD XP 1700
    PC 133 Cas2 512
    Dual 40 Gig WD H/D's
    Windows 2000 Pro

Guess nobody knows either? :shrug:

photoshop

Apparently just a glitch in the program with your specific setup, stuff like that happens from time to time

Quote Originally Posted by The__tweaker
    photoshop

if i had a way to prove it to you i would but it is an honest score that it gave me. also i don't know how to use photoshop anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by amd_man2003
    Apparently just a glitch in the program with your specific setup, stuff like that happens from time to time

Okay. have you seen this from others before? but what i don't understand though is why is it doing it with only this board? other msi's, soyo, ecs i have tried it on with everything else the same and i get a normal score. Did they change the chipsets on this board that i didn't know about? Figured if it was a glitch in program would be with other boards i had also tried it on. oh well damn computers anyway lol

Yes I've seen it b4 (though not such an excessive number) but usually a BIOS update will correct it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiggo
    Yes I've seen it b4 (though not such an excessive number) but usually a BIOS update will correct it.

I've done that. Thats what had me confused on it. I've done all of that and still no change. although this is the highest it's ever given me on a messed up score. normally it's about 15,000 on the cpu. But when i get an honest score it's normal like a real person lol.

Quote Originally Posted by FreakZilla
    normally it's about 15,000 on the cpu.
    I don't think you are scoring that high on the CPU.

To get a PCMark2002 CPU score of 15,000 would require about a ~6.3Ghz P4 Northwood.

FX5900 - 3DMark2001 [20,566] - 3DMark2003 [7,281] - Aquamark3 [56,694]
    Ti4400 - 3DMark2001 [16,028]

Quote Originally Posted by FreakZilla
    I've done that. Thats what had me confused on it. I've done all of that and still no change. although this is the highest it's ever given me on a messed up score. normally it's about 15,000 on the cpu. But when i get an honest score it's normal like a real person lol.

No you missed what i said. With my messed up scores it's normally about 15k. but when i don't get a messed up score on any other mobo then it's a normal score. thats what i saying. whenever i get another mobo and a REAL score i'll show that. But since couple of you guys that replied to this did kinda help me out on it it's done with it. and thank you "amd_man2003 & wiggo"

Thread Information