Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 3DMark05 Scores

Default Re: 3DMark05 Scores

Darthtanion, What are you seeing for CPU score?

Upgrade your card; you're just wasting that poor Athlon 64. Hell, I'd sell the Raptor, get an 80GB Seagate SATA, sell the 9600XT, and with all the money you could almost get a GeForce 6800, which is pretty much the minimum I'd go with for that system. A GT or X800Pro would be much better,

CPU marks? Is that in the full version or something?

Darth, tweak that damn thing. Try a tRAS of 9-11; run through the usual tweaking guides; overclock it, of course. What a lucky ******* you are.

Jjd53887, it just occured to me that your tRAS is totally wrong. It should be at at least 7 (2.5+2+2=6.5, tRAS should be >= CAS+tRCD+2). It should probably be higher than 7, although I couldn't tell you what's best for P4s. That's assuming you can't just loosen them up a bit and overclock more, which would probably be best for that...

Updated a driver and the latest results are as follows:
    3DMarks - 4764
    CPU - 4662

Yawg, go into the details of the test to get the CPU rating. It does not show in the popup window that appears after finishing the tests. You have to have Excel 2000 or newer, however, to get this data. Alternatively, you can also go to the ORB and get the CPU results there.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Or, I could just use OpenOffice, since it will open Excel files. I may be getting some new RAM soon (to be used with my replacement system, but that's a big maybe), in which case I'll take the time to run the test again and check the CPU score. Either that, or I'll just get the new system and throw my PC2100 in there (an A64 2800 with PC2100 is still better than a 2.0A with PC2100) until I can afford better.

Hmm, I got 765:(

My system,

Athlon 64 3200+, 1 gig corsair ram, XfX geforce 5700u, XP sp1.

Does this sound right? or is my rig jacked up?
    Main RiG:
    CPU: Athlon 64 3200+@2.17
    Mobo:Asus KT8V deluxe
    Ram:1Gig Corasair XMS PC-3200
    AGP: eVga GeForce 6800
    Case:Antec SLB
    HDD:Maxtor 80Gig 8mb
    PSU:Antec TRUE380

No way. You've done something totally wrong, probably with driver installation. Even on a 128-bit card, you should be getting way more than that. That's what I think, anyway. Even 3DMark, being so GPU-intensive, shouldn't say my rig is that much better than yours, regardless of the superior video card and excessive amount of tweaking I've done. Either something's wrong with that motherboard (KT8V? I've heard of the K8V...), or you've done something wrong somewhere else, drivers being a good place to start. Install the latest drivers from nVidia, even if you already have. You sohuld also close all background programs, and the test sohuld be run at 1024x768 with no AA or AF (otherwise no one know if that's a good score). You should also look through the relevant guides at www.tweakguides.com.

Post Re: 3DMark05 Scores

Here is my systems Scores with default settings and no tweaking.

Amd 64 3500 cpu 2.2Gig Hz
    K8NNXP socket 939 Motherboard (Giga-Byte)
    4x256K AMP-X PC3700 Duel DDR Memory (466Mhz)
    SoundBlaster Audigy2 ZS
    2 80Gig HD RAID-0 = 160Gig
    eVga 6800 GT Video Card

Any Idea's on how to improve my scores????

Thanks in advance
    Forcefeed

For starters, either overclock your CPU and RAM or adjust the timings as I imagine your RAM doesn't have very good timings at stock.

On top of that, just run through the tweaking guides at www.tweakguides.com.

I'd actually suggest you reinstall Windows entirely, though. RAID 0 is a waste of your second hard drive. It means virtually no performance improvement, and it wastes the entire drive. You don't have 160GB, you have 80GB.

Unhappy Re: 3DMark05 Scores

Hey Yawg

Sounds like my 9600XT is the bottle-neck alright.
    The problem with upgrading my card is the power supply. Being a shuttle, it has the 250 W power supply. I originally purchased the system, because my friend told me you could get a 450W from SilentX, but I have not had any luck finding it.

So my question for you or anyone else here is:
    What card will my rig support up to?

Pretty much anything from ATI. ATI's cards are fairly low power consumption, and if you can get a 9600XT to work, you can probably get an X800 Pro. Even though it's only a 250W PSU, it's probably pretty high-quality, too. Check this article out. Note that their system is probably a but more power hungry than yours.

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread Information