Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 23 of 44 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: PC Mark 2002

Yep, thats what I got. $110 isnt bad at all :thumb:
    New Sig soon, old one was way outdated.

:thumb:

Quote Originally Posted by saidin
    flaco, I do not know why scores are lower than yours...it seems odd. But I have read either in this forum or in others that the harddrive test in 3dmark is less than acurate at time. So....who knows! :thumb:
    I know its not in a form of measurement (i.e. mb/s, etc) but it should be useful for comparison...even though its not in mathmatical units. For example if pga get 1100 on his and i get 1300 on mine your score should technically be higher.
    - Damien

Just remember guys that the PCI bus has to be negotiated with all the rest of the traffic on it and usable bandwidth will be getting close to the limit so after a certain point there can't be anymore increase at all. ;)
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Thanks for clearing that up...:)
    - Damien

I used to be a hardcore SCSI user. I though I would never use IDE….well, now I do not see the point of SCSI. You spend more $ for less space, and the drives are not that much faster. You can get an 80 gig 8mb WD drive for 0…..so nice!! Oh so nice!
    of course there's no practical reason for me to have a SCSI hard drive...but I really don't have any practical reason to have the system's I already have. Other than the occasional gaming session....one box with a PIII would probably serve me just fine, but where's the fun in that?

Why get a SCSI drive?.... because I don't have one & it would be fun to play with for a while.

It's kind of like - why get another $75 cpu cooler....well maybe I'll be able to OC by another 10MHz & score an extra 50pts. in my favourite benchmark - I try not to get sucked into that too much, but sometimes.........

hmm i do not think droping an extra 150-200 dollars is fun. I garuntee you it plugs in the same, fdisks the same, formats the same as an ide drive. You would be better of spend the extra money on something else if you are looking for something to do!!!! Like a playstation or a something that will give you more source of entertainment....the hard will be like: oh I plugged it in, ohh I formated it, oh I installed the os, oh my score is incrimentally better. and that will be it. hehe. :laugh:

Upgrading is always fun :thumb:. Expensive but fun. I mean if I had all the money in the world I would upgrade every month, but I don't.

hmm i do not think droping an extra 150-200 dollars is fun. I garuntee you it plugs in the same, fdisks the same, formats the same as an ide drive. You would be better of spend the extra money on something else if you are looking for something to do!!!! Like a playstation or a something that will give you more source of entertainment....the hard will be like: oh I plugged it in, ohh I formated it, oh I installed the os, oh my score is incrimentally better. and that will be it. hehe. :laugh:
    I have the good fortune of not having to pay for the vast majority of my hardware upgrades....so I probably derive a little more pleasure out of it than most......& I won't be buying a playstation anytime soon - unless they come up with one you can run CAD/CAM on.

You lucky little #$%. Why do you get some of your parts for free?

Again.
    As i said recently in another thread. If you have stuff you want to get rid of, even if its brand new and unopened i understand, write me an email, and ill send you the shipping address...

Page 23 of 44 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread Information