Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Role Play (the game this time)

"You WHAT??!!" The three skulls cowered in fear at the raging ornament. "I turn my back for a few seconds and you tell me that the sword just disappears on you??" All three skulls nodded in unison. Calming down a notch, Cheogh walked in a tight circle for a minute, while he decided on how best to get back his trading material. He knew it had been warped off somewhere. "That sword might actually cost a couple Dran from the Planar Merchants Guild, that would save me the trouble of more killing. Now how am I supposed to pay off the ferryman?" Cheogh stared at the triumvirate, demanding a simple answer. A minute of silence passed, when finally one of them had an idea.

Cheogh heard a simple solution in his head: 'Follow the astral trail'. "Of course!, all I need to do is follow it's energy reading, that thing had an energy level easy enough to follow. It's that easy! Mind you, i'm not gonna do the dirty work. You fools find it for me. The first one back will get a body. Now bring it to me!" The skulls began to circle themselves, chattering cheerfully amongst each other, and slowly hovered over the hill, back to the city where they detected the sword last. Over from the other side of the hill, the gargantuan hellion strolled back from his short trip. He stopped a couple of paces from the scheming statue and quizzically asked, "Where did the skulls go?"

Just out of sight of the hill, the three skulls broke out from their group and each began to hurtle toward the city and frightening speeds, hoping to earn the bodies they yearned. The trip was no match for disembodied flying, combined with the infernal energies bestowed upon them from the master. The broken city quickly came into view and the scent of energy was much stronger. However, several other energy readings were bundled in a similar area, but the close proximity of all of them made pulling a single level quite the task for the skulls, instead opting just to barge in on whatever it was and get out before anyone noticed. As they steadily raced their way through the labyrinthine maze of buildings, the skulls tried to outmanoeuver and outwit each other, but would ulitmately end up with each of them meeting up at the some point and begin contesting (or in this case, biting) each other for the hot property. The few humans who remained in these parts, emerged from their holes. With the demon army gone, they thought an end to the bizzare sightings would go with them. The three fighting skulls proved otherwise and sent them back into hiding.

Malone spluttered as the Yuloga juice was poured down his throat, burning the whole way down and leaveing a searing mark where it had passed, but with it came energy and that...mmmm, lovely taste that it carried, as his eyes clicked open he licked his lips, but then it smacked into his stomach abruptly, and due to the fact he hadn't eaten for a few days it sent him into convulsions, coughing madly he leant forward trying to suck in air to soothe his hurting stomach, the direct link with luggage revealed him to be shaking with laughter in the back ground;

Good joke wasn't it master, i got you there very well, yes yes? Oh the look on your face master! **another burst of laughter** I told young Lady Astarté to do that, aren't i the smart one, i knew you hadn't eaten for a while!

Astarté rushed up as Malone tryed to lay back down and put a hand under his back, "Are you alright?", Malone replied with a shaky nod, then Astarté continued and rested his head on a small pile of clothing she had gathered....what a sweet thought...

For a while Malone looked up noislessly at the sky resting on the comfortable homemade pillow, soon after Astarté decided it must have been time for bed and gathered her essentials from Luggage, resting them down on the ground, then moving them closer towards Malone, "You've been awfully quiet are you alright, you don't seem like yourself."

With a large smile Malone turned over and looked at the girl, "Of course i'm myself, whoelse can i be?" He replied with a wink, "Just trying to clear my head my dear, you gave me an awfully large amount of Yuloga juice back then, i swear i've been seeing a dragon flying around in circles up there....and there ain't anymore of them left in this world, i watched the last one die long ago! Just give me a while my dear, i'll be fine...." With another smle he turned back to the sky, his eyes seemed to be following a point in the sky so far up.....

"Malone....could you tell me a bit about yourself? We have been together for what seems ages now, and i still feel i know so little about you...." Astarté was looking at him through pleading eyes when he turned to her stunned, he wasn't expecting a question like that, he wasn't sure such a sweet hearted girl would want to know what he had done in his past, but he couldn't refuse those eyes as he looked deeply into them....

The pair talked for hours, talking through till when the sun was peaking over the sky-scrapers so far away, the pair described themselves to eachother, where they came from, their parents, and how they had come to get to the place where they met....although Malone's biography was far more lengthy, they were both equally interesting to the listener, and when they were finished talking, Malone simply tuned back to the sky and his eyes locked back into the following circle that they had been in before.....

:smokin:
    A fate worse than death is to be forgotten...

**slaps ollie, birdkiller and beefy and synthetic with the pipe from a vacuum cleaner, before unleashing his trained penguins to finish them**

Astarté felt her past troubles melt away with the rising sun as it peaked through and shone from the mountainside. The two figures lay with their attention towards the heavens, yet they never blinked an eye of sleep. They both rested happily and somewhat satisfied. The young girl was mostly joyful as her partner had finally decided to 'let himself go' she wondered if he felt the same. Astarté folded her bedding neatly and placed it back inside Luggage as he opened his lid. She sat in a crouching position and fiddled with Malone's clothing as he lay in a daze. "What are you doing?" He snapped out of his dream and placed his eyes gently on her. "Oh, nothing...I was just thinking about you. Perhaps, we should move on. I believe our next target is waiting for us....it's a large object, with a lot of pages in it." She smiled teasing him.

She looked at Luggage again. It's little legs seemed to rise and fall like waves, and he moved in such a happy way, like he jumped up and down, releasing so much unused energy. She then remembered what he'd said earlier, it didn't seem to hit her until at that very moment. "Good joke wasn't it master, i got you there very well, yes yes? Oh the look on your face master! I told young Lady Astarté to do that, aren't i the smart one, i knew you hadn't eaten for a while!" Astarté frowned in confusion. "Why does he call me Lady Astarté? I am no woman worthy of such a title." She lowered her head slightly and trailed her foot upon the ground making patterns. "I think we should go now. Maybe we should eat something first. I'd rather not use the sword again, and the liquid could probably kill you the next time I use it." She laughed quietly to herself. Malone carefully gathered his things and Astarté ran to his side to support his ailed body. "I think maybe we should eat and rest a little longer, that might be best" She said as she carefully guided him back down.
    "Water is shapeless...you put it in a cup, it becomes the cup. You put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. There can only be one thing. 'Be like water'" - Bruce Lee

Malone raised himself, and unfolded the cloak on which he lay, opening it gingerly, as the girl rushed to his side as he stumbled, he placed the coat over her shoulders, "Here my dear, i saw you shivering as you were lying on the ground, you need this much more then i do, trust me, i'm fine! Luggage by the way has every reason to call you of such high standing, for one you are in my company," He winked at her, "Secondly, i think my little pet has taken quite the liking to you, i can tell by the way his emotions change whenever you are near, although his emotions change with that of mine, he still has every right to call you by that....Lady Astarté" he lowered himself shakily to one knee, and held out a hand to hers, as he took her hand he kisssed it gently, then looking up at her they both burst out laughing at the cliché.

Before he stood, he raised one hand to the air and concentrated, after a breif second his staff flickered into existence in his hand, his mortal arm shook under the weight of it, so he quickly put it to the ground and pushed himself to his feet, leaning heavily on it, waving the human away as she tryed to help, "My dear, i am Malone, prince of the Daemon's, i need no rest on the shoulder of a young mortal woman...." he flinched as he caught himself, the juice was still playing havoc in his mind, "Sorry my dear, i meant nothing by that, it is simply i don't need your help....."

As the pair began to walk, Malone struggled to pick up the staff and place it in front of himself each step he took, he had under-estimated the weakness of this body, he sighed but kept going, the girl walking along sadly beside of him, he looked beyond her at Luggage, that was still full of energy, from the happiness that pumped in his wood-work, "Ok then, its time for you to pay for that prank you bulking contraption, get over here!"

Luggage bounced happily up to the side of his master, the staff disappearing in a puff of smoke as he sat on the box, he held out one small hand to help the girl to sit, although she didn't take it and sat beside him in a huff, Malone looked at her sadly, words can cut deep....

With a gentle tap of his palm on the side of Luggage, they were off at a slow trot making their way towards the city, as they started Malone saw the book of life lying on the ground, he bent as they passed picking the sword weakly up in one hand, because Malone was in his mortal body, the burning effects of the swords touch were gone, he sighed in releif and slipped the sword into Luggage's interior, storing it with the book of death.

Half an hour later they arrived back in the city, and came to a stop outside a restaurant that Malone remembered well, lifting the girl up gently and placing her on the ground, she followed him obeideintly inside, and they sat down while Malone reached for his wallet, and Luggage tryed to fit under the table like some kind of enlarged dog...bumping his lid into the table on each attempt, being too bulky to fit.

Malone picked up a menu distractedly as the box continued to butt the table in its attempts, Astarté seated accross from him....

**slaps ollie, birdkiller and beefy and synthetic with the pipe from a vacuum cleaner, before unleashing his trained penguins to finish them**

At last! One of the skulls pulled out the upper tooth and butted the other two into some nearby buildings. The victor proceeded to pick up what he had earnt, but to it's horror, it was gone! It frantically floated aroud the surrounds trying to look for the treasure that it had so carelessly let walk away, but it found only those familiar traces that had surrounded the sword in the first place. It was true that the sword was in whatever it was's possession and that it probably wouldn't take kindly to someone else trying to take it away from them. As it's two equals arose from their landing sites, they all agreed that it was best to go back to the master, he'd know what to do. The skulls began to circle each other again and slowly floated back to the familiar hills, sadly chattering at the lost chance for a body.

The dusk coloured gargoyle was waiting for them ad he could tell from the sad clicking sound they made, that the mission did not go well. "Stupid skulls, knew i shouldn't have baited them with a reward." As the three skulls solemnly floated up in front of the angry beast, Cheogh raged "You have failed me once again, you're lucky that I don't clap you's into dust! I can't stand your pathetic performance, so instead, I will retrieve that sword, but you three are going to help me!" His maroon eyes boiled a bright crimson and each of the three giant skulls shrunk down to the size of normal human skulls. A short pole of iridium straightened out in his hands and from it's tip, three ebony chains sprouted and hung lazily in the air. With a sudden wrist action, Cheogh whipped each of the skulls with one chain each and with the simple command "Link", the skulls fastened to the chain and formed an effective mace. Furiously swinging his new toy, Cheogh decided to imbue the gift of speech to each of the skulls. Theycomplained of feeling frightfully dizzy and scared of hitting their heads, but Cheogh knew that their pleas might come in handy later on. The molten giant, who stood in the rear, shook his head, and slowly followed his master in the slow walk back to the city.

"I'm not feeling hungry, I think that Luggage and I will go for a walk, if you don't mind." Astarté rose herself from the seat, asking Luggage to come with her, during his struggle under the table. "Astarté, I'm sorry..." Malone started "You're sorry for what? ...I can't help it if I'm fairly useless to you. Remember, I didn't want to come with you in the first place, I hate being where I am and I especially hate your condescension. I'll most likely get more attention and likeness from someone on the street. You should eat, you need to keep your strength up. But, you didn't need to hear that from me." She left quietly, leaving a tight tension in the air that she was uncomfortable with herself, Luggage travelling behind her. "Oh I shouldn't have said that, I feel awful." She sent out telepathically. "Then why DID you say it." Astarté sighed loudly "Because...what he said, hurt me. We 'mortals' as he keeps pointing out are a weak race, we let words affect us personally sometimes." Luggage tilted himself looking like he was confused. "I don't understand, you feel bad, because you expressed your anger? Why? Astarté looked at him. "Yes, I shouldn't have done that, but what has passed, has passed, I just need time out."

The odd pair trudged along rough pavement that beared many cracks from years of constant use. They walked in complete silence, but they talked within their minds, responding to the voices that only they two could hear. The conversation was intense and definitely needed more then average intelligence to try and untangle what would have been total rambling to you and I. They must have spoke for hours when they finally decided to stop to rest. The setting was a large park, so much less green then most. It had a small bench to sit on, and a large tree, which covered it, not lush, but abundant in foliage. She sat on the bench and patted the seat next to her and made room for the box to sit next to her. As he attempted to jump onto the seat left him tired and his little legs almost collapsing under him. Astarté smiled sweetly at him. "It's okay, let me help you." She carefully lifted him up and seated him next to her. She gave him a large hug and thanked him for understanding her and her problems. She realised that she had many. Embarrassed as they all tended towards the lonely daemon they'd left behind. "Master likes you very much, you know. We should go back." Astarté shook her head "No, he is only interested in what he sees. He's not interested in me the way, that I'd prefer to be liked. Besides, he has no use for me, if he finally gets a use for me...he can come looking. I don't want to stick around, I know when I'm not wanted."
    "Water is shapeless...you put it in a cup, it becomes the cup. You put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. There can only be one thing. 'Be like water'" - Bruce Lee

Malone watched Astarté leave, calmly, he watched her call Luggage, and watched her walk down the street, with a shrug he raised and arm and called the waitress to him and ate his fill of a 3 course meal with seconds, and hour later he raised a napkin to his mouth and dapped at his lips, leaving a smile pile of money on the table he walked out the door and down the street mumbling under his breath, "Damned temperemental mortals...."

He walked down the road trying to follow the trail that luggage had left for him on the road, dropping either random items on the ground, or leaving small psycic traces in a path, but he had trouble discerning it in the crowd in many area's and his patience was growing thin with the humans that bussled close to him, pushing him around like he was nothing more then a commoner, he scowled at them as he walked, finding it harder and harder to control himself.

As he walked along a large group of hoodlums marched up the street, and tryed to push him out of the way, "Get out of the way gramps, don't you know who we are? We own this street, we don't wanna hurt you...." This was the last straw, Malone looked up at them, staring into there eyes, he reached out with one hand, and as its path stretched out its form ripped and changed back into the claw of his Daemon body, as it clamped aroudn the 'leaders' throat the rest of his body changed also, blowing into the bulking form of the Daemon prince, and as his body changed and grew it lifted the boy of 18 off the ground, his feet dangling a foot above the ground, Malone's arm holding his weight as if he were nothing more then paper.

He stared at the boy with hatred in his eyes, his moistened his lips slowly with his forked tongue and shoved his face forward, so his eyes were equal with the boy's, "Mortal, a young girl and a box came up this street, not too long ago, you have 2 options my boy, 1, you can tell me where she is and take me to her, or secondly, you can die." He mentioned flatly staring codly into the boys eyes.

He closed his fist slightly when the boy didn't answer, squeezing his neck closed to barely anything, a shaking hand rised up and pointed down the street, Malone turned his head down in the direction, and nodded, throwing the boy hard into the ground, there was a sickening crack as his legs didn't hold from the force, and two bones shoved through the skin of his legs Malone walked past the screaming pile of hoodlum and with shrug grabbed one of his friends as he walked, dragging him by the shoulder, "Fine, you can show me...."

With shaky directions, Malone arrived in the park about 30 minutes later, his temper had subsided in this time and he had let the boy walk of his own accord, and they had even started to talk like friends as they walked through the gates, and there was Astarté sitting on a bench....Luggage had somehow managed to pull his bulk up beside her, it was comical to look at and Malone chuckled as he walked up beside her and sat on the opposite side of the bench.

"I thought we were going looking for books my dear? Oh yes and this is my new 'friend' Henry, say hello Henry..." He glared at the boy which he had dragged here and then winked at him with a laugh....

"I suppose you're feeling much better now that you've left a young man with no legs. I read your mind before you got here. Perhaps you and your 'friend' there should go searching for the books instead, since you have no use for me." Astarté giving Malone the cold shoulder, ignored him completely and quickly shook Henry's hand. He had a rounded face with large blue eyes that stood clear, dusty blond hair that sat ruffled at a average length, he was roughly 5'11". She smiled brightly and said hello. He stared at her in complete astonishment. "Please don't look at me in such a way, it makes me feel uncomfortable." She looked down at her lap interlacing her fingers and blushed slightly.

She turned her attention again to Malone. "What do you want with me. It's obvious that you haven't come to apologise, just tell me what you want and leave me alone." Malone walked towards her and rose himself to his full height "Now look here you!" "Hey! that's no way to treat a lady." Henry butted in. "Please don't interrupt, he cares nothing for you, if I wasn't here you'd be dead already. Malone, let him go." Astarté interrupted. The large daemon pulled the young man by the collar and gently let him down onto the pavement and bid him farewell unusually politely. "There's no need to explain, you need me to go with you because, you can't risk my death. I also can't stay because I will be captured again and tortured. I also have to go with you because you can't stop thinking about me. But despite all of my objections, you will take me regardless of what you have to do to get it. I will come, but I will be reticent as long as you treat me like the dirt under your own feet."

Malone gritted his teeth, he hated having to say this, it ripped his heart in two pieces, and he had no intention of hiding it from his own mind, thoughts flooded his mind, he saw Astarté's shoulder's flinch, she must have been listening, although she had her back turned.

As his mind twirled his body shrunk, and his mortal body fell to its knees, "Astarté my dear, you are doing something to me, i have no idea what it is, but i assume it must be what you mortals call love, i feel thoughts flooding my mind that have never been there before..."

He stood on shaky legs and put his hands on Astarté's shoulders, turning her around so he could look into her eyes, "Young mortal, you have lit something up inside me, you wish to kow my i want you to come with me? You can't think of it yourself? Its because i can't stand to be parted with you! I know you've been sensing it, you know as well as i do that i can't get you out of my head! Its driving me crazy...."

The thoughts in his head continued to pump, his whole head surging with images of Astarté, he stepped backwards and shook his head, trying to clear his head so he could keep talking, and make sense, he walked backwards and sat on the bench, and leaned backwards and let out a sigh, "Ok little one, let me put it this way, i can't be the person i like to be when i'm around you, you make me want to be a better person, when you are near, you change my personality, and as you can see.....you even change my appearance!" He held out his arms, staring at the mortal arms that he saw.

"I don't know how to say it, but you must understand, i can see your thoughts as well, and i can tell what you are thinking, i can garuntee you, my thoughts run deeper then merely your looks......" He held out one hand to her and looked at her with pleading eyes, "Will you forgive my rudeness of before? Will you help me looking for the books?"

"Please do not address me so. I fear for you. If you so much as love me, I am afraid that I do not share those feelings. I don't know how else to say it, except that I am sorry. But in all honesty, you are the closest person to my heart." She felt herself ripped in half, her pain swam through her body completely and fell to her knees and cried out. "I don't believe I've ever felt so horrible in my life. Please forgive me." Astarté said softly looking into his eyes.

"I'm afraid, because I don't understand how you feel at all. You hide it away from me, then you let it all out when I don't expect it. I'm confused because the only one person I hate, I also can't stand being without. For the first time in my life, someone actually cares for me. It's hard trying to take all of that in. I don't know if I feel that way about you, but I love having you hold me so close, it makes me feel so warm inside. You also have beautiful eyes... I don't want you to leave me behind. I really don't. But what you said did hurt me." She lowered her head in sadness.

Malone looked down at her, putting a soft hand upon her back then placing himself beside her he put his arms around her to comfort her. "Thank you. I've always hated being alone in this world, like I was being punished for something I'd never done. And then you come along like a swift breeze and carry me away, sounds like a corny love story. Malone, I love having you around me, it fills me with joy and I'm constantly excited. You must promise never to leave me alone anywhere. I can't stand to be away from you long." At that instant, the small girl had strange feelings boil from within her soul. They gave her butterflies inside her stomach and made her head spin. She leaned against him for support. Leaning heavily against him, she found herself looking deeply into his eyes. Her eyes wavered and looked away for a second. She knew she'd never forgive herself for doing it, but her stubborness seemed to dissipate from her mind. Astarté closed her eyes, leaned in closer towards him and tenderly kissed him upon his lips.

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread Information