Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Role Play (the game this time)

Malone was shocked at the move as he felt the tenderness and caring which came with the kiss, and only five minutes ago she had been yelling! No matter what race....women were confusing to say the least, but Malone still savoured the moment, although it hurt him inside, it felt so right in his mind, time seemed to stretch out as they stood there....connected.....

After what seemed an eternity, Malone pulled back his head breaking the kiss short, he looked deeply into the girls eyes, "Are you sure you want to be doing this little one? Not 10 minutes ago you were yelling at me, you were sitting here brooding by yourself..." Luggage rolled off the bench and ran into Malone's knees, making him fall backwards, from the ground he groaned and glared at the box, "Ok then you stubborn *******.....sitting here with our mutual friend here...."

:smokin:
    A fate worse than death is to be forgotten...

**slaps ollie, birdkiller and beefy and synthetic with the pipe from a vacuum cleaner, before unleashing his trained penguins to finish them**

Astarté smiled sadly at Luggage, she felt bad for leaving him out so suddenly. She turned back to Malone with the sadness which still stood dominant through her weepy green eyes. "No...I'm not sure I should have done that." the girl looked down at the ground. "I'm sorry, I really shouldn't have...heaven preserve me. I feel like tearing myself to pieces because, that's all I feel that I deserve. You should leave me here for decieving you most of all. I think poor Luggage sees it as well." She turned away from him and sat down on the seat, thinking to herself, not looking up, but down at the ground, watching the brown leaves from the trees roll with the wind along the paler-then-green grass.

"I don't know what else to say to you, I just hope that you find it in you heart to forgive me. I...will have to go with you, but I will probably never be the same from now on." She saw Malone gaze at her briefly, then diverted his attention to Luggage. "...We have something to do, we should be on our way." Astarté started off slowly, holding her head much lower then what she normally did, being in the most terrible of spirits.

ooc: Darn, that's the 3rd time I've had to edit this, if there are too many errors "I'm sorry!!" I can't be bothered, it's 5 to 11 at night, I'm tired. :snip: feeling a little "shot in the head" so to speak.
    "Water is shapeless...you put it in a cup, it becomes the cup. You put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. There can only be one thing. 'Be like water'" - Bruce Lee

Malone raised an eye-brow at Astarté as she trudged along beside him, with her head pointed towards the ground, he shook his head tisking the girl, "There is no need to feel in such a bad mood little one." He winked at her, and smiled, "If you hadn't have ran away when you did, we could have had a lovely meal, and you would be feeling fine by now! Lets get this little tiff over with! Oi! Luggage, give us the best food you can muster! With a table, yes a table would be lovely....."

Seconds later, a small spark appeared in the air, making a resounding click, a table which to Astarté was no less then amazing, appeared on the ground, Luggages lid threw itself open, and a five course meal spewed from his insides, landing precisely on the table, lining the whole length of the monstrosity table, Malone promptly, as if it was no strange occurance sat down at the table and raised a glass to Astarté as she stood there stunned.

Malone looked past the golden goblet which he held in his hands, and smiled at Astarté, "Your not going to hurt Luggage's feelings and turn down his creation's are you?" Malone raised the goblet to his lips and drank deeply of the vintage wine which it beheld....

**slaps ollie, birdkiller and beefy and synthetic with the pipe from a vacuum cleaner, before unleashing his trained penguins to finish them**

"Oh, no perhaps I shouldn't. Although, I am not one to drink." Astarté passed her words in such a quiet voice. Malone looked down at her sadly "Now, you mustn't be like that." he put a caring hand upon her shoulder. "How could I not be. I've just basically put myself in a position...where, I'm vulnerable to attack. Don't tell me I don't have a right to feel how I do." She shook her head sadly, but ate the food that sat on her plate. Astarté took no notice of what she consumed, instead her mind floated, and thought...of Malone. "What's happening to me..." Luggage, that large box sat under the table and jerked up and down madly, rocking the contents off its surface. It tilted upwards throwing all the food into the air, about 3 feet and landed on Malone.

Astarté watched as Malone's face switched from completely serious to fuming in only an instant. He cursed at the wooden box that still walked around in a crazed manner. In her amusement she watched his eyes flare up with a bursting fire. She laughed out loud and fell to the ground picked up the bulky box, hugged him and twired him around. "Thank you, you always know how to make me feel better..." Astarté stopped abruptly, she heard a sound in the distance. Then looked up quickly and saw a large shadow, almost bat-like soar overhead. "No, what's HE doing here?"
    "Water is shapeless...you put it in a cup, it becomes the cup. You put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. There can only be one thing. 'Be like water'" - Bruce Lee

A dark shadow covered up the overhead sun, blocking the all important life giving rays. The darkness enveloped all below it, lining the silhouette of a dark beast. Looking down upon the weakling mortals, Cheogh smiled, grating his stonechip jaws. He laxed his wings and swiftly fell to earth, gaining in speed in his descent. As the shadow decreased in diameter as it made it's freefall descent to the earth, a sharp shrieking sound followed the gargoyle on his landing, coming to abrupt end as the heavy, jagged talons of his craggy feet connected with the ground. Large chunks of solid duracrete erupted from his massive impact, showering nearby onlookers in a sprinkling of sharp debris. He glared over to the demon, his slave and that wretched chest. With flail at hand, he casually strode over to their little conversation. Spying the large chalice of wine on the astral table, Cheogh casually strode up, swooped up the goblet, and brazenly took a large gulp of the rust coloured liquid, in front of the trio of 'heroes' and a crowd of pitiful drifters. Casting the chalice aside, Cheogh turned to his audience and spat the bile he had just drunk onto the unwary watchers. On contact with the atmosphere, the wine was cast ablaze and sent the swarms scattering, attempting to put out thier burns and running in fear of the fire spouting spirit. Malone lowered his brow at the odd display, Astarte recoiled in disgust and Luggage had his vision blocked by the table he was under, making him indifferent to the above events.

Malone bitterly spat "What is your business here knave? You don't have any business here and i can put you out to tip if you think otherwise!" Cheogh let out a gravelly laugh. "I'm not looking for an easy fight, i have only come for my sword. I'm sure you know what I mean." He stepped forward, rattling his flail and letting the skulls chant out some random insults. Taking a glance at the little chest beneath the table, Choegh uttered "But before I repossess, I want to thank your little nuisance here for altering my shape. I like this one much moer than my ectoplasmic form, and I don't have to go around changing suit every season. In reward for your 'mistake', I have decided to do a reading, just for you." In his palm, a metallic set of cards formed a neat stack. With a small command 'Draw', several cards took themselves out of the deck and arranged themselves upon the table. Three cards formed a horizontal line: "The Devil", "Death" and "The lovers". Seeing this combination, Cheogh raised his gaze to the fuming demon and his distressed slave, and looked down on the table as the next sequence unfolded. Above the "Devil" card, the "Wheel of Change" card fluttered just above it and below the "Death" card, "The Sword of Judgement" foil. This last card caused some concern: the small picture of the sword was the same as the sword he had not long ago, with the slight azure tinge even. Causing even greater concern was the fact that there was only of this card in the whole deck and it was very rarely drawn. Scratching a small mark in the table, the scribble began to glow green, and at once the arranged cards folded themselves back into the deck. "Was it already time for the 'Unmaking' of this accursed little plane? Maybe I have less time than I think!" Snarling with rage at the confused pair, he quickly cast a time stop spell, freezing everything dead in their tracks. Crunching the pile of cards in his hand into a fine silver powder, he tossed the remnants over his slave and imbibed a psychic block upon her. Any thoughts at telepathy or telekinesis would be met with a destructive mind melt. Pulling out a rusty pipe from the ground, hastily dug out some ugly circular runes upon the Luggage's surface and thrust the flail into their center, sticking out upon his back and glowing with the iridescent colours of the skull's eyes. "You three are to keep these people safe from anything that attacks, right?" The trio of bones quickly nodded and began to follow each other in a ring. "This will help keep my chattel safe!" Stretching out his wings and preparing to take off again, Cheogh quickly remembered to do something of utmost importance. Picking up a large brick, he broke it over Malone's head and from inside, a small metal glove was found. He slipped it over the frozen demon's hand and immediatley the glove fastened itself around his wrist and began to drip with unspilt blood. Making good his escape, Cheogh flew off to meet his servant, with plans to put things back in to place.

Malone angrily wiped the food and grime off his face, all the remanants turning into dust before it even touched the ground after being wiped off, Malone raised an eyebrow and laughed with a shrug, he brought his eyes up as a shadow fell across him, and before him stood, as far as he could tell, was that bed sheet from earlier.....it must've got an face lift or somethin....

He watched the thing with not much interest as it walked over to the table and picked up a goblet of wine and drank deeply from it, but when the beast spat the liguid out, and then ignited it, pointed in the direction of the group of mortals that wandered aimlessly around the garden and its gates, Malone sat up, suddenly alert. he watched the mortals as they danced in flames, a year ago he would have stood with the gargoyle and patted him on the back and joined in his laughter, but now.......his face grew stern and he tapped Luggage on this lid, Fix it Malone tryed to sheild the message as he sent it to Luggage, he didn't want to show any weaknesses to this monster.

Moments later, in an area of about 200 metres square above the screaming and writhing mortals, a pool of water appeared, with a jolt Malone tapped Luggage again quickly, Ok enough stupid stuff.....take away the concrete, and DON'T drop it on them, we are trying to help them...., with what seemed as a groan from the box the concrete disappeared and the water fell heavily upon the mortals, extinguishing the flames instantly.....

The gargoyle stepped forwards, not noticing what was going on, and seemed to with draw a deck of cards, Malone wasn't sure what he was doing, at first he thought that he must have thought to be friendly for a change and challenge them to a card game instead of a fight, and with a crack of his knuckles Malone smiled and got ready, but alas the granite beast only laid the cards out to himself, each card had a different picture on it and with the picture, came a word, written in runes, Malone squinted at them, "Death", "Lovers" and "The Devil", the deck was different to any others he had ever seen, and the game was different to any other he had seen before as well, but then he caught a glimpse of Astarté she stood there on the other side of the table as white as a ghost....

With a few swift flicks of his wrist the Gargoyle drew a few more cards, Malone dismissed these, not even bothering to look down, Astarté was worried about something, but Malone still couldn't see it, he turned his gaze back to the Gargoyle and glared, this must be some sort of prelude to something that only Astarté knew of, Malone clenched his fists getting ready for anything that might soon come at him.......

But then without warning, Cheogh disappeared. Malone looked around, trying to locate where the creature had ran off to, and soon heard a rushing of air and a clatter, the table had disappeared, leaving all the food to crash to the floor, Luggage was running madly around in circles, bucking like a rodeo brumby.... Get it off! Get it off Master! It burnssssssss. The force and anguish of the mental blast nearly made Malone stumble back wards, but as he reached out his hand in sympathy as he rushed towards his old companion, he saw something on his hand.

He raised his hand and ****ed his head, why the hell have i got a glove on?? More importantly, why is it bleeding? He shook his hand furiosly trying to get the blood off, but it just kept on coming..."What the hell is this?" he growled under his breath.

Astarté completely disregarded her surroundings, she didn't realise that she'd turned a ghostly white and sweated coldly. "Planer Rune Cards, where did he get them from? That reading...this is most unfortunate I hope Malone doesn't understand them." She reflected back from the past, just when her former master, now a gargoyle, placed the cards upon the table. Astarté frowned and pulled a small item from her cloak pocket, not the pastries, but it was a delicate box, intricately designed with no more then a few semi-precious stones bright blue in colour. Opening it carefully, inside were some strange cardboard slips, containing pictures, they being only one of the very few sets of "Planar Rune Cards" in the world. Her set, was not brand new, but had the sheen of being used and treasured.

The dark haired girl closed her eyes sitting at the table, rested, cleared her mind of all around her. Soon she was in the world of eternal darkness, yet Astarté wasn't alone. Her past memories soon flooded back to her, watching the gargoyle placing those cards down upon the tables surface, here she slowed events down to inspect closely, his placement, the cards, positions. Her eyes suddenly flew open shuffling the cards quickly between her fingers, strangely she riffled them with ease, like an expert, though she was very far from it. She placed the cards down one after another in the same order that the pre-blanket man had done. Astarté gasped as she revealed the cards, they came up in exactly the same order, the very same cards. "No! It's highly impossible, could it be?"

Malone on the other hand was left struggling with the glove which bled profusively starting from his wrist. "There is no use in fiddling with it, you'll never get it off. He is the only one who can remove it." Astarté said passively, not taking her eyes off the cards. She shook her head and looked at Malone. "I'm afraid we have other things to worry about. The reading he gave you is important, it's not hog-wash, the cards are enchanted and are always insanely accurate, you must never doubt them. Unfortunately, your reading is the worst I've seen." He looked at her in an odd way, switching from her sadly serioud face, back to the cards. "So?" he said. "So, you see, "The Devil" here..." She pointed to the card in the middle of the spread. "This is you." She pointed to the card to the right of 'The Devil' "'The Lovers' this is your recent relationship with the people closest to you. ...Namely, me...." She blushed slightly at her own response. "This card on your left 'Death' doesn't necessarily signify death, but...change of action, or...something else, most likely bad." She shook her head and focused again on the cards, her eyes distant, but aware. "The card that crowns you 'Wheel of Change' also signifies an event in the close future, being the consequence of past actions, of course, because the 'Death' card is also complimenting, could mean the death of a friend, or yourself." She slumped exhausted in her chair. "Oh, I'm so tired " she moaned. "And, the last card 'The Sword of Judgement'?" Malone asked almost urgently. "The last card is obvious, it is the very sword I possess currently, meaning retribution. It is not directed at me, so which means, you may force revenge upon someone for the death of that loved one. This is rather morbid."

Malone nodded sadly and placed a hand on her shoulder letting the blood from the glove run freely, as he had no choice, down her side, though she hardly noticed. She seemed in a dark state of mind, strangely calm now, like she knew the events of the future. "I understand now, I play an important part in this journey. You mustn't be vengeful or sad when 'The Time' comes, because it will lead to your end. Malone, you must believe me."

Malone laughed down at the girl, and burst out laughing instantly, and reached down for the cards that she was playing with, and with one quick swipe he held them in his hands, "Now my dear, you aren't going to tell me you beleive in this 'fate' crap are you? Look....they are mere cards, don't make you future around cards!" The cards all seemed to pick themselves off his palm and danced in the air, weaving and intertwining in the air, Malone's eyes following them, a thin smile crossed his face as he played with them, "See, only cards, you play poker with them, play solitare with them, damn! You can even play Old maid with them, but no, they don't tell the future!"

He stopped concntrating and let them fall into his palm neatly and he placed them back into Astarté's pocket for her, and patted it reassuringly, then he placed both hands around her waist and picked her off the table and placed her softly on the ground and smiled at her, then with a tap of the table, "Ok Luggage, pack up! We're going to make tracks, we've got five more books to find!" The table and all its contents seemed to be sucked into the opening of Luggage's lid as if it were a black hole, then Malone said again distractedly, "And stop complaining, there isn't anything there?! And beside's the point.....YOU CAN'T FEEL PAIN YOU BLOODY IDIOT!"

Malone started walking off with Astarté on one side, Luggage on the other, as they walked Malone looked over at Astarté's sad face, "Look my dear, no body controls our destiny but ourselves, the past is set in concrete, cannot be changed, but the future is ever flowing, you can change your fate, as easily as you can change your socks!" With a smile he wrapped one hand un-certainly around her shoulder and smiled at her, heading off in the direction of the next book....the book of earth, although he hated that race he had to go deep into the realm of the elves....he had quite a walk and at the end of it, he had to deal with those singing and dancing fools of elves, he shuddered at the thought of having to deal with them again and still be civil....... he kept walking.....

The suddenly softspoken girl could think of nothing to say in response to Malone's kind words. Yes, they consoled her, and yes, they MAY have been true, but Astarté knew better. Sure, anyone could make their own fate, but the fate was already chosen through the cards. The proof stood out in black and white, no one ever dealt the same hand twice, with a 1 in a million chance, it happened twice in one day. It just wasn't possible. The small girl didn't know of anything better to do then to leave her mind of all things but her reading. "Argh, how can I help it. They've never been wrong before." The grave expression on her petite face worried Malone. There was nothing that he could say to divert her attention. Astarté for the first time since they'd left made a sound, which left as a deep and thoughtful sigh. Her head held low, she slouched somewhat and stared at the ground, which now continuously flowed as desert road.

The day dragged on, feeling hot walking for what seemed like forever in places where there was no dwelling, water or any sign of life whatsoever. Possibly deserted because of well-worn time, the unlikely trio slumped their way through the clear obstacles blocking their path. Removing her cloak, letting fresh, but humid air run through her hair, she stored it in Luggage and made no other attempts at communication. No amount of telepathy would of gotten through that swamp of thoughts flying through her head. "I don't understand, why am I an inanimate object in this game? Like I don't have a reason, but I have a concrete position? Why me? I should throws those cards away... But, what if they're right? That sword, there's something about it. Malone, poor Malone...I should talk to him more. NO! he should talk to me more! Oh, I should just sit down right here..." Astarté halted, obviously not aware of her surroundings and fell to the ground, sitting upon pure white sand, clouding up as she fell upon her bottom to sit looking up at the daemon and his almost life-long friend. With an indifferent emotion written all over her face, she said nothing, resting and waiting. Just waiting for some sort of signal.

As he walked, Malone's armrest fell out from under his arm, he turned quickly with a quisitive look on his face, as he looked down at Astarté where she sat defiently on the ground he couldn't help himself from smile, the sight was comical, the young woman performing a stunt that was easily only meant for those quite younger then she was, trying to hide the smile quickly Malone walked backwards and crouched next to her and put a helpful hand on her shoulder.

With not much as a thought Malone reached out with his mind and plucked some of her freshest thoughts off the top of her head, and with a releived nod.......he finally understood. "Ahhhh! Your not having fun then....Don't worry my dear, where we're going, i think you are going to have fun....you will fit in quite well i think," He winked down at her with a smile, "The elves are known for some of the most enjoyable races on this plane!" Her astonished face moved up and looked at his face, with a smile he nodded...

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread Information