Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Role Play (the game this time)

Circling high above the sleeping city, Cheogh looked down upon the civilisation that he had loathed for the greater part of his existance on this accursed plane. Foul, aphotic smoke made sickly trails up into the decaying sky, contributing to the already high acidic content in the air above. It was remniscient of the foul brimstone clouds that he was so used to in the planar anchor, the fulcrum of all planes and his home. How he wished he could be there rather than pathetic mortals and weakling astral rejects. Not feeling the thrill of a fresh kill in hours, the craggy creature dove down past the boiling clouds to the nearest populated zone. In the center of a market zone, he made impact amongst the unwary dissidents, sending waves of them sprawling from his landing. Those who stood their ground were in awe of the black figure, clad in the thick smoke of heavily pounded stone. Two burning flares of hatred cut a swarthe through the thick fog and slowly the cover dissipated. Cheogh casually clenched his grip...

The dark gargoyle goaded them into a frenzy. Unleashing the emotions of supreme anger and malice, he whipped up the crowds into a bloodlust. Several onlookers scavenged weapons from whatever was at hand: beer bottles, sticks, chairs. All comers charged at him with their implements, but all were disintegrated by the thin green rays emanting from the beasts claw. Whole crowds of people were reduced to nothing more than a couple of piled skulls. Those who shook of the madness and tried to flee, were grasped by his mass displacement. The enfeebled swarms were helpless as they were teleported into solid earth. The monster looked around with a new sense of accomplishment and strode through the burnt out markets.

A couple of steps from the plaza saw the emergence of a large daemon, not a common sight in these parts but a very common sight in books. It was a faceless butcher, the type who guarded items of great value. It was essentially a great mass of flesh with several sprouting tendrils and hooked barbs. It was surrounded in a never-ending blanket of hideous smelling and highly corrosive gases that ate away most normal metals with little trouble. Wondering at the sudden appearance of such a gargantuan foe, he approached the beast, not fearing it's power or odour.

The beast turned on our villain with surprise. Gathering itself on it's back limbs, the creature formed a thicker pocket of aphotic gases near it's 'mouth' and fired a single darkfire bolt. The chilling beam radiated pure shadow and burnt away matter from the timeline itself. The bolt struck the gargoyle square in the chest, but still he kept striding toward his target, maintainig a powerful hold on reality. He stood two inches from the butcher and delivered a solid punch that broke thought the creatures toughened hide. He unleashed a pre-prepared spell and from the new opening, the things entrails erupted in an avalanche of hideous rotting meat and congealed blood. The mammoth roared and tumbled to it's side. Cheogh removed his arm and proceeded to read the creature's thoughts....

Astarté looked on helplessly. She felt she'd failed herself and him, and it'd only been just a few hours ago. She didn't know what to say to him. She agreed on one thing. She smiled sadly to herself and walked towards where he sat and wept quietly to himself.

"I didn't mean to yell at you like I did. Malone, I know I can be horrible sometimes, but I didn't mean to hurt you. You could at least be a little more open with your feelings." She said while kneeling in front of him placing a hand on his knee.

"I...you know? I have no idea what to say to you, but perhaps, you could at least tell me what's wrong, it could at least help our relationship a little. It's so tense, and we have to stick together remember? I hate this as much as you do, but you're stuck with me, whether you like it or not." She replied softly. She got up and sat next to him, humming a slow melodic tune, she hoped it would make him feel better.

They had only known each other for a few hours, she felt like she was going to scream from frustration. She hated his stubborness and just wished him to be more reliant on her, to depend on her. She wasn't going to leave, for she had nowhere to go, but she accepted her losses. Why could he not accept her? She sat and brang her legs up towards her chest and hugged them, she felt better, it consoled her, for she was at a lost. Her "link" refused to say anything or let her into his mind, she felt neglected, rejected and she too wept sadly against herself, rocking back and forth softly.

Malone's ears pricked, what was this? The young mortal knew music? Interesting, maybe this one knew how to dance also....he stood without looking at her and walked to luggage, "Ok friend, open up, i think its time for a test...."

Malone thrust an arm inside and pulled out what must have been one of the most expensive antique's still around today, it was an old record player from the 20th century! He reached in again and pulled out one jet black record with no marking on it. With this he turned to the girl and simply stared at her. Then after a small amount of thought he turned in ninety degrees and thrust his arms at the ground.....turf lifted up in front of him in what appeared to be 20 metre exact square, and under the turf that had lifted up appeared to be a smooth dance floor, pushing itself through the roots.

Malone turned and looked at the girl again, "Ok Asarté, you wish to get to know me better, know my feelings huh? Well let me show you to the floor and then we shall talk!"

Malone pointed one long finger at the record player and it immediately sprung into action, sound coming from all around them, from no apparent speakers. He held out one hand to the girl and she obligingly walked towards him, he took her hand in his, he flinched at the touch, but only breifly. He looked down into her eyes, she leapt at the sight of his slitted pupils, but he kept a hold of her a began to slowly move the rythm, and then progressively get faster, until they were flying accross the dance floor matching every note and beat to their dancing exactly.

As they moved Malone held the girl in closer, her body felt strangely relaxing to his as he held her, but he couldn't explain why, because at the same time it nearly made him go to convulsions. Malone shook his head and talked to her, "Ok little one you wish to know about me huh? Well, i am what you could call an 'outsider', i have never fitted in well with my people, they have considered me a half-breed and a freak. I have for the longest time wished to escape from their world, and eventually i did, breaking through to here long ago, some time in your middle-ages, but momentarily i stayed here, because not long after i was sent back, by an angel by the name of Aziraphale...."

"The next time i came back i assured mysekf i wouldn't be fooled so easily by some freak from the other dimension, i meditated for long on protecting my mind from such things, i beleive you have come into contact with that my dear. From that day on, i tryed to get back to this world, and i achieved that, no less then 200 years ago, and from that day i've been here, trying to keep my distance from you....mortals, until i found that one of the Octavo's was situated in this area, then i became substantially more interested, for here held the key for my revenge...."

"So what do you think of our little dance my dear? And now that i've told you about my existence, don't you think it would be your turn?"

They continued dancing, Asarté looking rather confused about the whole ordeal, but Malone actually did feel better for getting this information off his chest....

:smokin:
    A fate worse than death is to be forgotten...

**slaps ollie, birdkiller and beefy and synthetic with the pipe from a vacuum cleaner, before unleashing his trained penguins to finish them**

Malone held her closely and she relaxed to his touch. She was completely confused as to what was going on. She never knew he danced, she shook her head and laughed quietly to herself. She was not only left hanging, but his sudden openess took her by surprise. She looked up at him, and she shrank back from his dark brown eyes which pierced through her like an arrow which hurt as she felt weak momentarily.

She listened to his story, she was surprised herself. "Why have you come here, for these books? I do not see where your revenge is placed in such a mess..." She stayed silent for a moment for she felt comfortable against him, she felt awkward at the same time. "I noticed, but whenever you touch me, you look as if you want to be sick...are you okay?"

He said nothing, but he still held her...his look showed many emotions, though she wasn't sure how to translate them. "I do not feel like dancing anymore...I feel tired." She leaned against him and almost fell, but he caught her just before she did. His look was longing, and like he wanted to say something, but she assumed that he had nothing to say. "I have one more thing to ask...where will we go next?" She enquired.

Malone caught the girl as she stumpled, then flicked his head around and stared at the record player, it flipped upwards and fell into the Luggage, then he carried the girl down off the dance floor and placed her carefully down on the bench where he had sat earlier.

He leaned over the girl, and stared deep into her eyes, "You wish to know what my purpose is on this world? I have no purpose on this earth.....i am merely using it to find the Octavo's, once i have all seven, then my redemption will come. I will be able to start anew!" Malone's eyes glazed and he smiled and looked around, lost in his own thoughts.....

"Thats where we are going my dear, we are going to the 7 corners of the earth, and we are going to collect each of these books. When i was asking you to be my queen, it wasn't the queen of this puny planet, it was something far greater.....something worthy of our combined power!"

Malone was hit from the side, not in a physical sense, but from a blast, he felt something deep down, something was happening, not far away, something was coming, something with a great deal of power, he could feel the power of whatever it was emanating to his mind, it was mind boggling! Although, it wasn't one of the security daemons, they are nothing but bulking fools, this was mental power!

Malone staggered, this was amazing he had never felt anything so frightening in his life, sure he had felt supreme power, and malice and hate, but this was different this was pure lust and evil, this thing reminded him of himself when he was young, the thoughts of this thing smacked into Malone.....it was that creature from before! How did it ever get this powerful! Surely this thing was looking for Malone, Malone had felt vengence like that in his own heart....long ago!

Malone will have trouble on his hands if this thing found him with his current power level, he must make ground! Malone looked both ways, absolutely baffled on what move to make next, another feeling he had never felt before rose to his stomach.....fear

**slaps ollie, birdkiller and beefy and synthetic with the pipe from a vacuum cleaner, before unleashing his trained penguins to finish them**

Before Astarté could respond to Malone's idea, she watched him flinch and stagger off the bench. He looked fearful as he slowly gathered himself up again. "What's wrong?" she asked. He indicated to her that there was something out there, something powerful. She scanned the nearby area and shyed back quickly, and stuttured "He's back! But he's changed somehow..." she recognised him almost instantly. Her former master had since changed form and was back, though he was too far away to read.

She quickly turned towards Malone and heaved him up from the ground. "Come on...we're going to leave." He stood up and straightened himself out, he stood firm in his position, obvious to her that he refused to move, he was looking for a fight. "If you refuse to go with me...then I must stay as well, but I will be unable to protect myself. I was once trained in swordsmanship, but I have no weapon, you must protect us both." She stood alert, though she was not fearful, nor was she confident in Malone's ability, however, she too was adamant in her decision.

Malone stood straight, thinking.....was it worth it? He looked down at the girl, she was amazing, but he would rather be alive then be with her, and at his current power level, he had no chance of defeating his new opponent. He wipped his mouth with the sleeve from his shirt then came to a decision, it must be done....

He turned and strided towards the book, and picked it up, before opening the book he turned to the girl a face of stone imprinted on his features, "Run my dear, get away from here!"

Malone threw the ageing pages open and plunged his hand into the page, not ripping the paper, his hand simply fell through the parchment, becoming one with it, after a short wait the words from the page seemed to lift of the paper and up Malone's arm, they traveled up his arm, up his neck, and onto his face, they stayed there momentarily before disappearing.

Malone dropped the book, and staggered backwards screaming and clutching his head, summouning his power, "RUN MORTAL, NOW!!!!" His formed ripped as he said it, it burst instantly back into its Daemon form, the scream became a roar and he closed his eyes, the ground shook as he stumbled around in circles.

Then it stopped, and a low laugh emerged from the Daemon's body, making his chest heave up and down. He brought his head down and opened his eyes, they glowed a brillaint red that illuminated the entire area breifly, he held out his hands as the light faded and clenched his fists a few times, "The power, i can feel it, feel it flowing through me! Its, hahaha, auxilarating!"

Malone took a step forward and in a large circle under his foot everything began to rot and die instantly, eating out slowly killing everything that it came in contact with, whole trees fell out of the ground, crumbling under their own weight, birds fell out of their nets their bodies hitting the ground as nothing more then a feeble skeleton.

Malone let his eyes travel over the surrounding area and shrugged, then unraveled his wings and let his head fall over to one side, his eyes focusing on that small area so far away, where a pathetic young gargoyle was going through the thoughts of a low grade Daemon. Malone let out a long stream of telepathy straight at the Gargoyle, "Ehehehehe, greetings little one....death is coming for you!" Malone leapt from the ground in a large cloud of dust and launched himself in the direction of the gargoyle, and he was gone.....

Malone rages across the landscape at ear peircing speeds towards the gargoyle. Without warning a shape shifts from thin air. With less than a second reaction Malone yaws right feeling a pain only known by him. Malone spirals into the dirt like a highjacked plane into a field ash. Momentarily stunned the large daemon crawled from crater which entombed injured mass. Confused Malone wondered how the gargoyle got the upper hand... a power he didn't sense... it wasn't possible.

As he emerged he noticed the gargoyle had fled. Now pissed off more than ever before, Malone went to take flight in pursue of his would be assailant, to find that his left wing was now a stump oozing a black viscous fluid which if he was mortal would resemble blood. With his rage reaching that of which only daemon could reach he looked for his dismembered limb. Only to see his true attacker standing over his "personal effects".

Name: Phoez
    Being: Holy Undead Demonhunter : twisted by the plague that rules the earth.

"Whats wrong demon... missing something??"

Malone looks over to see a heavily bandaged, 5 foot rotting corpse wearing a tattered, once majestic cloak.

"FIEND!!... you will pay in damnnation for your doings"

Phoez hilts his glistening blade and shakes his fettered head.

"Foul beast... your time nigh in the dimension... the wraith Aziraphale is coming for you. Consider this encounter your first and only warning. We will meet again beast... very soon... we will meet again"

Malone lets out an scream loud enough to shatter any glass for a kilometre around... "I will slaughter you and all of your kind you FU...."

His sentence cut off by scream and intense psychic impulses from Asarté. Malone looked in her direction and then back to the demonhunters direction... again his rage increased as both the hunter and his wing were gone.

Malone started to run towards Asarté...

Malone stopped suddenly, cursing himself, the only reason why the girl was screaming was because of his lost limb! He concentrated breifly, and a brand new appendage....covered in slime and mucus, sprouted from wear the old one had been, 'removed'.....

He moved his hands around to his front and layed two large claws on his chest, a small orb of light appeared there before sinking in, the screaming from the stopped almost immediately. The healing complete Malone looked with hatred in his eyes at the retreating figure of the 'Holy Avenger', "Stop there you deshelved pile of rags!". Seeing that this had no effect Malone simply reached back, slowly charging a fireball, and threw it hard, the ball went in a large arc, coming down in front of the ugly....blowing it back wards, Malone leapt instantly flying at full speed at the falling body, by the time he got there, the 'mummy' was on fire, only in a few places though, and nothing serious.

This time Malone was more cautious around this one, he flew up high, out of its jumping range at least, and flapped slowly looking down at the hideous creature, with each flap of his wings the air that was forced down on the ground killed the grass and small shrubs that were around the being, although it didn't seem to have any effect to Phoez.

"Ok tough guy, what do you think your doing here? And more importantly how do you know that scum Aziraphale? Give me just one reason to drive you into the ground, where you came from, by the look of your dressing!" Saying this with a smirk Malone held out his hand, and his staff shimmered into the large claw, and with this Malone pointed the staff down at the beast as fire twirled and danced along the staff's length, he nodded his head towards Phoez, edging an answer.....

"Do your worst beast... ur pretty little fireworks don't cause me fear"

With this Malone arc's up an unholy holocaust of flame from his staff... igniting everything hundreds of metres. Silently, the now charred corpse of Phoez runs around like a naked guy with nipper attached to his willy. Malone looks down in content :flames:

He roars with laughter at the pathetic attempt of the hitman. "Thats it... that was pathetic, not even worth a thought in my superior head"

With this, Malone turns to fly back to Asarté still in fits of laughter. He notices the wind starting to pick up and dark clouds starting to appear. Malone think to himself they should seek cover for Asarté's sake from the upcoming storm. Again he shocks himself at the needless caring for this mortal.

As Asarté comes into visual sight, an arc of lightning strikes her, throwing her limp body several metres across the ground. Malone cracks through the air towards her unconscious body. He lands with a graceful trot and kneals over her.

Suddenly a pain he'd felt not minutes prior, he had felt again. Still hunched over Asarté's body... a sword pierced his wing, shoulder and forearm to the ground missing Asarté's throat by mere centimetres. Malone could feel the touch of holiness searing his flesh.

Phoez stood over the Malone in quandry. Phoez twisted the holy sword that he held in Malones flesh a little. Malone squirmed a little, and look back at Phoez a now smouldering less clothed corpse.

"Beast... if i did not know better i'd say you had feelings for this mortal"

Malone tries to get up but is stomped back down by Phoez's smoking foot. Malone mutters... "Get off me"

In all ignorance Phoez continues... "I was send here as your assassin from Aziraphale, Beast. But in light of what i have seen here I have doubts, perhaps there is redemption for you. These things i will ponder"

Phoez withdraws his sword and kicks Malone over Asarté's body... Malone whips about in time to see the smoking corpse shimmer from reality....

"I'll be back Beast..." and with that the weather return to its original state"

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread Information