Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: The World's Paradox (Role-Play)

Bhren sat up with a huge gasp and felt the object that lay on his chest, fall into his lap. Totally confused, Bhren sat there looked around the dank alcove where he sat. Directly in front of him a decent hole in the wall marked his entrance and just beyond that another hole with a little light creeping in barely lighting the alcove where he sat.

Trying to remember what happened, he stood up grabbing the book out of his lap. Putting his hand on his head, he last moments slowly came back to him, his uncle, the explosion and that IMP. "[I]So how am i still alive and so untouched or dead[\I]" Bhren looks down at the book he held in his hand. He flicked through the first few pages... there was nothing in it, he flick through the whole book and it was totally... empty.

Casting the book away "Lot of use this is to me...". As the book left his finger tip he felt a massive burn within his body, an energy that felt like his very soul was on fire. The surging energy soon overtook him, it felt like he was no long in control. A massive force dragged him through the floor boards and knee deep into the dirt below. Suddenly the energy leapt from his body in every direction.

The entire inn exploded... like a nuclear explosion within the inn shattered into trillions of pieces. Strangely it entire contents and inhabitants were left standing there mystified and totally unharmed. Sam the owner still looking down the street, felt a rush of air and pieces of wood and debris hitting him. He turned around to see his Inn gone. His jaw dropped, his eyes rolled into the back of his head as he promptly passed out.

Ogiratem now sitting in the middle of nowhere, looks around the shattered debris and bewildered people. Of everyone there he was probably the only one who knew the cause of this harmless destruction.

Bhren suddenly coming back in control of his body found the book back in his hand. "What the hell was THAT??? That really really hurt... i've never felt so much pain." Deciding that that was the last time he'd be throwing this book anywhere, he pulled his legs out of the dirt and dusted himself off. Looking around he caught eye of a hulking stranger getting out of his chair. The beast pointed directly at him... "YOU..."

Ham quietly chuckled, he hadn't had so much fun for weeks, maybe even months...

The circus people ran around so quickly, it was greatly amusing to catch them or impale them upon thrown tent poles. Searching about for a souvenir, Ham found Seshi, cowering under a bench.

"Seshi my buddy! What are you doing here? Why are you hiding? Stand up now." Seshi stood up, "Master Ham, why did you have to do that? You do this every month... Like last month when that parade ca- " "DON'T MENTION that parade ever again, I gave ALL MY MONEY to that 'money for the animals' guy, but he refused to yield ownership of any animals, when all I wanted was an elephant...." Tears streamed down Ham's face as he began to reminisce... "Anyway Seshi, we must get back to the sushi bar, bussiness should pick up any minute now" "Master" Seshi interrupted, "There's blood upon thy cloak" "Oh?" Said Ham, he looked around for a minute, then replaced his dirty brown cloak with a bright pink circus cloak.

Ham and Seshi arrives back at Friendly Jack's to find the door blown open, "Oh I say, Seshi, didn't you mention your violent cousin would drop by?"
    "No, I don't recall anything of the kind.."
    Ham thought for a moment,.... "Oh well, Jack can always buy a new door." Ham put out the sign saying 'open' and strolled merrily towards the kitchen, upon arriving he lay his eyes upon empty, dirty plates and the smell of cinders.... "Even the blowfish bladders are gone... That stuff could kill any normal man, or severely sicken any abnormal man" he walked towards the fridge for more supplies, before getting there he sees a strange looking man, the man awoke, he couldn't stand up and his limbs were jittering, he could not speak, only bark, Seshi could clearly see the man was blowfish-poisoned and terribly sick.

The man stared up at Ham, Ham studied the curious creature, "wow,.. Seshi, let's keep him!", Seshi began to speak; "Sir, he's obviously poisoned.." "Oh nonsense!" replied Ham, "Any normal man would have died from the amount of bladders that are missing, this is obviously one of those 'monkey' creatures i've heard about! Just look at him!", Seshi looked at the man, then turned to Ham, whose eyes were glowing bright yellow, with happiness. "Sir, you're insane," Ham decided not to hear that and quickly fetched a collar that his dog used to wear, he put it around the 'monkey's' neck and attached a tag that said 'Fred', "Seshi, get a dish of water ready! I'm taking Fred for a walk!" Seshi sighed...
    "The guerilla warrior lives like a snail, with his house on his back." - Che Guevara, Guerilla Warfare.

Ogiratem had just finished his first cup of cowfee and reaching for the pot when he the sounds of screaming and deaths of civilians floated through the door to his ears, he shot his eyes towards the doors and peered out to the road, he couldn't see much from his vantage point, except a few over-excited people dressed in strange clothing run past, he chuckled under his breath and finished pouring his cowfee, turning back to the table with a sigh and sipping at the mug, letting his still cold hands warm themselves on the toasty cup.

Moments later he heard another disturbing sound which made himself raise his tired limbs from the table, placing his hat firmly on his head and his glasses tightly over his eyes in one fluid motion, the sound of the explosion still ringing in his ears, he looked around, nothing had happened still in the inn that he was in, although he had heard a thump coming from behind the bar somewhere, the sound must have shocked someone back there as well, and made them fall. Ogiratem looked around quickly looked around bashfully making sure no one had noticed, he sat with traces of blush receeding from his cheeks.

Then something happened that just about made him roar in anger, the whole damn place exploded! Although he didn't move from his sitting position, the chair that he was sitting on disintergrated beneath him and fell to ashes at the ground, same with the table and the cowfee pot...at least he still held the mug in his hand and it seemed to be left un-scathed.

He rose, his knees cracking as he stood, argh! He hadn't had a good sleep in far too long! He looked around and saw what HAD to be the cause of the explosion.....not 15 metres away stood a young boy with quite a worried look on his face, looking from side to side totally astonished....but what set him apart from the rest of this motly group that surrounded him was, that he held the book of "Brigusitine".....Ogiratem raised an eyebrow and stepped over a crumbling piece of wood that lay on the ground in front, quietly sipping his Cowfee as he walked....this stuff tasted an awful lot like 'Coffee' back home, possibly that girl only pronounced it wrong? But no, this stuff had a different tint to its flavour, like something else had been mixed in....he nodded as he walked with a smile.

He nodded at the young man who stood bewildered...trying to remove a leg that was stuck in the ground, holding the book close to his chest, he licked his lips and bowed towards the boy, "You! Young man, whats your name, may i ask? And i'm sure you wouldn't mind telling me WHAT your doing with the book of Brigustine?"

:smokin:
    A fate worse than death is to be forgotten...

**slaps ollie, birdkiller and beefy and synthetic with the pipe from a vacuum cleaner, before unleashing his trained penguins to finish them**

"HUH?? ME??? the book of what?" Looking the large figure up and down, Bhren could help but feel he was about to get in deep trouble.

"Look mister, I'm real sorry about your place, I swear... I'll.. I'll.. pay you back. The book well, I really don't want to put it down. Last time i did that it really hurt and then when it stopped, POOF, the inn was gone and the book was back in my hand." Hugging the book a little harder to his chest, "Please don't make me go through that again."

Ogiratem watched the snivelling creature and shook his head, "I have no intention of hurting you sir, I am merely here to take that book, but it certainly seems we have ourselves quite the problem here doesn't it? Please dissist your gawking if you will sir, i am no kind of monster, at least not the type that will hurt you, get that into your head!"

After that quick burst of anger he stood tall and straightened his collor, making sure no-body was watching still, he didn't want un-due attention! Next he bent down in front of the young man, nearly down onto all fours and raised one hand to his collar, pulling it down slightly showing a piece of his neck....and the green-ish-blue skin that covered his body, then leaning his head in further to the boys and re-covering his fright-ful skin, he whispered to the boys face "Yes, thats right little one....i'm an Orc, i'm not proud of it, it was a mistake, but i am stuck with it now, thats how i got my 'frightening' height if you want to state it that way."

He stood again quickly making sure his collar was covering his skin correctly and straightening his coat, he looked back down to the boy that was holding the book like grim death, he let forth another one of his quick smiles, surprised that this young man had no problem with 'communicating' him, most humans get nervous after the first few sylabbles, let alone a few sentences, this one was doing well....

"You can relax your grip sir, i have no intention of stealing your 'grimouire', quite different, seeing though you seem to be quite attached to it, you can come along WITH me." Not even waiting for an answer Ogiratem turned on his heel and started to walk back in the direction of an alley that ran down the side of the Inn they were situated in, he turned his head over his shoulder, "Come along little master, we have a long walk...."

:smokin:
    A fate worse than death is to be forgotten...

**slaps ollie, birdkiller and beefy and synthetic with the pipe from a vacuum cleaner, before unleashing his trained penguins to finish them**

Zanath woke to find his stomach in blinding agony and a strange man putting a collar round his neck, a common stuation for him groaning he ignored the man for the moment and reached into his multidimesional pouch for something to quell his stoamch, and pulled out a rather long peice of twine. 'figures' he thought 'bloody perverse thing never gives me anything i want'.
    He was about to try again when his stomach suddenly spasimed and he vomited. right on hams foot. feeling much better Zanath decided to deal with the other problem.
    As ham was distracted by the vomit Zanath used a neat hand trick to flick the leash off his neck and around hams arm. he then flicked the twine around his legs and before Ham could react he was upside down hanging from the sushi resturant sign.
    wiping his hands and grining up at the astonished chef Zanath walked off. and tripped over the twine that had ended up attached to his foot.
    swearing profusely and even making the tied up ham blush Zanath reached into his pouch and drew out a feather, 2 peices of cake (which he ate) and a small stone. tickling ham with the feather to pass the time he said "blugger this" and cast a spell.
    The spell proceeded to set fire to the twine and freed Zanath, but it also freed ham who amdist the smouldering remains of his bonds seemed mightily pissed and his eyes were starting to turn red.
    Zanath smiled at him, kicked him in the groin and ran for the city gates, and into the crowd gathered around there.
    Cleverly diguised as a responsible adult

Malakai awoke suddenly to the sound of the city gates collapsing. He looked out his window and saw a rag-tag horde of bandits storming in through the breech. Some people never learned, he would have to teach these bandits the same hard lesson he taught the previous horde.

Fastening his swords and daggers to his back he set out at a run towards the south gate. He gasped as he rounded a corner to see the total devestation before him, someone or something had completely destroyed the gates and the poorly trained nd outnumbered guards were being slaughtered to a man. Malakai unsheathed his swords and roared with anger, they were destroying his favourite city gates.

Malakai started to run, building up speed and hitting the mob at a dead run. The first four to die never even saw what hit them, Malakai kept pushing forwards, giving them no quarter until he stood at the heart of the mob throwing the scum through the air like rag dolls.

Then a shadow fell upon him, he looked up, into the expressionless face of an undead warrior. He raised his sword to parry a mighty swing from the undead warriors huge sword, his sword shattered and his entire arm went numb. He fell to the ground and desperatley comcentrated on the forces of nature around him. Roots burst from the ground and ensnared the undeads feet, disrupting its sword swing just enough for him to roll out of the way.

Then, out of the tumultous maelstrom he heard a voice, it sounded like no more than a child "Don't flinch, the blade WILL hurt you. Who the hell ARE you?", he twisted to see a girl with blue? hair standing behind the necromantic abomination holding a knife to its back.

ooc: um, how the hell can you hurt an 8-foot tall undead zombie with a dagger?

OOC: zombie? ZOMBIE??!!??? I'll have you know I'm a SKELETON!!!!!! =P

Death lingered in the streets. Fallen raiders, villagers and the incompetently brave lay wounded or dying, victims of the swirling melee that centred around Araduun's mighty form. What once was a formidable barricade lay toppled behind him, opening the town for any who seized the oppurtunity and unleashing a horde that, though pitiful, wasted no time in battle. The latest heroic brave had thrown himself upon Araduun's sword arm, underestimating the power within it and now lay prone on the ground. Yet despite the battle erupting around him, and the villagers' fruitless attempts at assaulting the gothic figure, Araduun stood frozen in place. The naive child's voice hung in the air behind him, oddly out of place in such chaos.

He began to chuckle to himself, his armoured body shuddering with the deathly rumblings, startling the girl behind him. Araduun spun, the cloak whirling past his shoulder, revealing the deep, glossy black of his plate. In an instant the blue-haired girl had drove her dagger home, flicking out another and twirling it between the joins in the armour. With a clang the dagger disappeared, meeting no flesh as it penetrated. Heavy gauntlets grasped her arms, an iron grip clutching her against the dead creature's breastplate. Gasping, she flicked her head back, gazing into the darkness of a cowled hood, which was flung back with a sharp movement from her captor. The girl's face froze, a mask of terror and disbelief.

Pinpoints of light danced like flames in the depths of a skull's hollow eyes, bared and aged teeth grinning the smile of death back at it's captive. In a grating voice, Araduun replied to her abruptly cut off sentence: "no, I don't believe they will.....". To her credit, Araduun's prisoner regained her composure quickly.
    "But you still haven't answered my question!" she retorted.
    "If it means anything to you, I am Araduun, and threats have little hold over me. I go where I will, and do what I please, the details being no business of the likes of you."
    In a flash he slid his arm around her neck, and continued: "But now it's your turn....."
    Accept that some days you are the pigeon, and some days, the statue

Adele smiled smugly.

"Oh, Araduun, darling, I had no idea you liked to get intimate on the first meeting..." She said managing to escape his breath-depriving, tight-fisted grasp. She gave him a mock look of longing staring into his black hood, then laughed joyfully as he stood back.

"Well, I see you aren't one for feeling emotion." She said linking arms with him. "I see you're awfully strong. Make sense as to how you could open the gates. It's never been opened for a couple of centuries according to history, after the war and all. But I shouldn't know anything about that."

She loosened the grip on his arm and smiled broadly as she watched him relaxed and sigh with relief.

"What I wanted to know is why are you here...and what are you, to correct myself, you must be the ugliest thing I've seen come in. Even FROM the outer ranges of the Blacklands and beyond. Because I am a gutsy woman, Araduun, I prefer for myself to ask questions first, then it's your turn...see where I'm coming from now?"

She looked at him earnestly, she wished she had an indication of what he was feeling, it was hard to tell considering he shared no expression whatsoever even more so by the fruitless sound of his voice.

ooc: Waaaah! Peach! My character is 25, how can she sound like a child. I will dare to make a confrontation next time...again, because Adele has no idea who Araduun is, or WHAT he is, she would do the same regardless. It's just obvious here that she doesn't realise that he's undead, hence, she has asked. And who can tell what someone is if they attack from the back, especially with a dark hood (ugly dead guy's cliché) *scoffs* (What did you do to the bar/inn? ...I think. I was rather lenient on the rules after all. *goes off to her site*)

Edit: Because Sean is fussy...*whacks him*:hammer:
    "Water is shapeless...you put it in a cup, it becomes the cup. You put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. There can only be one thing. 'Be like water'" - Bruce Lee

Ham was rather bemused by what had happened,.. "Wow, I've heard that monkeys are cheeky... But it's rather amusing how they don't know quintessons have no genitals..."

Seshi was setting up tables when he heard Ham begin sobbing.
    "Master, what happened?"
    "Fred ran away" he replied,
    "phew, at least that saves me embarrassment"
    "NONSENSE SESHI! We must find him at once! The poor thing probably wouldn't survive a day in this town!"
    Seshi looked at ham sideways, amused yet bemused yet annoyed. "Okay, I give, i'll watch the store while you 'find Fred'"
    hearing this, Ham quickly shadow-walked around the entire town, it took him exactly six minutes, "I can't find Fred" said Ham.

Just then, the replacement chef arrived to work his shift. Seshi went home, Ham decided to wander the streets.

Ham went to 'The Mountain King' an upbeat open-all-night bar downtown full of interesting critters. "I'll have six shots of the hard stuff bartender!" Ham said, bursting through the door,
    "ahh, Mister Ham. The hard stuff eh? what's the special occasion?"
    "I'm sad" Ham replied, "My monkey ran away"
    "Oh really? When I was seven, my monkey ran away, his name was Timmy... He liked peanuts, oh god did he love peanuts, he would just sit on my lap all day eating peanuts and when he wanted to poop he would tug on my moustache and I would take him outside and he would poop in our neighbour's winemaking tub, which was rather funny becaus-.... ... ... So,... the hard stuff is it?"
    Ham sat there confused... How could a seven year old have a moustache?

Ham drank all night, six shots became twelve, twelve shots became ninety-nine, hard stuff became 'harder stuff' basically Ham was really drunk.
    "Damn mister, if you weren't an engineered quintesson you'd be dead" said a young mage sitting beside him.
    Ham smiled and began to slur, "How dho yohu know i'm an engineered quintesshon?"
    "Because I was hired to kill you!" said the mage as he erupted into a deadly stream of fire, aimed directly at Ham's head,
    "Um,.. Friehnd, you dho know magic doesn't hurt quintesshons don't you? Cllaassic rookiee mishhhhtaekk"
    "Really?" inquired the assassin, "maybe this will be more effective" said he as he pulled out a flanged mace, double-headed and painted with the assassin's coat of arms,
    "Oh no you don't!" Screamed the bartender as he smashed a chair on the mage's head, knocking him unconscious,
    "Thanksh mannnn" said ham, right before falling into a liquor drunkened sleep.

ooc: please don't take advantage of me while i'm
    "The guerilla warrior lives like a snail, with his house on his back." - Che Guevara, Guerilla Warfare.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread Information