Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: The World's Paradox (Role-Play)

Zanath turned to watch the human leave the bar then turned back to the armour. Which seemed to be ignoring him. reaching into his pouch his hand grasped a pot, withdrawing his find Zanath found that he had got a pot of pink paint.
    Zanath grined evilily and upended it on top of the animated armour. As it stood up spluttering with rage he turned tail and ran out of the bar, past a dark elf lying in the mud and down a side street.
    After a sutible amount of time (and lifting several items from store fronts) he wandered back onto a main street and followed the faint voice of Ham up to the base of the tower.
    Seeing a battle about to commence Zanath found a nice rock and sat down to wait and look for an inopertune time to barg in on the wrong side.
    Cleverly diguised as a responsible adult

Bhren holding his jaw looked on as the two squabbled, then suddenly he felt Ogiratem's hand reef him off the ground. Shaking him like a rag doll, the large man barks -
    "If you value HIS life, you won't let me take him back to my employer still attached to this damn book! Have you got my drift my friend?"

Dropping back to the ground Bhren tried to protest but his just clicked and he got nothing more than a sigh out, a painful one. Adele started her retorts and Bhren couldn't do anything more than stand there in silence. Again looking at the two, seeing them glare at each other with angst, Bhren couldn't help but feel uneasy with both of them.

"The book has preserved his life. To remove it would be death to him. I care not for you mission, but if you kill the boy, then I have no choice but to kill you too. He is the one, I know it. We should venture to a library to find how we can exorcise the book from him but still be able to keep his life. I will not let him die under your control, do you hear me?"

Looking at Adele glaring back at Ogiratem, Bhren still wasn't overly convinced. Neither of the two had the same intentions for the book and that would only lead to a lot of turmoil for Bhren considering he was the one in the middle. Forgeting his jaw, Bhren thrust his mouth open to say something and with a painful crunch it popped back into place. They both looked at him wincing in pain... "I don't suppose 'I' have a say in this at all..."

Ogiratem booming over the top of the small boy... "NO!!!". Bhren cowered back covering his face fearing another backhand from the giant. Adele stabbed the half-orc with her eyes, "Don't speak to him like that!!" And the two started to argue once more.

Bhren decided to take the opportunity to get away from them both. With the two arguing loudly, he peeped "i'm just going... to... the toilet, yes the toilet!" With little attention paid to him, Bhren made his way into a nearby establishment, ran past a whole bunch of drunken people and straight out the back door. Running down some back passages he made his way over the remaining rubble of the gate and out into the wasteland in search for the imp that plagued his past.

He felt the dagger yanked from his hand, he watched the girl turn her back and flick her hair over her shoulder with a smirk, Ogiratem's fist curled as he prepared to take the girls head from her shoulders in one clean blow, but as he prepared his strike, his sense came back to him, What am I doing? What has this girl done to make me so mad? his hand fell back to his side quickly with an embarrsed look spreading over his face. Ogiratems hand flew out and grabbed the girls elbow and he dug his long fingers in between the joints with precision, she screamed and her arm flew out straight, Ogiratem's other hand grabbing the dagger out gently, fluently the blade slided up his sleeve, and with that he put both hands behind his back and glanced down at the girl with another wink over the crest of his glasses.

"Removing this book from the boy? You think we can do it without loosing little sir's life?" Ogiratem looked down with a releived sigh to where the boy had stood to let him know the good news, his head tilted in confusion when he saw nothing more then blank ground, "Where did he get to now?" Ogriatem turned looking over his shoulder and then back to the girl, "Now look what you've done! Did you see where he went? It seems we are working for equal goals, we might as well look for him together......."

:smokin:
    A fate worse than death is to be forgotten...

**slaps ollie, birdkiller and beefy and synthetic with the pipe from a vacuum cleaner, before unleashing his trained penguins to finish them**

ooc: Just occured to me that Vespertine and her sword are reminiscent of Viconia and the sword Lilacor...is it just me, or have I been playing too much BGII?

Her elbow buckled under the pain it received from her assailant.

"You *******..." She slapped him forcefully with her free hand bringing it up openly to his cheek with sharp contact.

"The boy has run away can't you see. I don't blame you or myself. He has done it on his own accord. For you to openly blame me shows your immaturity, leave me be and let the boy die, you'll never get that book back in one piece." She flinched still feeling the beating pain rise up into her arm. Giving him a dark glare which was reflected back to her in the very same way she left him alone to find Sam.

"Poor Sammas...he must be heartbroken." She thought to herself sadly shaking her head while gently cradling her injured elbow.
    "Water is shapeless...you put it in a cup, it becomes the cup. You put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. There can only be one thing. 'Be like water'" - Bruce Lee

Ogiratem watched as the girl stomped off rubbing at her elbow, he shook his head, silly girl! Patting around on his person he started to walk slowly forward, pulling a small object from a pocket to his side, he rubbed a hatch on the side and the object he held sprang into action, growing to at least twice the size that it was before, growing to fit exactly into the 'mans' hand, with that Ogiratem lightly thumbed a few patches on the device and placed it to his ear.

"Hello sir.....sorry sir, i know you are busy, it won't happen again......yes i know sir, i am most sorry.........I am calling to let you know that this book is proving more difficult to acquire then thought..........yes it is her, but there is something else...........a young boy has become fused to........yes thatís right sir.......sorry sir..........What sir?...........no Iím sure thatís not necessary........ok then sir if you insist.........45 minutes sir? Certainly, Iíll be expecting you.........thank you si....."

There was a gentle sigh from Ogiratems clenched lips as he continued to walk after the retreating girl. Taking a double look around at his surroundings, making sure the girl wasn't leading him to a trap, he looked into a bar that he was passing and had to suck in his stomach and bend his back as a projectile flew threw the door, his eyes followed it as it hit the ground a slid for many meters, it turned out to be another small girl, wow! Girls in this city were certainly obsessed with fighting! "Weak people shouldn't fight little one...." He called over to the sliding figure.

Turning back to Adele he started to walk quicker, stretching his long legs out and quickly catching up to her, as he walked, he had reached into one of the many pockets and withdrew a small blue packet and pressed hard into a button on its underside, there was a long hiss and a cloud of white smoke, as he walked to the girls side she threw him a venomous look, nearly throwing some sort of insult obviously, but before she could Ogiratem reached down and grabbed the arm he had 'hurt' before and stuck the ice pack to it, "Be calm little miss, i didn't MEAN to hurt you or offend you, but i would appreciate your assistance."

**slaps ollie, birdkiller and beefy and synthetic with the pipe from a vacuum cleaner, before unleashing his trained penguins to finish them**

"The NERVE of that guy!" Vespertine was spluttering, she had now drawn herself onto her feet. She stared at the shapeless mass of a human as he proceeded to catch up with the victim of his attention. She couldn't even be sure he was even a human, but she knew a two things: people who harass women and their children should be taught some manners, and that it was a BIG mistake to call her weak!
    "How dare he call me a weakling! Vector, you know what to do!" she shouted to her weapon. Instantly, the foil changed into a small rock, big enough to fit in the lithe lady's hand. She hefted it in her throwing arm, and with a good whiff, sent it sailing into the back of the rude man's head. The rock changed back into a duelling blade and floated back to his companion. She snatched him up and locked him into her gauntlet. She slowly trudged forward and made some clumsy slashes with her blade.
    "OI! You there, yeah. You heard me! Get back here and tell me that to my face!" Her face was boiling with rage, her eyes were nearly churning with crimson flames. She had bared her teeth like those of a wild animal, one that paid close attention to dental hygiene and regularly flossed. She was ignoring the visible restrictions that her wall of armour afforded her, imbued with some sort of astonishing strength. She strode right up to the ugly humanoid and stared up into it's eyes, her own searching for an answer.
    "Well? Who do you think you are?" the dark elf spat out like poison.
    "Yeah, your head is really hard, like a brick! I should know because I was one once!" butted the master sword.
    Vespertine shot off her nasty gaze, you could've thought she was trying to turn him to stone with the intensity of it.
    "I'm waiting..."

Adele felt the sudden released coolness against her and calmed the inflamed skin at her elbow. She stepped back hastily.

"Don't touch me..." She whispered coldly, refusing to keep eye contact. The orc was definitely offended, but stood his ground. She looked up to see a dark skinned-elf talking to her ...sword?

Her response to the heavily cloaked man was cut short. "...I should...ah!!" She grit her teeth in pain as she quickly drew a dart from the back of her neck. Adele looked at it helplessly before falling back into to the orcs arms defenceless.

ooc: Not poisoned, but unconscious. Why me, damn helpless females.
    "Water is shapeless...you put it in a cup, it becomes the cup. You put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. There can only be one thing. 'Be like water'" - Bruce Lee

Malakai walked into the smiths workshop and stepped in front of a man talking to the smithy and said "you know what i want". The smithy began to glance round nervously as he walked over to a cubboard and pulled out a two-handed sword. The sword was metallic green in colour and had many intricate runes inscribed upon it, the smithy handed it to Malakai "you didn't get this from me" he murmured.

Malakai held the sword out and examined the craftsmanship, well made and the runes were done properly as well, a very good sword indeed. He sheathed it amd left, he had some sushi chef to hunt.

Bhren stumbling over the huge pieces of gate wreckage climbed down into the sand of the outland. Looking around, he caught sight of small imprints in the sand, gritting his teeth Bhren ran off in the direction of the footprints.

After twenty minutes, the footprints started to fade as the winds gently blew them from the ground. "DAMN IT... damn that thing, I'll get you you little *******!!!" His cursive words echoing off the rocks and across the outland. In frustration, Bhren collapsed in the shade of a large rock formation and started to sob. Placing his book by his side, Bhren cupped his face in his hands and continued to cry openly.

Three nomadic bandits refuging in a nearby cave heard the weeping echo of the boy. The men emerged from their dwelling and jumped down from the rocks surrounding the boy. The leader of the trio spoke, "Pick him up and see what he's got on him boys." With that the two pleb bandits grabbed Bhren under the armpits lifting him off his feet. Going through his pockets one the bandits replied, "Hey boss, nothing but lint and this book 'ere" and with that he threw the leader the book.

The head nomad caught the book in time to see his friends' clothes explode from their back and their arms torn from their sockets. The two naked and armless men stumbled back and passed out in shock. The remaining bandit looked on in horror as the small boy lifted his head to reveal dark burning eyes.

"W...W..W..What in the HELL are you?!?!"

The boy opened his mouth and like a vacuum a cyclonic force wind rushed into his lungs ... his name came forth...

"..............G-BHREN................"

The intense rush ripped the bandit off his feet and briefly dragged him towards G-Bhren. The semi-submerged boy walked towards the man like the earth around him was water. The distrorted nomad scrambled to his feet and started to run off. The emotionless G-Bhren started to eminated a darkened glow, within seconds a massive surge of energy was released.

An enormous implosion ripped all matter towards G-Bhren from fifty metres away in all directions. The implosion was followed by a sound equalled by a nuclear explosion as air cracked in to fill the void. Surrounding rock formation crumbled under the force of the shockwave produced. A two metre sphere of dense matter surrounded G-Bhren, dropped and smashed into the crater floor. It slowly cracked in half and a smoking Bhren emerged as if from an egg... with book in hand.

"WHOA... that was cool!!" Suddenly it occurred to him that his transformation didn't cause him pain. Wiping some left over tears from his eyes, he crawled out of the crater. A light wind blew across his face as he looked back at the silouhette of his town on the horizon. Taking a deep breathe, Bhren started to trek back to his home town with his new found confidence.

Ogiratem gasped as Adele fell backwards into his arms, he raised an eyebrow as he heard a quiet snoring arise from the girls mouth, quickly followed by a snort, Ogiratem's eye's travelled down to her hand, and noticed a long dart that she held, putting two and two together, Ogriatem reached up with his free hand and turned her head slowly, moving the smooth hair away from her neck, and surely enough, there was a small, slowly bleeding prick in the back of her neck.

Ogiratems eyes gravitated up from the small wound, not moving his head though, looking at the other girl from beforel, she was holding a long sword in her grasp, and she seemed to be........talking to it? Then her eyes glared up into Ogiratem's, he flicked a smile breifly at her, she started screaming profanities at him, Ogiratem raised an eyebrow, "Say your weak? Well little one I must admit...you didn't SEEM to be winning that fight back there, and the UN-weak usually don't get thrown 50 meters across a field..." before Ogiratem had a chance to ask about the conversation with the sword the young Dark Elf grunted at him, and her glare got more furious.

He bodily hefted the girl higher up his arm so he could carry the girl easier, with this, Ogiratem took a step forwards, getting closer to the 'aggresive' little girl, Ogiratem studied her face breifly, wow! She was one of those Dark Elves from over the mountains, they're supposed to be pretty rare, although they aren't exactly known for their 'swordsman' skills....more of a theif then a warrior, so either this girl is a merit to her race.....or she is ignorant.

Ogiratem took another step with the neutral look, and was VERY shocked when the young Elf took a jab at him with the sword, missing him by mere centimetres, as he tryed to spin Adele out of the way as well....yep, as i thought....just ignorant.....the Dark Elf took a few more very 'loose' jabs at Ogriatem, the orc bending of moving to the side easily as the sword cut nothing more then air as it moved.

Ogiratem shook his head with disappointed, and with a fluid spin he stood calmly beside the now stunned girl that looked up at him, this time he pulled his glasses down his nose slightly with his free hand, and as he lowered it to his side, "Now little miss, what did i say about the weak fighting?" the hand at his side flew to the girls cheek like lightning, giving her a sturdy backhand, she fell to the ground, "If i ever catch you hurting anyone with out just-cause again, trust me little one, your punishment will be worse...."

As the small Dark Elf crumpled, Ogiratem turned and put Adele on the ground as gently as he could, as he looked down, he nearly left her there, standing and preparing to walk away, but as he looked down at her, he raised an eyebrow, such a strange, stubborn young creature she was! He patted his pockets and nodded, reaching down inside his collor, after a bit of rummaging in the recesses of the many pockets, his mouth twitched a smile, and he drew out a vial.

He un-wound the lid, making sure to keep it away from his face, and then knelt again beside the girl and waved the container warily under her nose and then brought it away quickly, putting the lid on and slipping it back down his coat. As his hand came back out, the girl's eye's sprung open and she sat bolt upright with a sneeze and rubbed at her nose.

"Good morning little one, how was your sleep?"

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread Information