Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Oops! speeding

i got done for 70 in a 60zone a few months back. Camera got 158 ppl in 1 hr, was on a hill where the 80 zone starts at the bottom.

wasnt in my car either :(
    TT Original

I just got my permit, and sometimes you don't even know your speeding! It just feels like thats the speed you should be going. Unfortunatly the speed that I 'feel' is right is often 5-10 mph over the speed limit :/ I better learn how to drive slower...
    Box:
    [Mobo] Asus A7N8X w/ Modified 1003 Uber BIOS w/ Custom Boot logo
    [CPU] Athlon XP 2200+ Thoroughbred
    [Memory] 512 Samsung PC3200 DDR400 w/ Copper Heatsink(s)
    [Video Card] Geforce 3 ti200 128 DDR Special Gold Edition

Cooling
    [Case] All aluminum Skyhawk case w/ custom cut blowhole
    [HSF] Volcano 11 Xaser Edition
    [Northbridge] ThermalTake Crystal Orb
    [Southbridge] Aluminum Northbridge heatsink attatched

Operating System:
    [OS] Windows XP Pro w/ SP1

Are you sick of poor quality 128k mp3's that sound inferior to regular CD's you buy in the store? Do you long for the exact sound of a CD with absolutly no quality loss, and at practically half the size of a normal CD? CD's get scratched all the time, and FLAC is great for archiving all those good copies of your classic rock, and backing them up to save forever. FLAC unlike mp3, or ogg vorbis is what is called a lossless format. This means that no quality whatsoever is lost from the origianl disk. Lossy formats such as ogg vorbis, wmv, and moreover mp3 are usually flat sounding, and full of hissing and dullness because they discard and literally throw out important information that controls how good the CD will sound. Using FLAC will ensure the crystal-clear clarity that you can expect from a freshly opened CD. Instead of flimsy CD cases that snap and CD's that scratch easily, and are inevitably summoned to a poor scratched up death; FLAC files can be stored in a tough metal box known as your Hard Disk. FLAC putting life back into digital audio. If you own legit copies of CD's and seek for them pre-FLAC'd for all your digital listening needs please shoot me a PM for more information.

You had to get done eventually cam just lucky it wasn't over 200k/h ;)

I've got 6 demerits left thanks to my lack of judgement doing 141km/h in a 100km/h zone... :-/

$360AUD fine too
    SileNceR, Messenger of the Dark and the Night. To post quality, or not to post at all, THAT is the Question - Never again ask what can my post count do for me besides increasing my ego, but instead ask what can I do to help someone else!
    Overclockers Melbourne (http://www.ocmelbourne.com).

Yeah... and considering today I took a Toyota Soarer for a test drive today it's not a good thing really since these beasts have a top end speed of 300km/h.

Decided not to buy - not what I expected.
    Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
    Managing Director
    Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Tweak
    Yeah... and considering today I took a Toyota Soarer for a test drive today it's not a good thing really since these beasts have a top end speed of 300km/h.

Decided not to buy - not what I expected.
    what did you expect?
    rig changes too much
    dual boot: WinXP SP1, Mandrake 9.2

Quote Originally Posted by mjmnam
    what did you expect?
    Quicker - it was really nice and smooth but not as fast as I thought it would be.
    Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
    Managing Director
    Tweak Town Pty Ltd

what model was it cam?
    inline 6
    TT6
    or V8?
    TT Original

Soarer's in their native form are luxury cruisers. They are now known as the Lexus SC400.

The V8 has power, but power for cruising with ease. The V8 also only comes in Automatic flavor for this reason.

The TT has more power than the V8. They are also extremely responsive to modifications, easy to gain heaps of extra power. Coupled with a manual transmission they are a very quick cruising car.

If you want quick, take a TT supra for a spin :D

Go check out Sports and Luxury cars in Ferntree Gully.

http://www.sportsluxurycars.com.au/

Craig Dean is the manager and races in Targa in his Supra and Supercharged V8 soarer.

Decent bloke that knows what his stuff :thumb:
    Quick!!.Pack your bags!!

The Elephants are coming!!

Supra TT and Soarer have the same engine, right?
    BTW Drift Kning also races the Soarer. A nice sight in a place full of AT86 (toyota corolla) and Silvias.

Quote Originally Posted by kane2g
    Supra TT and Soarer have the same engine, right?
    Nope

The Supra TT has the 2JZ-GTE 3.0 Litre 6cyl DOHC Twin Turbo
    The Soarer TT has the 1JZ-GTE 2.5 Litre 6cyl DOHC Twin Turbo

The 2JZ is a very nice engine, capable of some serious power.

As with most cars, in stock form they are fairly sedate compared to what they can really do with a bit of work :)
    Quick!!.Pack your bags!!

The Elephants are coming!!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread Information