Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: brandnew rear speakers crackle! HELP

You may have an issue of grounding, make sure verything is set how weta said

ok sweet, il try that out tonight..thanks a lot for all your help...ohh and one last thing..what is a loom, im not a car whize so help me out
    Lostprophets-

I've heard all your whining
    All this talk behind my back
    The time is coming
    The time is now for our attack
    A new sun rising
    A new one in your world of black
    Don't try to stop this
    You will break like glass

A simple Google Search came up with thousands of hits, I think you can find one

If it was me i would just be testing a new set of wires first
    Also i would be checking the earths as mentioned above and check all the connections on the back of the head unit.

Most likely the wires running thru the car will be shorting. This was the case with my rear speakers in my nissan.

Do the speakers have a whining noise with the crackling when you turn the engine on? Had a similar problem in my falcon with alternator noise.

ahhh ha i got it..it was the spark plug wires!!! who woulda figured.thanks a lot for all of your help:cheers:
    Lostprophets-

I've heard all your whining
    All this talk behind my back
    The time is coming
    The time is now for our attack
    A new sun rising
    A new one in your world of black
    Don't try to stop this
    You will break like glass

you still should ensure that the speakers dont have contact with the car's chassis metal-to-metal as you say because in a car the chassis is ground for most electricity; hence if you ever have any other grounding issues they may damage your speakers, this is likely why the spark plug leads were causing the crackling; they were shorting to ground
    SileNceR, Messenger of the Dark and the Night. To post quality, or not to post at all, THAT is the Question - Never again ask what can my post count do for me besides increasing my ego, but instead ask what can I do to help someone else!
    Overclockers Melbourne (http://www.ocmelbourne.com).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information