Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Monaros being shipped to US

I know 2 people with the 5.7 GEN III Commodore (monaro is a 2 door commodore , jedi )

The 1st had to have new Pistons and rings fitted after 6 months

The 2nd cars motor started *pinging* (family man not petrolhead)
    which holden took back for service for 2 weeks but never told him exactly what it was

Still these problems dont reflect on the race track as we all know
    Athlon XP 1800 + @ 1600
    Gigabyte Ga-7va KT-400
    ASus Gf4 Ti 4200 128
    Seagate Barracuda III
    512mb Kingmax DDR 333

Let me gett this strait. Commodore = Lumina, and 2 door Commodore = Monaro, so a Monaro is a two door lumina. OK. Not the raciest of all cars, but quick. They also stopped shipiping luminas to the US in 97, so....

I read somewhere that in the US the monaro will be sold under the pontiac marque.
    Sure it was those inocent looking sheep~!

Beefy Guest

Just a little story about a friend of mine.. His parents got the new monaro two weeks ago.. paid around $62,000 AUS for it I think.. anyways.. my friend was driving it around town.. A cop pulled him over and asked to have a look.. So he showed him around.. next night - got caught doing 3 laps of a roundabout. was the same cop.. let him off with a warning (because he showed him the car before)....

Then, to top it off, the guy got clocked doing 159kmh in a 100kmh zone.. It was the same cop... The cop dropped the reported speed to 129kmh.. all because of the monaro....

It's amazing what a good car can do.. :D

rofl

hello officer, would you like to have a look at this fine beast of a corolla?

no?

oh well.
    TT Original

There is no way in hell that would happen here (SoCal) cops are way to tight. Many are pricks, but most are just too involved with there jobs to understand that speeding isnt always bad, or drinking in public doesnt require a public beating, or smoking .... well ill leave it at that.

And if the officer is looking for an older family car, he might just take a look around and offer you a price. One in a million thou.

Hey I had a cop that affter looking at my 87 corrola he lowed the charge, dvanage of driving an old ladies car.

And the monaro is not just a 2 door lumina, the roof is lower (big fkn whoop) and all austrailian cars a crap any way.
    Athlon XP 1600+ @ 1662Mhz | Volcano 7+ HSF | Soltek SL-75DRV5 | 256MB Corsair XMS-3000 DDR RAM | 44x44x24 Yamaha CDR-W F1 | 16x Liteon DVD | 40Gig 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda | 20Gig 5400rpm Seagate | GeForce2 MX-400 | SB Live! | RTL8139A NIC | RTL8139B NIC | 12 Fans | 1 x ss Blue cc | 2 x Red Neons | 450W Codgen PSU | Logitech Z-340 2.1 Sub and sats | 17" Osborune Monitor | Win XP Pro | M$ explorer rat and keyboard | Everglide Attack Optical

Now I'm all for a stick-shift fella's:thumb:
    Fact of the matter though, is you gotta' be the hard-shiftin' mofo from hell to get the gears quicker that a fine tuned automatic tranny.
    You will find yourself losing ground on those shifts when you come up on an automagic that's been gone through by an expert.
    The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

It's too expensive to rebuild an auto for best performance to your power curve. And most ppl dont do it anyway. An auto on a new car from factory - fast, but one on a car that has been modded - holding the car back.

A stick is more fun anyway.

I know a couple guys that could do up an automatic that I assure you would not dissapoint you in any way whatsoever.
    One of them owns his own transmission shop - we went to school together.
    The other is a mechanic by trade and builds his own bracket racers for fun & profit.
    They got what it takes - no BS!

No argument though, a stick is more fun:thumb:
    The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information