Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 4X4 tweak attempt idea, Honda Civic turned off road?

Default 4X4 tweak attempt idea, Honda Civic turned off road?

i have a ordinary honda civic dx 4dr sedan, i want to see if i can turn it into a 4x4 tuff vehicle, i know honda made a civic wagon with 4x4 an want to try and see if i can do the same to my civic, then add a raise on the body and a sett of beefeyer tires, its not impossible bu i want to see how cheap can do it, if i do it

Default Re: 4X4 tweak attempt idea, Honda Civic turned off road?

Wow that would be unbelievably not worth the expense. Even then, a sedan really has no business in the offroad area. To do the conversion, you would need a new transmission and refit the rear wheels with new drive components. Not to mention a new engine because your engine would be seriously underpowered to even try to move a car with a serious off-road kit and wheels. The suspension would probably have to be a complete custom job as I know of absolutely zero lift kits made for a Honda Civic. It would be possible, but it would probably cost more than what the car is worth and would look ridiculous. I would just buy a new truck and modify that. Heck, it may even be cheaper. The structural integrity of the frame would also be questionable for the Civic in an off-road application. Bottom line: Not worth the expense, time, money, or safety risk.

but i still want to do it, i really hate the twak out inner city civics and want to d the opposite

Well, like I said, you can do it. It is just gonna take alot of money and resources. So far, I think you would need a new engine, transmission, redone front and rear suspension, new exhaust system, add drive capability to rear wheels, skid plates, and frame reinforcing.

i was thinking less offroad but more 4 wheel capability, i was goint to rais te car anyway, to go better in snow, the suspention is sot now anyway

Well the just the addition of rear wheel drive capability is still gonna be expensive and your still gonna need a new transmission and you might as well get a better engine if you can.

Why not just get the chasis from a CJ5 and drop your civic shell on it. You can work the mounts on it from there.
    Still learning about Computers, I ask because I don't know.

that defeats the point, it needs to be the frame from a civic,
    its not hard to reinforce so i m not worried about stability.
    its not that i hate lagitamit tuner car racers just htere are to many 'posers' around where i live who make there cars look an sound like a tuner but run like S**T.
    I want to shock them a little

Front end and rearend/transfer case/ Transmission/ Engine/ Lift/suspension. Nothing from the Civic stock frame will do this for you unless you do a lot of cutting and welding. Basically you will end up with parts from all over america on a Japanese rice burner. Unless you start thinking of that Samurai jeep frame and I won't tell anyone.
    Still learning about Computers, I ask because I don't know.

I know nothing about cars, but I've also got a Honda Civic that I'd like to just have lifted. This is the only place I've even seen mention of doing this. I don't do off-roading, I just want the ability to get it up some of the dirt trails in the mountains where I hike and climb, that require slightly higher-clearance vehicles. I don't even need 4WD, I just want higher clearance to get over a few of the ruts and stuff like that that it currently can't handle but my friend's jeep (stock, no changes) can. And I don't want to have to buy a new car, cause I love my Civic (gas mileage, reliability, etc).

So, how much would it cost me to get it lifted by someone who knows what they are doing? I'm just looking for an estimate before I decide to pursue this. Any ideas?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information