Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: What type of Car do you drive?

So what are you then just some rycer out there that likes to put $20K worth of steroids into your car? And fake power and drop your car half an inch off the ground? I can understand you not likeing the look but how do you figure not a great muscle car manufacturer? How do you figure that the corvette has lost its prestigue?

oh ya and I'm glad you got beat by the Z28 you deserved it.

Actually I only got a corked shoulder out of that. ;)

lol that's good......atleast its not what happen with my dad where that guy became the hole in his hood lol.

Quote Originally Posted by ReSpAwN DeMoN
    oh ya and I'm glad you got beat by the Z28 you deserved it.
    Im actually glad i did to, it was a built '70 and it blew my doors off. I knew i would lose, but it was the day after my friend got done putting the 12" (wide) Mickey Thompson's in the back, and i wanted to be the first person to lose to him. C'mon, i knew my 150Hp Porsche was no match for a 400-ish Hp true muscle car (Hp is vague, dyno's next week).

And wat do you mean i deserve it? You don't even know me. I told you i don't like the way F-bodies look. The newest ones being the worst. And its not like my opinion is that of a sole dumbass, they are discontinuing them. They are plenty of nice looking GM products, the Corvette being the best looking, and i am rather fond of what you guys call a Monaro, i think that'll be a badss car when it comes over here. Im drawing a blank as to what they're gonna call it. Pontiac somthing, anyone help?

As far as the Corvette losing it's prestige, it has. Every Tom, Dick, and Harry with enough money to afford $45k is gonna buy a Vette. I see atleat two of them every time i drive 5 miles. Thats not Prestige. Corvettes used to be something you'd clean out your garage and make a parking spot for. Now people who own them don't even have the decency to wash them once a week (not everyone) The Corvette is a badass car, it always has been, and hopefully, always will be. But badass-ness doesn't not inherently mean prestige. A Corvette can take a Carrera in the 1/4mile. But which is a better car? Back in the 60's Corvettes could do the same thing, and people still knew the answer was the Porsche. Maybe its better technology, better mass-producing methods, better warranty, a lower price, or less quality. Im not sure, but the Vette, and every other GM product for that matter, isn't what it used to be.

And im not a rickety racer, im a Porsche guy. I dont think ill ever buy a japanese car for sport, thou i could be wrong. And not that im im saying your wrong, but how do you drop $20K of steroids into a car and get fake power? Im really asking you.

Well it was all about when you said the F-Body is stupid and GM isn't a great muscle car manufacturer. I don't care about whether you don't like it or not. As I said in the previous post. Its not about looks here. You also said "you like to make fun of f-bodies" I didn't really take a likiness to that statement either.

I 100% agree with you with the corvette. Actually make that 210%. I don't like how the fact that the vette you see on every corner. Its really not cool. I mean it should be exactly how you said. You rarely see a porsche but you see porsche alot more then you see a ferrari. I think a vette should be just like porsche and you see it that often. Sheesh you even see the boxter rarely.

As to what I mean by japanese cars on steroids. I'm talking about upgrading almost every single part in the engine and slapping on a few turbo chargers. And putting on a body kit and dropping your car to ground scrapping levels. Don't forget about the 6 inch muffler outlet. Oh and of course the stickers. 7 different colors? Does this ring a bell when it comes to rice burners? What about NOS that's what I mean by fake power. Its totally fake its not real power. What do I mean by fake? Its just you can't just get power when you NEED it just by the push of a freakin button. Your car has to have that kind of power all the time!

Monaro? At first I thought that was a word you were using for making fun of the Camaro. I have never heard of the Monaro and I live in the US. Not that, that really makes a difference I'm just saying. I know GM is comming out with a few new cars next year. Pontiac being one of the companies comming out with the cars. They are comming out with a new car called the GTO. Actually let me correct that. They are bringing that car back from 30 of the dead.

Yeah, the GTO. Thats gonna be a badass car. LS6, i believe in something roughly like what the lumina used to be. With the monaro styling, thats got alot of potential.

And i think you see boxters slightly less than Vettes, and they are roughly the same price, S is slightly more than a Z06, but in terms of performance, vette wins in looks and Hp (boxsters aren't what a Porsche-lover calls good-looking) thou the Boxster is made better, handles better, and is more comfortable. Believe me i have driven both a convertibla Vette, and a Boxster S.

I still dont like the newer Camaros/Firebirds, GM isn't displaying any quality of muscle car building in those cars, IMHO. Now the Z06, and the soon-to-be GTO are a different story. Even then, i see more Z06's on the road than Vipers and i still have yet to see a Viper500 on the road (i mean the new viper w/500ci, 500Hp, 500Trq, and a 500-watt stereo) which iis the Z06's DIRECT competitor.

As far a "fake" Hp, im not sure. Even old camaros and novas running 383strokers and a 671Wieland blower still use a lot of bottle to get the 5sec 1/8mile times that they do. NOS isn't fake, its just not practical or, again, not prestigious. I would use it, but only if its hidden well (fast and furious RX-7) and used sparingly - buyt it has to be tuned well. As far as turbos, they have many a good applications. Like in the Hennessey 850, twinturbo 8.0 liter V10 Viper. Or in a new 911 turbo, they say that car doesn't even have a noticeable turbo lag because the engine is tuned so well.

My car is a 2.5 liter 8v 4 banger that keeps up with new mustang GT's, but if i had a choice of turbo or super, i'd get a super. Power all over, thats just my preference if i had the $2500 to drop into engine work. But if i had $8k, and wanted a new car, i'd get the '89 turbo 944 (my car 3years later w/turbo) which comes with 220 stock hp, and spend a grand in intake exhaust, chip, and wastegate shim to attain upwards of 320hp. I'd be roasting on stock vettes for under $10k. And outhandling them.

And if id have a lot of money id have BOTH the turbo 944 and the super 944 in the same guards red in my garage, waiting for some idiot civic to pull up.

I understand your concern with 20K in steriods. But power is never fake if you cross the finish line first. Its just stupid if it blows your motor, and not prestigious sometimes. As far as body kits. A message to the world -

SIMPLE BODY KITS WITH FEWER STICKERS AND SIMPLE, CLEAN RIMS AND A NICE SHINY ONE COLOR PAINT JOB WILL GET YOU MORE THUMBS UP THAN THAT STUPID ANIME AIRBRUSHED ON YOUR HOOD, EVEN THOU YOUR SPRINGS ALLOW ANYONE TALLER THAN 3FT TO SEE YOUR HOOD WELL. NOBODY WANTS TO HEAR A BEE FARTING IN THE WIND, AND THEN SEE IT HAS FOURTEEN DIFFERENT COLORS AND STTICKERS FROM EVERY TWO BIT CUSTOM SHOP ON IT.

Ok, said my peace, and it really has nothing to do with the type of car you have, just the amount of extreme custom work done. Civics aren't that bad in the hands of a good customizing company. Well, they dont look bad, they just sound bad...

ok Firstly as far as the GTO it'll have an LS1 they said it MIGHT have an LS6. They are not sure as of that just quite yet.

Also when I'm talking about turbo's I'm talking about aftermarket parts. THe turbo's and supers that are usually found in stock cars to name a few 911T 03 Cobra. Things like that. They usually suck in stock cars pushing only about maybe 2-3PSI at the very most. But that is just another reason why I don't personally like porsche. Cause there means of technology is slapping in a beefy 6 cylinder and putting on some turbo's.

As for NOS......If your car is running 500HP then fine your running 500HP...but if your car is really only running 350HP and you need that extra hundred or so HP to beat your opponent then it is fake. Cause you only have that extra hundred HP when you need it for the few seconds that you actually have it. They also say that Nos works wonders or its the easy way out.

As for honda's. THey are not good or bad. Its not even this class. Its nothing more then an economy car with a 4banger that gets lots of MPG's out of it.

And when you use the terms roasting on a stock vette for under 10K. That is wrong. And that is just all the other things of steroids. Its all not reall power. You want the power then you buy a car that has the power. I don't mind souping a car a bit. But when your running an economy car such as a civic and you go ahead and say things like "roast a stock vette" that is just wrong.

http://members.tripod.com/~juan_espero/engine.html

how is a 15psi turbo 2.5L 4-cylinder Porsche producing 320Hp beating a 345Hp V8 Vette by more than two car lengthes not roasting on it? When i said less than 10K i was including an 8K purchase price. A chip, exhaust, intake, and wastegate shim aren't steroids, thats just getting the engine to breath better and maintain boost longer. "steroids" is taking an engine thats made to get 125Hp and 30mpg, and making it run 10's in the quarter. A little off the hook, and definately not prestigious.

My Porsche turbo beating a vette isn't steroids, its taking a 13 year old car, giving it a $1,000 in tuneup, and matching that against an '02 epitome of chevy engineering. Who wins? The 13 year old quality engineering 944 Turbo. (edit: oops, sorry, im talking about a standard 345Hp Vette, not the 450+Hp Z06, that's the '02 epitome of chevy engineering)

Porsche motors have always been flat-6 boxer motors with or without turbos. The Carrera 4S, for example makes 320Hp out of a 3.6L 6. I dont think GM will ever try to do something like that. And saying its not reliable isnt even an argument anymore since the water-cooled 996 motor. Stuff before that, maybe. The turbo is 420Hp, out of the same motor (over 100hp/L) and the GT2 is a 420HP naturally aspirated version of the same motor. However, it is 160K, and i do understand that is a different class.

You think V8's are the answer, and in strait quarter mile, you right, the bigger the better. But its different at Buttonwillow and Leguna Seca, where the real racing begins. No one drives a stock vette to a POC meeting expecting to beat a new Carrera, doesn't happen. The 911, i admit, is a harder car to tame if your used to front engine cars that break lose in the rear, but someone used to the weight distribution of the Carrera can easily pull higher corner speeds than any detroit muscle ever built. And to truly display Porsche's ability to produce quality sports cars, they made the 944, which is the best handling car for anyone to learn how to drive on. My grandpa could drive my car for 15min, get used to the handling, and out corner any stock camaro or firebird ever made, and i need new shocks!

I guess what im really trying to say is you need to realize there is no such thing as "Fake" power, even if it only lasts a couple of seconds, because in the quarter thats all the time you need. And as far as steroids and the article, people got money, let em spend it. You can still have an opinion....

...although the strength of that opinion is somewhat determined by what you have had experience with. I've personally owned three decently fast cars. A 93 Toyota PU w/22RE motor with a few engine mods. A 89 Camaro RS w/383stroker motor (did it myself at my friends shop and sold it for 6K to a guy i meet at a cruise nite), and my current car: an '86 Porsche 944. No mods yet, im trying to pay for school, which is where the money from the camaro went. Of the three, the Porsche has changed my entire outlook on engineering quality and "real" power. This car can daily drive with superb comfort, street race fairly well, and i get thumbs up everyday because of how clean it is, and it's STOCK! This is just a list of cars i've owned, i wont bore you with cars i've driven just because people trust me.

...and your opinion is backed by what cars?

Quote Originally Posted by ReSpAwN DeMoN
    92 Ford Taurus

3.0L V6

4 speed auto

650HP lol http://tweak3d.net/tweak/taurus/
    Sorry, your right, i shouldn't second-guess your judgement.

(to be perfectly honest thou, the Taurus article was damn funny, you do that?)

actaully I'm gonna admit to myself you and everyone else reading this that you basically took me in this argument. I'm gonna give up before I get myself into further trouble. ;)

However I'm talking about the 4cyl rycers out there. I'm not takin on no porsche. That is european. And European make the best cars. But mention price. If I vette were priced at what a ferrari is priced at it would be just as good if not better. A corvette ZO6 can probably out run alot of european cars out there for more then half the price! Your misunderstanding another thing. A camaro is a poor mans vette. The SS/WS6 is mroe then 10K less then a regular standard vette. Also when your talking about putting turbo's (more) into your porsche and out running it I couldn't imaging why. Jee maybe its cause your buying an expensive turbo? Or wait you said only intake and exaust and a new waste gate. WEll guess what....that's what rycers do! If that's what porsche calls technology then oh well.

Another thing to consider america doens't use brains to make there engines they use muscle. Its an american tradition. And its also the sound. scroll up in this thread a bit and listen to that sound. There is no car on earth that even comes close to that sound! Big engines make a deeper sound. But that's a little off the point here.

and as for that article no I just read that and since its my car I make pretend my car has 650HP

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread Information