Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Getting a new Car!

just stick in a twin-turbo......(remember 2 put low compression pistons or you'd see 1 of those flyin up).
    its a v6 so am pretty sure you could try sticking 1 of those, but if you don't want turbo's.....just make the engine bigger of better compression......
    actually...american cars can do a lot more, it just depends on the hp and the transmission, if the transs is close ratio, you wont get a lot of speed but you will get 2 the limit faster........but there's always the option of gettin a high ratio which will give lots more speed but you wont get faster 2 that speed limit. now if you really want a fast car(which isn't street legal), go for american dragster's......those come with really big blocks, superchargers, noz and make around 6000 hp(you can try 2 get almost 1000hp per cylinder) or a really fast car that's street legal....there's the buggati or cadillac's V16.....both come with 1000 hp from factory(turbo's, 7 speed transs).

as for jap cars......get a toyota supra...or a mitsubishi 3000gt........nissan skyline, 300xz and others, there's the high end versions that come with twin-turbo allready.
    My rig:
    amd athlon xp 2500+ barton core @2.16GHZ (180mhz 12x)
    cooler master x-dream(with cooler master high performance thermal compound)
    mobo: asus a7n8x deluxe
    512mb of ddr pc-3200
    radeon 9500 pro
    pctv tuner card
    antec 5.1 speakers
    antec case with 5 80mm fans
    430 watts psu
    15" monitor @ 1024*768 32bit 70hz
    48x cd-rom, 52x24x52x cdrw
    2x 160gbs 7200 rpm 8mb buffer maxtor hdd
    win xp pro with sp1a
    all drivers updated

"They say that when you run a Microsoft CD backwards you can hear demonic voices... But that's nothing - When you run it forwards it installs Windows"

Quote Originally Posted by [size=6
    rugbydude[/size]]
    Nope us british still use miles as well:thumb:
    Even though the imperial mile is different from the yank one (the same with the imperial gallon as to the US gallon and true English to Yank English) the brits (for those who keep up to date) are changin' over to the metric system as well (after several aborted attemps due to failure to comprehend it). :rolleyes2

To be honest, I have no idea why we Americans dont go to the metric system, It gets us thrown off, becuase it is quite different from all other countries, and hell, The Metric system is MUCH easier to learn and understand.

We have been using the metric system all the time here in Finland...and we also canīt understand why the americans canīt use it too... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

The wife and I just bought a brand new 2004 Nissan Sentra SE-R !!! :woot: :woot: :woot:
    Hopefully we'll get it on Monday (July 28th) as that will be our 2 year wedding anniversary ! :woot: :woot: :woot:
    SPAM Special Ops

Quote Originally Posted by E^vol
    The wife and I just bought a brand new 2004 Nissan Sentra SE-R !!! :woot: :woot: :woot:
    Hopefully we'll get it on Monday (July 28th) as that will be our 2 year wedding anniversary ! :woot: :woot: :woot:
    Sweet!

Show us some pictures when you get her!
    Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
    Managing Director
    Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Quote Originally Posted by Tomi_s
    ...and we also canīt understand why the americans canīt use it too... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
    But what would we do with all of our Craftsman/Snap-On non-metric tools??? They are warrantied for life, you think we could turn em in for metric ones???

Metric went over well here in 1977.
    U guys spend too much $ on cars.(observation)
    The best car I ever had was my beloved 1975 9c1 chev nova 4dr rcmp interceptor. I payed $150 for it. The spedo was in miles since it was older than 1977. It had a 350 vette motor that needed 98 octane fuel and a stage 2 shift kit in the t400 tranny and posi diff. It had no wheels when I towed it home. I scavenged parts from my other cars for it: Hooker headers, dynomax mufflers, h pipe, crager sst unilug mags, accel 57kv hei supercoil and dist. p285/60/r15 radial t/a's back p215/70/r15 front. I spent a total of $500 fixing it up(mostly on tires).

That car did 13.5sec/quater mile.
    The top speed was unknown, it shook violently at any more than 135mph(215kph) and I was scared it would come apart.

That was back in '95 before being tied down.

One time a kid in his mom's brand new (1200km) '96 toyota camry ran a stopsign and I hit it broadside at 50kph, totaled it($21000 damage) and I drive away with a burnt headlight thanks to the 9c1 super crash bumpers.
    Those were the days. Hope I didnt bore you.

This is what it looked like ,same colour except it was 4dr. Then the x old lady gave my spare keys to her new squeeze. He stole it and I never saw it again.
    athlon xp-m@2456mhz(12x204)
    tt aquariusII liquid cooled/ arctic silver ceramique
    asus a7n8xe-dlx
    thermaltake xaserIII lanfire
    bfg 6800gt
    seagate sataII 250gb/seagate 7200rpm 160gb ide
    samsung dvdrw
    2x1024 kingston hyper-x pc3200/ windows xp pro sp3
    logitech mx518/ logitech wingman rumble
    2x samsung 955df 19"/ canon i960
    creative x-fi fatal1ty 64mb/ altec lansing 251-5.1
    mushkin 550w

opteron 146 @ 2850 (10x285)
    DFI infinity nf4 ultra
    thermaltake tsunami dream -black
    seagate sataII 500gb
    evga 8600gt oc ssc edition
    samsung sata dvd-rw
    2x1024 ocz black
    logitech ifeel/ nec accusync 75f
    ocz fatal1ty 550w

Hmmm, a beast in disguise. My car does a quater mile in about 12.5 and its top speed is 220k as is stock. With a chip and exhaust it may go quicker but top speed doesnt really bother me as 220k is already pretty fast and the fastest I have driven in the past few months is 150k on the freeway...
    Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
    Managing Director
    Tweak Town Pty Ltd

12.5????

Are you sure?

You might want to check those figures

Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread Information