Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pics of a car that's done over 962,000KM

Just a few pics of our car, so that you can see what I'm talking about when I mention it ;)

First up a shot of the engine bay:
    What came first - Insanity or Society?

And one of the car itself..... please note it's malachite in colour, not blue ;)

A pic of the odometer..... because it only goes up to 100,000KM you'll have to take my word it's gone around the clock 9 times ;)

Looks by the cancer that it should be time 4 a replacement. ;)

Can't afford another car :cry: :cry: :cry:

Especially when the government is screwing me around at the moment

wow i bet you got your money out of that.604,375 miles . and look at the name stamped on the engine i hope wizard sees this.

well albinus thats a nice BLUE car
    ummmmmmm i cant think of one :)

Quote Originally Posted by japcarsrule
    wow i bet you got your money out of that.604,375 miles . and look at the name stamped on the engine i hope wizard sees this.

Yeah, it's a '79 model Civic, Mum bought it in 1983 when it had done 300,000KM - the former owner was a travelling salesman who drove between Sydney and Brisbane all the time. So since then we've put on the remainder. :)

And the car is malachite (the digital camera is crap), and when we had the colour made up in 1992 everyone went "WOW!!!" and sparked a malachite craze, everyone in Wynnum was painting their Corollas and Civics malachite :sun:

Yes Wiz, that is a H-O-N-D-A stamped on the engine cover :D

hahahahaahahha

wiz is gonna hate this!!!!!!
    TT Original

The only cars I know that consistently last this long are Honda Civics and Toyota Corollas. And the best part it the engine has only been reconditioned once, at about 400,000KM. I have been working on the engine for about the past month, and Mum says "it's purring like a kitten". So it's amazing what a few days of labour can do to an old car :)

We fixed the compression problem that caused it to splutter when first started, and the fuel economy has gone out of sight. We're actually burning up more fuel since leaded was replaced with LRP, but that's probably because of the higher octane rating (more power = leadfoot Albinus) :D

Yes the body is a POS - but ever since we bought the car we haven't had a garage - just sits out in the open all day every day, so the rust really isn't that bad considering the level of abuse the body has been through ;)

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information