Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Car advice needed

lol...Are you sure you know how to drive? :p
    Quick!!.Pack your bags!!

The Elephants are coming!!

i know how to drive :)
    TT Original

Well I just missed out on another car.....

1984 Subaru SportsWagon, reconditioned engine. For those who don't know, it is essential to have a good engine on an early model Subaru, as they are an "opposing" 4-cyl and bloody hard (and expensive) to work on. The only problem was a crappy ceiling, but hey - $40 from the wreckers and you've got another one.

Asked how much the guy wanted, and he said "My son's just bought it!!!" Crap!!! :cry:

For $350 as well!!! My friend who's a mechanic/car detailer said he would have paid as much as $1000 for it..... oh well **** happens and I'm still looking for another car :cry:

I'm sure you'll find a replacement eventually Al.

16yrs ago my exhusbnd and i own a bodyshop...we fix alot of cars... but this one stands out the most....we rebuilt a 68 chev 2dr....for some reason at that time i love wide tires on the back...it was white... beauiful.....one day i drove it all over the place... and not have this happen to me before... i thought i was smart, drove real fast in my driveway saw that my husband had a water cooler in the middle of my driveway.....i slided sideway and miss the thing ....hahahah and it was stuck inbetween two houses.... hahha a blonde thing... thats not all... it over heated....and the engine was raceing.... and get this it was turn off..... my husband just lauf.... becouse i am so green about stuff i thought it was going to blow up.....so now i still remmber and i look and check things out and go slow into stuff....
    adblove

I'm OK now :D

1988 Hyundai Excel, very comparable to the 1979 Honda Civic in many ways. 5-spd Manual (what I wanted), 5-door Hatch (also what I wanted), No Aircon (I wanted that) :cry:, 1.5L Engine (Carburettor - Don't like EFI). Light Blue in Colour, No rust, RWC, new tyres etc :bounce: :bounce2:

Question - there is a spot for the air conditioner, does anybody know how much an air conditioning unit would cost for this thing? :confused:

But at least it gets me out of travelling on the train and bus :thumb:

Good choice Al. I've got a Hyundi Lantra which I've had for the past 3 years and so far not one problem at all.My Hyundi

Apparantly, the earlier model Excels had an older style engine designed by Mitsubishi; it was only after demand increased that Hyundai made their own. I don't mind the carburettion one bit - at least I have some idea on how to fix that :laugh:

Went and bought some new car mats, wiper blades and assembly, and car seat covers. Hopefully will keep this car a little more rust free than the Honda (bit hard when sitting in the open all the time) :(

But at least it will spell the end of paying over $100/fortnight in public transport for both of us :eek:

Quote Originally Posted by Albinus
    I'm OK now :D

1.5L Engine (Carburettor - Don't like EFI

.....How the hell?......

Why don't you like EFI?...:confused:
    Quick!!.Pack your bags!!

The Elephants are coming!!

Well, all I can say is that a tank of fuel (which costs me about $35 Aus) does 460kms for around town trips and long distance trips I can get up to 600kms. So they're great on fuel. :D

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread Information