Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Spray Painting a monitor

I want to spray paint my monitor, but Im wondering if the paint going into the vents will hurt anything, I didnt think it would, since it would be on the outside of the color tube, but im not sure.

BTW i do know to cover up the glass:laugh:

Ya must remove the casing from the monitor to paint it but do not touch any internal components even after a week or so of bein' powered down as a high voltage charge can be stored in them for quite sometime.

thanks for the tip wiggo. I think ill try it on an old 14in monitor before I crack open my good 17"

A wise decission m8. :thumb:

Now that I think aboutn it. I think im not even gonna screw with it. Forgot about the charge these suckers can hold.

It's really not that hard to do but just requirin' care when removin' the covers plus most modern monitors have a great deal of metal shieldin' coverin' the dangerous parts.

Hmm, I might have to do it then. Does the fron part also come off? I took an old (late 80's 14in)one apart, and the front panel didnt come off

Base, front and rear will all come away and most monitors take very little effort but ya must be made aware of the dangers (just for saftey sake). If ya know the dangers then ya'll be more careful (hopefully). ;)

Ya must remove the casing from the monitor to paint it but do not touch any internal components even after a week or so of bein' powered down as a high voltage charge can be stored in them for quite sometime.
    Probably pointless using a anti static wrist strap then :) :laugh:

good tip, if u havent painted it yet, from personal expiriance, if u hold ur case frame(anything metal) and have rubber sould shoes on, btw pc should be off and pluged in, then u can safely touch anything inside the monitor to ground the monitor so u dotn acedently touch it later, i did that, thoes caps inside the monitor store alot of juice!!!!:steam: :steam:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information