Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: PC in a file carrier mod

Ok, im at it again. Im going to try to make a PC in my old file carrier. The specs of what I used to make the simulation are as follows:

Backup PCChips M810L (got 3 of these now)
    conner 600 meg hd
    atx psu case
    cdrom
    floppy

What This will really have:
    my 3RD PCChips M810L
    Athlon XP 1900+
    256megs SDRAM
    40gig WD HD
    350W ATX PSU
    Older CD-RW
    Floppy
    2case fans

The Victim

Inside look (not the parts im really going to use, but same resembalnce)

Note the CDROM is stacked on the PSU.

The finished look. IU dont have all the cutouts and stuff though, since these arent the parts im actually using.

I though about getting something to put my keybaord and mouse in that mounts on the side opf thi, any ideas/links anyone?

Very Nice, but remember, now that the case is not metal, you need to make sure everything is grounded, to each other and to the PSU.
    "In their capacity as a tool, computers will be but a ripple on the surface of our culture. In their capacity as intellectual challenge, they are without precedent in the cultural history of mankind." - Edsger Dijkstra

Sorry zeradul Im not very electricity smart, could you plez explain that in electricity idiot language plz :laugh:

and FYI, i am gonna put the mobo on standoffs still.

he means u need to electricly atach all the devices chasies together, coper wire (14 guage) would be best incase somethign shorts stuff dont blow-up. also, u need to wory about radiation, might currupt files or ruin hardware, also, do u think that case would melt? other then thoes sugestions u got a good idea for a 'potable' pc..hehehe

Mobo has arrived, CPU tommorow, PSU anytime! RAM anytime

and FYI, i am gonna put the mobo on standoffs still.
    Standoffs, good. You need them just to make sure the back of the mobo can breath a little.

Are you planning on using the mobo plate in back? (around USB, PS2, Serial, etc?) I assume you are, and if so, great. That panel needs one wire securly anchored to it. (I strongly suggest use of the panel)

Next I would suggest canibalizing the lower rear section of any old case, just for the frame that goes around the PCI and AGP cards. This way you have a nice mounting system, AND then you can ground ALL your cards at once... and they DO need to be grounded.

Also every CD-Rom, and HD need to be grouned, which can be accomplished with a bare wire going from drive to drive, and being pinched under normal mounting screws. But don't leave extra bare wire laying around. You don't want these wires touching anything except what I have instructed.

And finally, each of these wires either needs to directly attached to the PSu, or at least touch one of your grounding wires that is attached to the PSu.

You do not need to ground fans.

-----------

Grounding makes sure that no charges build up. And this is very important because computers are sensitive, and are Designed to be grounded. Grounding is the 'backup' return path of electricity, and if no grounding exists, bad things can happen.
    "In their capacity as a tool, computers will be but a ripple on the surface of our culture. In their capacity as intellectual challenge, they are without precedent in the cultural history of mankind." - Edsger Dijkstra

The only card im gonna be using is an AMR modem, But i guess thatll have to be grounded too

Thanks for the expalantion;)

No Prob.

Thread Information