Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: stealth drives

well, thats your problem, its not auto parts stores that will have them. Pepboys etc is the wrong place for this. You need a real auto paint store, the kind that autobody people go to with bondo and sandpaper and whole bumch of odd looking tools. Thats the right place.

Is there a reason why he can't go to a paint store, or a home improvment store? They all match paint. I don't see why it has to be an auto paint shop.
    I've gone too far and need to move on!

well it depends on a paint store. but no Sherwin-Williams will be able to do a custom match and put it in a can. As for the hardware stores, well you could if you want LATEX paint crap for your walls. you need a oil base paint. unless you want to try latex. but dont expect great resluts from latex.
    The only places that i know of that can colormatch oil based paints are auto paint shops.

both the paint and hardware stores around here do custom paint matches and will match a lot more than just latex...but I guess it just depends on where you live :shrug:
    I've gone too far and need to move on!

Quote Originally Posted by kane2g
    well it depends on a paint store. but no Sherwin-Williams will be able to do a custom match and put it in a can. As for the hardware stores, well you could if you want LATEX paint crap for your walls. you need a oil base paint. unless you want to try latex. but dont expect great resluts from latex.
    The only places that i know of that can colormatch oil based paints are auto paint shops.
    He's right. I got Latex Spray Paint from the Home Depot, and while it looks alright in the picture from the case modding gallery, it is really not that great when you look at it close up. It gets all uneven and crapy.
    <font color=orange>AMD Athlon XP 2500+ Barton (166*11=1883MHz) -|- Asus A7N8X Deluxe Rev2.0 -|- Corsair XMS PC3200 512 MB RAM 2T-3-3-6 @DDR333 -|- Leadtek A250 TD GF4 TI 4400 300/630 -|- 40 Gig Quntaum Fireball AP+ -|- 52x Samsung CD-ROM Drive -|- SB Live Digital 5.1 -|- Antec SG case w/350 Watt Power-Up PSU</font>

Hell, I didnt know they made Latex spray paint. But its latex, so its crap. It belongs on drywall, not in any good case.
    If youre going to go through the trouble of getting it colormatched and everything, get the enamel paint.
    :2cents:

Car paint comes in two kinds. Enamel and base/clear. I have used both, and they are the same price plus the can of clear. The base won't work without the clear. On a guitar I painted, I went with the base/clear (1999 volvo saphron colour) on top of 12 coats of high solid primer sanded with 320 and 600 between coats. Then to cure it I hung it in my van on a 35c day, That was 3 years ago and it still looks good.
    athlon xp-m@2456mhz(12x204)
    tt aquariusII liquid cooled/ arctic silver ceramique
    asus a7n8xe-dlx
    thermaltake xaserIII lanfire
    bfg 6800gt
    seagate sataII 250gb/seagate 7200rpm 160gb ide
    samsung dvdrw
    2x1024 kingston hyper-x pc3200/ windows xp pro sp3
    logitech mx518/ logitech wingman rumble
    2x samsung 955df 19"/ canon i960
    creative x-fi fatal1ty 64mb/ altec lansing 251-5.1
    mushkin 550w

opteron 146 @ 2850 (10x285)
    DFI infinity nf4 ultra
    thermaltake tsunami dream -black
    seagate sataII 500gb
    evga 8600gt oc ssc edition
    samsung sata dvd-rw
    2x1024 ocz black
    logitech ifeel/ nec accusync 75f
    ocz fatal1ty 550w

Originally posted by maximus7001
    [B]On a guitar I painted, I went with the base/clear (1999 volvo saphron colour) on top of 12 coats of high solid primer sanded with 320 and 600 between coats. Then to cure it I hung it in my van on a 35c day, That was 3 years ago and it still looks good.
    Off topic but, got a pic ?
    SPAM Special Ops

Oh, can you paint the front plastic / drives and the rest of the case (painted steel) with the same paint ? ie: will it look the same or a bit different ? (shiny vs. matte)
    SPAM Special Ops

Beige Drives Rule.

What you gain in color matching you loose in lack of 'DVD' or 'CD-RW' decals.

And if you're worried about asthetics, imagine having the door open all the time, exposing the drive rail finger areas, and simply having the uglyness of the door, now thats an eyesore!
    "In their capacity as a tool, computers will be but a ripple on the surface of our culture. In their capacity as intellectual challenge, they are without precedent in the cultural history of mankind." - Edsger Dijkstra

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information