Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Neon Lighting Question...Please Read...

is there a way that i can hook up a 12volt Blacklight that is used in cars to my computer??? i have a 12 volt blacklight that i never used in my car. and i was wondering if there is a way that i can hook it up to my computer without it shorting out my computer and anything else in my house.....please...need help with this one....

i would not reccomend it but you have to find out your power consumption of that light in watts then depening on your psu watts u may be able to run it take into consideration that your computer also will be using alot of the wattaget of your psu

once u figer out weather u wont over load it just hook the positive to the yellow on the psu and the black to the black next to it

( i will not be held liable for any dammage caused)
    http://www.pcmodware.com/hoastedimg/pcmodwarebanner.jpg
    all you modding/hardware needs at one location at discounted prices,
    Sales@pcmodware.com

I tried using a dual neon set designed for car use in my system. It worked for me for a few weeks .... then the lights burned out. Visually comparing the ballast part with the ones that are built for P.C. use there appears to be some major differences. I don't think that I would try it again.
    Antec 900 case (4 120mm and 1 200mm lighted fans + UFO flashing light set + 2 12" and 1 6" Mutant Mods meteor lights) - Aerogate ll thermal controller - Asus M2N-e SLI - AMD 64 X2 AM2 6400+ - Corsair TX650 PSU - MSI 450GTS Cyclone OC - 2 X 2GB Patriot Extreme Performance PC2 6400 RAM - SATA 320 GB Seagate HD, SATA 300GB Maxtor HD and IDE 80 GB Samsung HD - Floppy Drive/Card Reader Combo - LG SuperMulti Lightscribe 18x DVD RW - Plextor PX-716A DVD r/rw - Windows 7 Home Premium 64

Crude but Effective ... it is a way of life.

Thread Information