Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Deciding on Full Tower Cases

Hi everyone:afro:

Im going to buy a new case (full size ATX; Chenming, Antec Style) and im trying to decide which ones to get.

My first choice is the Thermaltake V2000A. This version does not come with a power supply but I can buy it w/ Tt Silent 420w PSU for about 200.00. I think this is way overpriced!
    Only reason why I want it is it doesn't look like those "standard" style antec and chenming style cases. I was planning to put a CC in there to light it up a bit.

Second is the Aspire "XP Cases" X Superalien. This case is fully modded and good deal too. But don't know about its reputation. It has 5 quad LED fans and much more including a 2 knob rheobus controller with a backlit temp display. Also includes the "tricked out" see through 500w PSU.

Do you guys recommend anything else other than these? It has to be "Chenming 'Antec'" style.

Sorry but those cases are classed as super midi's (full towers have 6 x 5.25" drive bays) though any UNEEC clone case (they changed their name from Chenming last the year b4 last) will do ya dependin' on the look that ya want (Antec, Cheiftec, Enermax, Macase, Thermaltake, etc, etc,....) or whether ya want alloy or steel. Myself I have Antec PP1080's and Enermax 710's cases (nothin' swish lookin' but functional with good airflow) but the style is ultimately up to you and ya wallet.

well you know me..go with the atx. it has 5 5.25 bays which is good enough...GO WITH THE ATX!!!:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

To me case is a case, not some MarthaStewardwannabeRiceRocket.
    CompUSA has the same case for 70bux. no funky lights or anything, but it comes w/ PSU which is actually pretty OK.
    Why bother make it pretty, when you can make it fast?
    :2cents:

Quote Originally Posted by Cpt.Crappy
    well you know me..go with the atx. it has 5 5.25 bays which is good enough...GO WITH THE ATX!!!:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
    WTF? :confused
    ATM just about any case that ya grab will be in the ATX format whether it be a mini tower or a full tower.

Actually, I'd advise getting a smaller case. Bigger cases hold more air, so you need more fans to move the air in and out of them. Smaller cases dont hold as much, so you can use less fans while still ahving great cooling (sometimes better), so it's alot quieter. I'd always advise going mid-tower and smaller, as those almost server cases are quite big. : peace2: Mista K6
    Modified Dell 8200 Case:
    -400MHz FSB i850 Intel mobo
    -P4 Williamette Socket 478, 1.9GHz
    -768MB 16-bit PC800 RDRAM
    -MSI GF4 Ti4200 128MB @ 284/581
    -7200 RPM Maxtors: 60GB (2MB) on mobo and 160GB (8MB) on ATA/133 PCI Card
    -Creative Inspire T7700 7.1 Speaker System on an Audigy 2
    -Windows XP Home Edition SP2

Rock on : peace2: , MiStA K6

Quote Originally Posted by Mista K6
    Actually, I'd advise getting a smaller case. Bigger cases hold more air, so you need more fans to move the air in and out of them. Smaller cases dont hold as much, so you can use less fans while still ahving great cooling (sometimes better), so it's alot quieter. I'd always advise going mid-tower and smaller, as those almost server cases are quite big. : peace2: Mista K6
    I'll disagree as I've found exactly the opposite over the last 6yrs.

less air is going to heat up faster, so you would need fans to move it faster.
    the faster the air moves, the more noise it makes.
    So Im with Wiggo on this.

Ah, but one fan can move all the air out of a case, so it is quieter and the heat still leaves. I could be wrong, but my case (modded Dell, about H17"xW7"xD16") only has two intake and two exhausts, running very low, and the hardware inside is frozen. My CPU heat sink, which used to be too hot to touch w/ only one exhaust fan, is not even warm now. The case makes about 20-25dB. I just dont see how having a bigger case with more fans could have a better cool/quiet ratio :confused: . It's probably best left to personal taste anyways. : peace2: Mista K6
    Modified Dell 8200 Case:
    -400MHz FSB i850 Intel mobo
    -P4 Williamette Socket 478, 1.9GHz
    -768MB 16-bit PC800 RDRAM
    -MSI GF4 Ti4200 128MB @ 284/581
    -7200 RPM Maxtors: 60GB (2MB) on mobo and 160GB (8MB) on ATA/133 PCI Card
    -Creative Inspire T7700 7.1 Speaker System on an Audigy 2
    -Windows XP Home Edition SP2

Rock on : peace2: , MiStA K6

Wait till ya put something in that case that produces twice as much heat as that 1.9 P4 that ya have in there atm. ;)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information