Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wires Everywhere!!!

ok damn it....i have wires everywhere...well my IDE cables are fine cause there rounded and not those crap 2 inch grey ones. but my fan cables are a mess(molex) and twisty ties look like crap too..any suggestions??

wire mesh or split looms (but i think spit looms makes the wires *bigger*)

wire mesh ar pretty cheap , u can ethier buy a kit, or in foot length. is around 1 dollar canadian per foot. I would recommend 10 feet of 1/4 sized wire mesh for starters, cause is always better to have more than less. For the MAIN motherboard plug, u will need to use 1/2 sized wire mesh, 2 feet is aready good for 1 PSU. To seal the ends of wire mess u will need to use heatshrink or electrical tape. Electrial tape is easier, cause no need for spending time heating it, but it will look a bit worst. I myself use electric tap which is OK, but not as good as heatshrink

u can also try to get those cable managment hooks and tape it on the top of the case, then hook the cables so all the cables will be on top. But i would stick to wire mesh.
    My new gaming rig..

[size=1.28]asus a78nx-deluxe
    2x256mb pc 3200 ddr 400.(with cooling)
    athlon Xp 2500+ ( at 200x10=2000mhz .)
    seagate 80gb 8mb SATA
    Tt vlocano 7+ cpu cooling
    Clear case from HK.
    Leaktek fx5600 128mb
    enermax 350w PSU
    wireless internet setup[/size]

(game/ftp server) windows xp pro, duron 1.4ghz, 256mb pc 2100 2x40gb Hd, radeon 9200se chieftec dragon
    canada price watch :)

do wat i did, run all your wires behind ur motherboard and use lots of tape or glue...it toke be about 2 days to get all the wiering perfet so u only have to see them when u connect it to the pluges.
    MOTHER BOARD : GIGABYTE K8N-SLI NForce 4
    PROCESSOR: AMD X2 3800+
    GRAPHICS CARD: EVGA 7800GT 256mb
    PSU: Enermax 535W
    MEMORY: Kingston 4x 512 pc3200 = 2GB
    Hard Drive: Seagate 300GB HDD 7,2000 RPM
    MONITOR: 19" Sony
    windows XP: home

well TOM theres a prob with puttin behind my board..im gettin another window on the other side, and the metal plater the mobo sits on, well thats soon going to be plexy glass. i have it messured and now i have to cut it..its going to look pretty cool...but smokin, where can i get wire mesh, can i get it at a hardware store or comp usa or what..i dont want to order off line...thanks

if u live in USA< there will be tons of stores that sell it. Go do google search and try to find a store with good mesh pricing. Some stores call their wire mesh braded mesh.

i live in canada, and i get it from www.vibecomputers.com, a great site in canada with Great service.
    My new gaming rig..

[size=1.28]asus a78nx-deluxe
    2x256mb pc 3200 ddr 400.(with cooling)
    athlon Xp 2500+ ( at 200x10=2000mhz .)
    seagate 80gb 8mb SATA
    Tt vlocano 7+ cpu cooling
    Clear case from HK.
    Leaktek fx5600 128mb
    enermax 350w PSU
    wireless internet setup[/size]

(game/ftp server) windows xp pro, duron 1.4ghz, 256mb pc 2100 2x40gb Hd, radeon 9200se chieftec dragon
    canada price watch :)

I hear ruber tubing from an Auto shop does a good job.

Cheapest way is to just use electrical tape to stick the cables together, and then stick them to places you can't see in the case. I've got mine stuck under some drive bays and behind PSU mount. Can only see the wire from my Side case fan.
    ~AlthonXP T-Bred 2,600 @ 2305mhz~
    ~Epox 8RDA+~
    ~Hercules Radeon 9800XT 256mb~
    ~512 Corsair P3200 @ 6,2,2,2.0~
    ~WD1200JB HDD~
    ~Antec 1080 Plus~

yeah i cant do that cause my case is too big...but remember that orac3 project and that guy put the molex cable in that metal tubbing well i know how to do that but how in the hell do you do it with the ide cables..could somebody explain this to me how he got ide cables through a metal tube..it wont let me put a pic cause its being wierd....
    Lostprophets-

I've heard all your whining
    All this talk behind my back
    The time is coming
    The time is now for our attack
    A new sun rising
    A new one in your world of black
    Don't try to stop this
    You will break like glass

Its hard to do, just get some matching rounded cables

i do..i dont have those crappy 2 inch grey ide cables..i have the rounded ones..but i didnt think you could disconnect the ide cable from the plug...
    Lostprophets-

I've heard all your whining
    All this talk behind my back
    The time is coming
    The time is now for our attack
    A new sun rising
    A new one in your world of black
    Don't try to stop this
    You will break like glass

You cant take them from the plug.

Ok, so you can, but I highly say dont, as odds are ya'd mess the cable up as they have to be perfect.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information