Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Antec Lanboy case.

No condesation doesn't just happen because cold air contacts something higher in temp. That's like saying, If you pop the hood on your car with the engine running, your engine will get wet.
    I know if warm air contacts something cold, condesation will occur.
    Like when you bring a beer outside, the can gets wet.

I don't know, I'm not a scientist. I did check my RiG to make sure:p and it was fine. and ouside temp was below 0degreesC last night.
    Main RiG:
    CPU: Athlon 64 3200+@2.17
    Mobo:Asus KT8V deluxe
    Ram:1Gig Corasair XMS PC-3200
    AGP: eVga GeForce 6800
    Case:Antec SLB
    HDD:Maxtor 80Gig 8mb
    PSU:Antec TRUE380

I am not a scientist either, just thought I would help you out, as a friend of mine ruined his motherboard from making a duct sucking in air from outside, into his computer. It was not raining, but we found alot of condensation inside his computer, thinking this was the case, I thought it best to warn you.

I hope it doesn't happen to you.

evidently you arent a scientist radicus :P

There are many metal parts of the computer that are cold enough to cause condensation. As long as temps are below the dew point, condensation will occur. If that water drips, runs, etc onto an electrical part, problems occur.

Sekoye, I'm not surprised, that happens alot. I guess if you wanted to put a little dehumidifier or some carpenter's chalk in the duct (then dry it out everyday, or have two and switch them off), it might help. Usually moist air just isnt good for computers, thats that. : peace2: Mista K6
    Modified Dell 8200 Case:
    -400MHz FSB i850 Intel mobo
    -P4 Williamette Socket 478, 1.9GHz
    -768MB 16-bit PC800 RDRAM
    -MSI GF4 Ti4200 128MB @ 284/581
    -7200 RPM Maxtors: 60GB (2MB) on mobo and 160GB (8MB) on ATA/133 PCI Card
    -Creative Inspire T7700 7.1 Speaker System on an Audigy 2
    -Windows XP Home Edition SP2

Rock on : peace2: , MiStA K6

Ok I see your point mista K6. But, like you said the air would have to be moist. I've just never seen anything warm condense in cold air. I guess it could happen If I relocated my rig into a warm room after It's been sitting in front of the window, but why would I do that :shock:

Sekoye, thanks for the warning man. I'll keep an eye on it.
    Main RiG:

I know, it doesnt seem right, hence many people dont think it'll happen. Generally, the cold air cools the metal (metal has a very low specific heat, so it loses whatever heat it has very quickly) while the warm computer parts heat the incoming moist, cold air, which is the medium between the parts and the now cold metal parts of the case. Now see where condensation comes in? Anyways, glad you're aware of the consequences. Try putting some carpenters chalk in the intake from the outside, it does a very good job of absorbing moisture in the air. : peace2: Mista K6
    Modified Dell 8200 Case:
    -400MHz FSB i850 Intel mobo
    -P4 Williamette Socket 478, 1.9GHz
    -768MB 16-bit PC800 RDRAM
    -MSI GF4 Ti4200 128MB @ 284/581
    -7200 RPM Maxtors: 60GB (2MB) on mobo and 160GB (8MB) on ATA/133 PCI Card
    -Creative Inspire T7700 7.1 Speaker System on an Audigy 2
    -Windows XP Home Edition SP2

Rock on : peace2: , MiStA K6

Hello all, well sadly enough the temps here went up recently. It's supposed to get up to 70 degrees F in the next few weeks or so :evil: So, I had run my fans normal again, as the front mount was not strong enough to exaust air from the case. Oh well, It worked great for a little while :D
    Main RiG:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information