Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: AT case, ATX mobo, What am I to do???

OK, another bit of good news.
    I was originally using a 8RDA board to fit in there, but due to LAN/USB and sound connectors, I would have to remove a lot more marterial than I really wanted. Luckly I have a spare KG7 laying around and since it dont have onboard sound and only 2USB ports, the fit is better. A lot better. So it looks like Im going to be putting KG7Raid into it. Which actually works out better in the end, as it has 4 IDE channels already :D Thats 8bays that I can fill with something.
    Still considering SATA as an option, as well as looking for a nforce2 system w.o sound. I wonder if they make those????
    Ahh well, at least I got some more progress ;)

Quote Originally Posted by kane2g
    EDIT: Ahhh I found it, it was on the page itself, and you're right, its a midATX case. my bad. :o
    I thought ya would. :D
    I've done a few good AT-ATX mods and the most I had to do was just cut a rectangle out to fit an ATX I/O plate in (I've plenty of them around here) and drill 'n' tap a standoff hole or 2. ;)
    Still considering SATA as an option, as well as looking for a nforce2 system w.o sound
    Don't throw the SCSI idea away either as there are some cheap parts floatin' around now but I don't like ya chances of findin' an nForce2 mobo w/o sound.

SCSI will help with cabling too. I believe you can have up to 9 connectors on one cable. I'm only familiar with the SATA connectors that came with my mobo and they only connect one HD each. Are there other configurations?
    :-(

Well, Im not giving up on SCSI. I do have plans on getting some SCSI CDRoms and DVDroms. Since they are going to be furthest away from the mobo, I will have to do SCSI, as there are no SATA optical drives. Im thinking 8CD/DVDroms and use the bottom 4 spaces for SCSI raid. SATA would be for the middle, but that would depend on how well IDE cables will fit in the case. 18" aint that much to work with.
    BTW I can get PCI SATA controllers so adding one or two of thos wont be a big deal.:thumb:
    Digicam is still MIA :(

Well, this isnt going as well as I hoped. Looks like the dremel is MIA right along with my digicam :( I wanted to have something acomplished, but today isnt my day.

Maybe you guys can help me in the SCSI search tho, SCSI question

Quote Originally Posted by elrado1
    SCSI will help with cabling too. I believe you can have up to 9 connectors on one cable.
    Actually 8 devices per channel is the max, but contoller counts as 1, so total of 7 drives.

Actually 8 devices per channel is the max, but contoller counts as 1, so total of 7 drives.
    Actually dependin' on the version of SCSI there can be anywhere from 4 to 16 devices but yes the controller counts as 1 device. This page from Adaptec should answer ya "SCSI question" though.

ooops, my bad. 16max is true on ultra320.
    I searched the adaptec's website before and i didnt find anything, but google answered it. looks like it does slow down to the slowest device :shrug:
    So I migh just be doing SCSI for CDroms, and going with Sata for storage/Raid.

Today was modding day @ my house. There was some progress on both projects. Check out the new pictures at my website.
    PS, if you got a 56k, you might want to go for a snack, as there are quite a few pics on that page.

Re. Space between fan and radiator. You may want to fill in the gap with som sort of gasket. A cork valve cover gasket from an auto parts store comes to mind. Or if you know of a decent arts supply store, they'll have small sheets of neoprene-like foam that would perfect for making a gasket. If I find any data on it, I'll let you know.
    :-(

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information