Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Silence Is Golden

I have been researching this for the last couple of weeks and I need some strong real world advice.

I want to make my PC as quite as possible and at this stage money is not an issue. I have looked at the TT Aquarius III and seems great but it only seems to cool the CPU, what about system cooling, NB & SB, and VGA as well. If I was to go for water cooling do I need a really good PSU, what is the most silent?, and what really quite case fans.

What are the best alternatives without going for water cooling?

If money is no problem! Who makes the best temp&silent equip?
    What PSU would you buy? TT, ANTEC QTec etc
    What case fans?
    What VGA Cooler?
    What Fan controller?

Help?

Mid Tower Aluminium, 520W PSU(2 Fan), 3 case
    MSI K7N2 Delta IL-SR
    AMD XP3000+(Barton)
    Creative GF4 TI4600
    Dual DDR Cosair PC2700
    2 SATA 80GB RAID 0
    2 IDE 80GB
    DVD+-RW
    3.5" Zip250

Well, if money isnt an issue I would check out the pre-built water cooled verge built buy dangerden here . Add in blocks for your NB and GPU and some quiet 120mm fans. Evercool aluminum ones are very nice, quiet (especially when turned down a tad), and move ALOT of air. If you dont want to go water cooling, look into getting an Antec P160. It is a very quiet case, when turned down 120mm are used. For a CPU HSF, get a thermalright heatsink and a quiet 92mm fan, or if you're not going to overclock that much, get a thermaltake silent boost, I've heard many good things about them. I like vantec fan controllers (Both of those systems wont use more than 4 fans), as they look good and work well. Hope that helped, : peace2: Mista K6
    Modified Dell 8200 Case:
    -400MHz FSB i850 Intel mobo
    -P4 Williamette Socket 478, 1.9GHz
    -768MB 16-bit PC800 RDRAM
    -MSI GF4 Ti4200 128MB @ 284/581
    -7200 RPM Maxtors: 60GB (2MB) on mobo and 160GB (8MB) on ATA/133 PCI Card
    -Creative Inspire T7700 7.1 Speaker System on an Audigy 2
    -Windows XP Home Edition SP2

Rock on : peace2: , MiStA K6

Thanks for the reply I appreciate it.
    I would like to start overclocking but it seems the 3000+ is a bit difficult to unlock and I am waiting for the formal release of the 56.56 drivers from Nvidia. So in the mean time I am happy to change hardware.
    Any ideas on a good PSU, I have tried 3 at this stage and 350W won't support the system and all its components and the new Hiper Power 480W works well but on quite mode doesn't move enough air so the temps go up and over 52 to 61c where thems system then just hangs. I am able to get sample equipment from my brother in-law but if I want something like the TT 480W Butterfly series I have to buy it.

Any info would be Great.

Mid Tower Aluminium, 520W PSU(2 Fan), 3 case
    MSI K7N2 Delta IL-SR
    AMD XP3000+(Barton)
    Creative GF4 TI4600
    Dual DDR Cosair PC2700
    2 SATA 80GB RAID 0
    2 IDE 80GB
    DVD+-RW
    3.5" Zip250

you people and your quiet systems :geek:

do you have any intake/exhaust fans on that setup?

^^^
    cause thats where I would start first if you don't....

and i wouldnt know about quiet stuff...

just like how guns it's, weight=reliablity...well IMO noise= :thumb:

You dont need to go deaf to have a high performance computer. Many quiet comps are better than their noisy counterparts as a big, slow-moving fan moves a whole mass of air by a heat sink, which absorbs hear better than high speed streams going past it. Also, those TT intake/exhaust fans are probably some of the loudest on the market, there are many fans that move the same amount of air, if not more, at much less noise. You might want to check it out, silence IS golden :thumb: . : peace2: Mista K6
    Modified Dell 8200 Case:
    -400MHz FSB i850 Intel mobo
    -P4 Williamette Socket 478, 1.9GHz
    -768MB 16-bit PC800 RDRAM
    -MSI GF4 Ti4200 128MB @ 284/581
    -7200 RPM Maxtors: 60GB (2MB) on mobo and 160GB (8MB) on ATA/133 PCI Card
    -Creative Inspire T7700 7.1 Speaker System on an Audigy 2
    -Windows XP Home Edition SP2

Rock on : peace2: , MiStA K6

hey i got great deal on my fans...less the $4.00 a fan... i would buy some new ones, but they arent all that loud...i have them at their lowest speed...its just since I got 7 fans, no matter what make/modle they are its gonna be loud just because of the amount of air moving..... :thumb:

I don't know if you bought the stuff yet, since it was two months ago, but I bought 5 Vantec stealth fans for my case and their are very quiet. I highly recommned them. Also a good CPU HSF that is also queit in the Vantec Aeroflow. They even have a second version out now, and they cool very well.

Thread Information