Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: modding a Compaq 2500 server

ive just come into contact with a Compaq 2500e Server.
    image attached, does any 1 know if i can build up a an atx system in this case, based around a gigabyte ga7dxr main board.

Will there be any mods that need 2 be done???

thanks 4 ure help guys.

could ya get a "case open" picture.....

you make anything fit, with a dremel, a drill, and a bit of brute force....

As i dont actually have the server yet, i got the pic off ebay, here is another pic not 2 great but maybe sum 1 knows a bit more than me.

thanks 4 the input :D

From what I can tell, after doing a search on ebay for similar items, it looks to me like it will be quite a challenge to put such a case to use. You'd have to be willing to accept a challenge and you'd have to be able to get it cheap.
    :-(

Rackmout cases are sweet!!
    But if u thinking about windows and all the other "Oh look at my new ___ with LED!" than they arent designed for that. :2cents:

Gotta luv the drive cage tho!

all i wana do is get a normal rig built up in that thing, as it would be great 2 show freinds with thermaltake cases a "real" case, lol.

Any 1 any idea if a motherboard would fit in without any work, but if not i aint affraid 2 attack it :twisted:

Thanks people

it "should" fit, as long as it didnt use some non-standard form factor.
    It really depends, best would be a pic of the back, that would tell u a lot more.
    BTW, I just made my my ATX fit into AT case. A little work, but when you see the case, you'd understand. :D
    http://sirwarrior.kicks-ass.org/Projects/beast.html

Quote Originally Posted by work dam u
    all i wana do is get a normal rig built up in that thing, as it would be great 2 show freinds with thermaltake cases a "real" case, lol.

Any 1 any idea if a motherboard would fit in without any work, but if not i aint affraid 2 attack it :twisted:

Thanks people
    I don't think it'll be a without any work kind of thing. Check the pics provided on this auction: Compaq Proliant 2500 Rackmount Server A10125 The mobo is neither an AT or an ATX form factor. It's not even close.
    :-(

yep. looks like only a mini-ITX could be fitted into it. But if u are skilled enough in dremmel / drill skills *maybe some welding* you could just hack unneeded parts out and MAKE room ;)

Thread Information